What is your favorite boss battle?

Zeromus

Blue Mage
Gil
Well everyone, post what your favorite boss battle is. Meh, I like pretty much all boss battles (except when I lose. Losing just is no fun. Lol.) Also, what do you think the ugliest boss is?

I like playing boss battles in RPG's when it's someone imprtant to the storyline. Wild Arms with Belselk and the other children of Mother.

well i love taking part in the optional boss fights in final fantasy 10 and 12. I love the omega and ultimate weapon in ff10 those battles were the best. and the omega mark, one of the hardest bosses to me at least.

Heh, as for my favorite, in VIII I love the battle with the Iguions, and Abadon is funny and interesting as well.

I love alot of boss battles from FF12, Gabranth's and Vossler's and my most favorite is super hard to decide, probably the battle against Doctor Cid at the Pharos and then when Reddas cuts the Nethicite.

I didn't really enjoy any of the boss battles in XII, seeing as you never really had to do much other than set your Gambits... but I found the Dr. Cid fight in the Pharos to be particularly climactic and engrossing.

Otherwise, it's the Biran & Yenke fight on Mt. Gagazet (X) that takes my favour. Not especially challenging, but the feel of the fight is what makes it for me. The conflicting past, stacked odds, desperation, all things that make this fight immensely compelling for me. Plus the two on one factor is quite entertaining. ;D

Boss fights that are excruciatingly hard don't really cut it for me. Yes you get a surge from winning, or if you lose you feel determined to try again until you win, but... meh, it doesn't make them interesting or gripping enough to be 'favourites'.

My favorite battles are against superbosses. I'd have to say that both Yiazmat and Ozma were engaging battles. The Yiazmat one was long but it was still cool. I like the Ozma one because it's so unpredictable. You never now whats gonna happen so there's a luck factor as well, but it's a fun battle through and through. Storyline wise I'd say both the final bosses from FFX and FFVII. The first time I went against Braska's Final Aeon he proved a formidable challenge. Of course, now that I've been able to beat Nemesis my characters are way overlevelled for Braska's Final Aeon and now I can beat him in 3 hits. Safer Sephiroth is a cool fight (if you don't use Knights of the Round, that is). The music, the look of the boss, everything feels pretty epic.

I love Cactuar on VIII, it's not like it's a particularily interesting fight and it DOES Drag on abit, but I just love it, cactuars are rather epic

I really don't care for most of the boss battle I get into but the only one I ever enjoy fighting is the one against the Four Fiends in the Giant of Babil in FFIV. I do enjoy the battle music and the consecutive attack of fighting 4 enemies in a row.

Definitley the first boss in FF VII-the big blue scorpion. That guy is just so cool-you really can't beat a big blue scorpion-I remember that once, me and my bro made him with bionicles...

Well, I like all boss fights to be honest. It's just a change of pace from the same old enemies over and over, and a bit more of a challenge. My favourite boss battle would probably be the second time you fight Seymour, in FFX. That fight was amazingly fun to me, a bit of a challange, but not too easy. Braska's Final Aeon, also from FFX, was pretty sweet as well. It was on the hard side the first time, but now I have it down easy and it's just amazing to play over... |D

I like a lot of boss battles from the series, either for the battle music or because of the cinematics during or after the battle. These are the ones I like most: (contains spoilers)

FFIV: Tellah vs. Golbez, Underworld battle vs. Golbez (Rydia's return)
FFV: Galuf vs. Exdeath, every battle vs. Gilgamesh
FFVI: Leo vs. Kefka, Atma Weapon
FFVII: JENOVA Birth
FFVIII: Edea (both times)
FFIX: Garland-Kuja, Death Gaze-Trance Kuja-Necron
FFX: Seymour (all times), Biran & Yenke, Yunalesca
FFX-2: The Aeons, Shuyin
FFXII: Judge Ghis, Judge Bergan, Dr. Cid (Pharos), Judge Gabranth (both times), Vayne

Final fantasy X FInal Boss in the Battle Area. I thou he was easy until he use that move that hit 9,9999. I was like damn 1 hit Ko.

@FFDK - The name is Nemesis :)
Yes, he can kill you with one hit, but he is pretty slow. I beat him and played with him, by casting X-potions on him, just to get countered with Ultima >_<

My favorite Boss is always Gilgamesh, i enjoy fighting with him in all FF he appears, but the one i liked most was in FFXII, he is hilarious and fierce at the same time. Hw always shows up for collecting swords and his presence on any FF is always good.
he is without a doubt my Favorite Boss and one of my Fav Characters ^_^

I have a few favorites:

In FFVI: the final fight with Kefka
In FFVIII: Fight with Ultimercia and all of her forms
In FFIX: Necron
In FFX: Seymour Flux, Braska's Final Aeon, Yunalesca
In FFXII: The second fight with Gilgamesh

Final Fantasy 5's gilgamesh! any fight in final fantasy 5 with gilgamesh is challenging! any fight with gilgamesh can make you stuck. the one in ff1 is hard too.

Back