Bambi

Dark Knight
Veteran
Gil
FFXIV
Bambi Branford
FFXIV Server
Lamia
How long is this game on average? I'm not all that far in really and it's just painful to play. How long does it normally take to complete with out any unnecessary faffing about?

Oh good, I think I'l crack on with it later then, no doubt it'l take me longer though >_< I think I've already clocked up about 10 hours and I've not even got that far :wacky:

its about 50 hours, including finding friends, collecting all the espers, training, and climbing Kefka's tower.

It took me 46 hours in the end although I didn't get every esper mind, and Id say I wasted a good few hours leaving my control pad attended, it sure as hell took me long enough though >_<

Oh gawd. Okay I wanted to play VI too coz' everyone kept saying it was really good. So I played it last year and got more than 7 hours into the game (probably close to 10). I know I just barely met Edge too, and I spent a lot of time training.

Saved the game and everything...few months later (after leaving the game untouched) I finally decided to pick up where I left off...but my file won't load! >.> It really ticked me off coz' I really don't wanna start all over again. =/ (Now I made sure to buy a PSX memory card that is strictly by SONY).

I know that the game isn't that long, but gee...restarting it would be a pain. >.>

Probably 17 hours to finish it without finding the dudes and those stuff, and like 45 hours to complete it all with everything.

Mitsuki said:
Oh gawd. Okay I wanted to play VI too coz' everyone kept saying it was really good. So I played it last year and got more than 7 hours into the game (probably close to 10). I know I just barely met Edge too, and I spent a lot of time training.

Edge? He's in FFIV though...>_> Did you mean Shadow, FFVI's resident badass ninja?

Anyways, when I played through the SNES version of FFVI, my time was maxed out to 99 hours...Of course, it was my first real RPG experience...and I also left it on unattended myself quite a few times for sandwich making & restroom breaks...And I wasn't even stat spamming Espers back then...:P

I often break the timer on these games. I sometimes find myself just travelling around the world for the heck of it, especially when I've left a game for a few motnhs and want tog et back into it.

It took me 38 hours to beat the game, beat Dragon's Den, beat Soul Shrine, and have 8 characters above lvl 75, including two at lvl 99. All espers found, all sidequests done, all characters found. I finished it a couple hours ago.

The first time I played through, I think I put about 70 hours into the game when i beat it. Thats just beating it. If you don't know where to go, it can take a long time to explore everything.

I've recently finished it - spending about 45 hours on it, doing all the side-quests. I used a walkthrough to tell me what the side-quests actually were, because I'm not sure I would have found all of them otherwise. I think my characters were around level 55-ish when I finished. I estimated that it would take about 25 hours to complete just the story.

Found the game surprising long & deep considering its age, i was expecting playing it to be a struggle. Definately my favourite FF from the days before it went 3D.

Yes a very long game, with a lot of Secrets/Espers and challenges.
First Final Fantasy i finished 100%
its an awesome game, but the GBA version is much better, its more challenging, more Espers, Bosses, Dungeons and a LOT of weapons. Making it much more long and good.

I might start that game again once i Finish IX :)

Last edited:

Saved the game and everything...few months later (after leaving the game untouched) I finally decided to pick up where I left off...but my file won't load! >.> It really ticked me off coz' I really don't wanna start all over again. =/ (Now I made sure to buy a PSX memory card that is strictly by SONY).

I know that the game isn't that long, but gee...restarting it would be a pain. >.>

Ive started this game over so many times. But not due to glitches. Just Replaying it, get really far, put it down for a while, then just start over. I just love the beginning of the game, its not so hard once you know it haha.

Back