Bambi

Dark Knight
Veteran
Gil
FFXIV
Bambi Branford
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Do you take the 10 phoenix downs from the birds nest on Mt Corel?

I only ever took them the first time I everplayed it, then promoptly felt guilty for ages after when I killed the parents :gasp:

So Ive never taken them since xD

I just can't bring myself to do it, even though I know they would come in handy....especially as I used my last one just before I faced Materia Keeper.....is it that guy at Mt Nibel....? Either way...hm lol

Last edited:
You're just mean -__-

I can't bring myself to do it :wacky: I look at the little chicks and Im like awwwwww. I think about it for afew minutes then come to the conclusion that I just can't do it xD

I had Red and Yuffie at the time.....I'm pretty sure Red wanted to eat them -__-

On my current playthrough, I took 'em, mostly because I was poor after spending all mah monies on goddamn materia. ;_; I didn't feel guilty though. Why would the birds even need friggin' phoenix downs? I had one, ONE left, so I just took 'em. Dumb birds. -__-

On my first playthrough, yes I did. Not because I needed them, but because they were just there and I thought, "Ok, why not?"

On my 2nd playthrough though (which I never did finish the game completely), I left it because again, I didn't need it. I'm one of those players who would train for hours before entering the next town and after leaving a town, so I was completely stocked up with potions and phoenix downs.

I'm one of those players who would train for hours before entering the next town and after leaving a town, so I was completely stocked up with potions and phoenix downs.
I'm the type to run around looking for random encounters for a while, then completely freak out upon realization that I have no healing items. I'm very bad at preparing myself in that aspect. So, naturally, that's why I so badly needed the phoenix downs. >_>;

I took them, and I didn't have any trouble sleeping that night. I didn't really need them, but I just took them because they were there....

I took them on my most recent playthrough because I completely forgot you had to kill the parents. Whoopsie. I don't even need healing items in general because I have both of Aerith's level 3 limit breaks >_>

Just played through that part this weekend. Didn't take them, didn't need them. But I kind of wish I did take them now. Could have used them. So I guess the idea is, you may not need them now, but you may need them later.

I just couldn't bring myself to take them. I guess i'm just too much of a nice guy at times.

I take 'em, slaughter the parental and give the liddle chicks some freedom. There really isn't any reason NOT to take them really, saves gil and comes in handy later on when the game gets harder especially on lower levels.

On a few play throughs, I had took the items but the thing that made my day was Tifa comparing Cloud's hair to a chocobo's. =)

i took the phoenix downs. i needed them for the main reason that through the game, i play stingey. i dont buy materia, i dont buy weapons, i dont buy items. i only play on the things i find or steal, so when i had the chance to take 10 phoenix downs, i took it.

yes, i play the game cheep.(if you dont get it, go ask someone about the pun):P

It killed the bird's parents? Oops... I guess I'm a murderer. I live in America. I'm used to chicks giving out free samples. :monster: I didn't think anything of it.

Just think when the chicks grow up they will probally kill you cause there parents will be there aswell thus you being out numberd becauce you felt bad for the chicks that will probally attack you later in the game lol... just my 2 cents

I always take em, I try to get every item possible in the game..I must!
:]

I normally take em too, I don't think the chicks will be that bothered and if they were you have an extra 10 Phoenix Downs for chick fighting! Although I dont think they'd do much damage lol :)

I took them just for the fight. After killing the mama bird I didn't feel guilty the bird attacked me all I wanted was the p. downs.

Do you take the 10 phoenix downs from the birds nest on Mt Corel?

I only ever took them the first time I everplayed it, then promoptly felt guilty for ages after when I killed the parents :gasp:

So Ive never taken them since xD

I just can't bring myself to do it, even though I know they would come in handy....especially as I used my last one just before I faced Materia Keeper.....is it that guy at Mt Nibel....? Either way...hm lol

It's actually part of the Gold Saucer dating mechanic... You get points if Aerith, Tifa, Yuffie or even Barret is in your party (Yuffie and Barret are very hard to get that you would have to plan how to get that the start of the game (when you give a flower to Marlene) or the instant you recruit Yuffie)

... And of course, you lose points if you take it. I don't know if you can redo it over and over again to get more points... but... let's say you want a date with Tifa but not Aerith... just make sure that Tifa is with you and Aerith is not, take a peek at the nest... then leave it alone.... then switch the girls out and with Aerith, take the item and kill the parents.

You have the highest chance to get Aerith, then Tifa, Yuffie (rare) then Barret (very rare)

--- Trust me, this is NOT a rumor... I've done it myself and got Yuffie and Barret

Last edited:
Back