Top 10 favourite songs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think my list is now almost all Fleetwood Mac / Stevie Nicks songs >< It'll probably change again in a few months, but at the moment, these are my favourite songs -

1) Rhiannon (Live 1976) - Fleetwood Mac - My favourite version of Rhiannon! For me, it's the best version out there, as Stevie sounds fantastic and gives her best vocal performance of this song here. Rhiannon's my favourite song in general, and I have a crapload of different versions, but the 1976 live one is the best.

2) Gold Dust Woman - Fleetwood Mac - This song is, in my opinion, the perfect way to close the Rumours album, it's an angry and eerie song, and it shows off both Stevie's voice and songwriting.

3) Silver Springs - Fleetwood Mac - One of the most emotional songs ever. It's one of the best songs they've ever done, and it's one of the rare songs I'll never skip. It's so powerful, and so haunting, it's just one of those songs that is supposed to listened to.

4) Sisters of the Moon - Fleetwood Mac - The best song on the Tusk album, in my opinion. The live version where both Stevie and Lindsey sing, where Stevie starts singing in tongues has really made me appreciate it more, it's a powerful song with a creep opening, and then a powerful vocal throughout.

5) Edge of Seventeen - Stevie Nicks - I'd say this is her most iconic song, from the signature guitar riff, to the powerful vocals. As a solo artist, it's one of the best rock songs she's ever done.

6) Beauty and The Beast - Stevie Nicks - Like Silver Springs, it's a really emotional song, the lyrics to this song are what make it one of my favourites, it's a really beautifully written song.

7) Talk To Me - Stevie Nicks - It wasn't written by her, but she delivers a killer vocal on the song, it's got a great chorus and the backing music is fantastic.

8) Fireflies (Live 1980) - Fleetwood Mac - One of my favourite live songs ever, and if I didn't know it was live, I would have thought it was a studio song. Really powerful vocals in this song, as well as some great harmony work. Fantastic chorus too.

9) Gypsy - Fleetwood Mac - The only good Stevie song on the Mirage album. The fantastic music video for the song has made me appreciate it a whole lot more. One of the last good songs before her voice started going really downhill.

10) The Chain - Fleetwood Mac - One of their most famous songs, I'd say. Really shows off the vocals of all three band members, with Lindsey and Stevie doing the most singing, but Christine providing some very clever harmony work. Lindsey and Stevie have really amazing harmonies on this song, and it has that amazing guitar solo, it's the only track that all five members wrote together, and it's one of the best and most memorable ones.

My Top 10 Fav's at this time (which change pretty frequently)...

10. Same - J
9. Poker Face - Lady GaGa
8. Melan Oss Tva - Basshunter
7. Vicarious - Tool
6. Irony - Wonder Girls
5. Requiem for a Dream (Lux Aeterna) - Clint Mansell
4. Re-Education (Through Labor) - Rise Against
3. Midnight Romance (Acoustic) - A Kiss Could Be Deadly
2. Play Dead - Bjork
1. We Looked Like Giants - Death Cab for Cutie

I recommend that everyone check out the band A Kiss Could Be Deadly. You can find them on Myspace here: http://www.myspace.com/AKISSCOULDBEDEADLY. They're from Riverside, California and the lead singer can really belt out. Unfortunately they don't have my current fave by them up on their MySpace but another great song by them is titled "I wrong you a Love Song". If you're gonna check them out, listen to that one.

My favorites change pretty often. I'll probably be posting here a lot...
:funnyface:

(1. Soulja - Kokoniiruyo
(2. Soulja Boy - Kiss me thru the phone
(3. Emi - Anima Libera
(4. T.I. - Whatever you like
(5. Snoop Dogg - Drop it like it's hot
(6. Fan Wei Qi and Angela Zhang - Ru Guo De Shi
(7. Eminem - When I'm gone
(8. 2 Live Crew - Me so horny
(9. Avenue D - Backseat bushwack
(10. Sean Kingston - I'm at war.

My top ten list changes a lot, but the top three were the most solid ones I think.
I actually strongly suggest to check out Kokoniiruyo, that has to be one of the best Japanese pop songs in history.

Can people start stating why they like the songs? Saying that you like a song only is considered as spam and easy posting, so otherwise they'll be deleted. Take Stevie Nicks' post for example. Describe the song, say how it makes you feel, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back