the cheating way to upgrade your characters

saxton1138

Chocobo Breeder
Gil
hehe

Final fantasy II's upgrading system is so broken, you can actually level up your characters without attacking any monster! Simply issue a command, such as "attack", then cancel the command, and just repeat! At the end of the battle, your attack stat will go up, if you've cancelled enough times! It works for all attacks, black magic and white magic! And to increase HP? Simply attack each other! Just be careful. I think it increasing HP and your defence!

So if you've got an hour to spare, knock yourself out!

REALLY!!! OMG I LOVE THAT! I knew you could hit eachother to upgrade but i didn't know cancelling worked as well!!! I'll do that today!

I guess it is useful for those who can't be bothered to do it the proper way. But to me, cheating to upgrade characters seems like a cheap way out for me...I know that means you have to go through the painful and boring way of upgrading your characters properly but that's what gives me a sense of achievement when I complete an FF title.

Anyway, could be useful for some. Thanks.

Augh, Like everyone is saying; Does it work for PSP version?

I'm going to FFI and FFII remake today =D.

I never knew this. I only finished GBA and PSP versions and for both of them all I did was go through normally without much stat building except for Magic which I just used on my characters over and over until it was enough to level up.

I'm gonna go find out if it works on the PSP in a moment, because I love all of you that much....

*EDIT* Can't find the UMD. How fucking lame.

it should work!!

i havent tryed it yet but i have been on a couple of cheat sites and the tip is there on chronicles ps so it should work:confused:

The other day I found a pretty good way to level up Cure, get one of your characters poisoned then finish the battle and walk around, then just heal your characters as you take damage. It works even better if you walk around inside a town that way you don't have to worry about random battles plus you can buy ethers so you can keep casting cure.

A little off topic I know, but I figured it would be best to post here instead of creating a new thread for it.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but that only works on the NES version, it was fixed in the GBA, PS1 and PSP remakes

I have done that attack self bit on the GBA and PS1 versions and it is still there but i don't know about the other.
Maybe I should start playing it again.

I have done that attack self bit on the GBA and PS1 versions and it is still there but i don't know about the other.
Maybe I should start playing it again.

I'm pretty sure that attacking yourself is still beneficial in the PSP version, if you cast a spell on yourself it levels the spell up, and I think if you attack yourself your HP levels up. Plus attacking yourself gives you an excuse to cast cure which can help you level it up faster.

But yeah the attack and cancel trick is fixed.

Cheating sucks! If you're going to cheat, you might as well just watch a play-through video on youtube or something. I curse you, Game Genie! :)

Wow i did not know that but i will check it out.
ff2_logo.jpg

Back