What's your favourite band?

Iron Maiden are my favourite band of all time. I've been listening to them since I was 4, and I have seen them 6 times now. I own all their albums, singles, everything. I have probably had about 18 Maiden t-shirts over the years too.

Honourable mentions go to Metallica, Bruce Dickinson, Cream, Deep Purple and Thin Lizzy.

My all time favourite band is definatly Nightwish - both Tarja and Anette stages. Their music is just simply amazing; both on CD and live. They are also so super sweet. Last tour in Australia I met Tuomas, Marco and Jukka - such sweet and friendly guys who didn't mind posing for a few pics!

After Nightwish i love Within Temptation - Sharon's voice is like an angels. I also love Ayumi Hamasaki. She's such a diva. Love her work so much. ♥ And Paramore is definatly up there too.

Bring Me The Horizon is my favorite band....right now at least. They are my favorite band because they have a unique sound that I automatically got used to. At concerts there also full of energy and I love a band with a good live sound.

Favorite song by them is Pray For Plagues cause its nice and heavy either that or Chelsea Smile. Good hype songs.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure I haven't replied to this... If I have, I'm sorry, I don't have memory of all my 800+ counted posts. So, here we go!

Depeche Mode - This is probably one of the longest running and most successful of the new wave/dark wave bands that started in the 80's. They have about 10 studio albums, over a hundred songs, and have a great legacy. Alternative Rock bands and Synthesizer Pop/Rock bands of today owe a lot to Depeche Mode. And their sound has suitably evolved over the years, from poppy synthesizers and catchy choruses, to industrial rock, to gothic rock/dark wave, to mock-gospel, to the current techno/electronica/dance sound they currently hold. Lots of bands have covered and remixed Depeche Mode's music including Marilyn Manson, A Perfect Circle, Tori Amos, Lacuna Coil, Mike Shinoda of Linkin Park, Johnny Cash, etc. This band has a legacy, whether you like them or not, it's undeniable. Iconic songs are: Just Can't Get Enough, New Life, Everything Counts, People are People, Master and Servant, Blasphemous Rumours, Stripped, Question of Lust, Never Let Me Down Again, Personal Jesus, Enjoy the Silence, Policy of Truth, Barrel of a Gun, etc.

Tool - I gotta admit, I LOVE progressive rock. There's so much going on in your typical progressive rock song that it's hard to stop listening because it takes the song forever to actually get boring. The genre is built around experimentation and doing something different. Tool, at first listen, sounds like a metal band. Loud guitar, hard bass. But this band has two things that separate it from most metal bands; they experiment with uncommon time signatures and their lead singer is actually audible and great at what he does. Listening to songs like Lateralus, Schism, Sober, Aenima, Vicarious or Parabol really get you hooked to their sound.

A Perfect Circle - An alternative rock band with some progressive rock elements with the same bassist and the same lead singer as Tool. Originally, the concept was to have a female lead singer, but none of the prospective singers fell into place, and so Maynard Keenan of Tool stepped up to the plate. As I've said in the Tool section, this guy is a great singer, probably one of the best I've ever heard with a great vocal range and a vocal dexterity that allows him to do octave changes and such with expertise. Iconic songs are: Blue, Judith, 3 Libras, The Hollow, Weak and Powerless, People are People (Depeche Mode Cover), Imagine (John Lennon Cover), Passive.

Gorillaz -
To be completely honest, I'm not a huge fan of modern day rap. About the closest I'll go to the genre is Gorillaz, which is less of a rap or hip-hop band and more of an experiment. This band was created by Jamie Hewlett and Damon Albarn with the intention of picking fun at today's 'MTV Culture' with a virtual band, which technically doesn't exist, ala' the Bradys, The Archies, Josie and the Pussycats, Alvin and the Chipmunks, etc., with modern sensablities. The sound of the band itself is hard to pin down, it's like a jazz/punk/rock/hip-hop/techno fusion, where the sound is mostly determined by which of their songs you're listening to at the moment, yet all the songs in each album fit well together. Notable songs are: Clint Eastwood, 19/2000 (Soulchild Remix), Tomorrow Comes Today, Feel Good Inc., DARE, Dirty Harry, Kids with Guns, and El Manana.

Last edited:
Hard to say, as there are so many that I love.

Taking Back Sunday is definitely up there for me. Rarely do you see a musician so profound on bass as the great Matt Rubano. Adam Lazarra's vocals, while sometimes rough, are passionate and great for adrenaline. I was a bit disappointed that Fred left the band, as his guitar skills were excellent. However, after finding myself compelled by New Again, I can definitely say that the band has remained as solid as ever.

Oh! Bloc Party is an excellent band, deservant of very strong praise. Their musical composition is thrilling, their pedal work is brilliant, and I'm quite the fan.

Armor For Sleep, I think, is a great band. A bit emo--okay, well, a lot emo--but their music is excellent. The sounds they create are wicked, and their composition is just great. I can really get pumped to their songs.

I'll always be a huge Blink fan, since childhood. Their band is proof that you don't need umpteen members or instrumental intricacies to make good music.

The Killers, The Fratellis, We Are Scientists, Amberlin, Muse - all some of my favorites.

i also forgot to mention systme of a down,theyr music is more light heavy metal if that makes sense,but they are a solid band,you should check them out

ill start ones u most likely heard of

atreyu
bullet for my valentine
avenged sevonfold
drowning pool
nonpoint
ozzy

now the good ones

angel blood
lamb of god
souljourners
sheet monkey
dirty penny
lowkey
inherence
spater
steel city
compressed
hellfire
and much much more...those are only the best in the world

I have four all-time, never gonna give 'em up, favorites:
Death Cab for Cutie - Their music is calm and relaxing
Bjork - I found her oddness quite captivating. I tend to do Yoga to her music.
Mae - It's my middle name! I found them because of that then I ended up loving their Indie music.
Nirvana - Kurt Cobain may have been a mess but the music he created was just fantastic.

As for what I've found myself listening to lately...
I've an interest in Asian music as of recently. Artists such as the Wonder Girls, J, Ayumi Hamasaki, BoA, and Shiina Ringo have been the most listened to.

Can people please start stating why they like these band(s) instead of just naming them? From now on, just saying which you like will be considered spam and posts will be deleted, unless a valid reason is given.

Back