I assume we make new topics according to what we mean ^^
@Hera, I knwo we discussed some of this over MSN, but I just felt like posting it, for easier discussion, and perhaps new ideas might be formed due to feedback..
This basically works in one of a number of ways.
[Lets assume there are a list of players, that are avalible for the NPC service.]
In the case of option 1; one cna basically ask anyone that is listed, to use any of their pre-made characters, to act as a NPC in a specific situation in any RP. Off course the player have to agree to do this, and the situation have to be explained.
- One can 'hire' a player, to play a pre-made character that any one have made from before.
- One can 'hire' a player to play a character that is made for a spesific situation in a spesific RP. Example: Arena opponents, Temporary enemies, random pedestrians of importance.
- One can also make it so that a player, can make a shit-load of characters, and have then linked. And a player, can borrow one of said characters, to play them in a RP for a limited time.
In the case of option 2; one will state what role the char will have, and make a mini bio, if not a complete one, that is made for the desired role.
- One asks Hera, to play his character Felldoh as an arena opponent.
If so, they must decide who will win if that has any relevance to the storyline that the 'renter' has in mind. Unless it should be battled out as normal.
In this case, Hera decides if he feels his carter is up for it. Or not. this is a decision for the char owner to decide if he feels the character would do as asked in any case.
Like it would not make sense, to ask a pacifist to be an arena opponent.
This can be anything. But often one could assume; Specific enemies, temporary sidekicks/partners, unique merchants, Leaders of random armies. Etc.
In the case of option 3; Lets now assume my list for the sake of argument.
- One asks the listed players to play "this" character. The character has to be linked, or posted in that post. And explain the relevance he has to anything. It also have to be explain how he will enter, and leave, if that is of any relevance. In specific cases, the "Entry" might be rather important.
In this case, any random player might take on the role of said NPC. More like the first one to read it, can choose to take on the role, or not.
This list, have the same characters as displayed in my Hall of Heroes topic, it is just simpler to look through.
In any of these cases. There might have to be a 'NPC service' where the players that are willing are listed. And the characters avalible for option 3 are listed. As they might be made to a lower level of detail, then normal.
- In this case, the 'renter' chooses a character, and asks the owner of it in a topic, if it is ok to use that char for [insert NPC job here].
In this case, the 'renter' have to poste one, or several, examples on how they would play said character, to show the owner that they would indeed play out the character according to the personality stated, and not change it.
This is important, since the maker of a character ,might have put in a lot of thought into this, and if the character is original, then the owner sorta has an unofficial copyright over said char.
This is what I have for now.
Hera: Feel free to post up anything if I missed, or misunderstood your part of the idea.