Japanese Songs Recommendation

Kanpeki gu~no ne by Watarirouka Hashiritai
I have no idea why, but I find this song amusing. Maybe because of the cute girls or maybe because of their stupid dance. Anyway, I heard this song from the anime Fairy Tail. I heard that these girls are also a part of the super massive girl group AKB48.

Kalafina - ARIA (Kara no Kyoukai OST)

Kara no Kyoukai is an amazing anime movie series with an even more amazing OST.

Reactions: Kei
Its kind of unfortunate that when people think Jpop, they mainly think anime themes. Or they like V-Kei, which some of it is ok, but the genre is more about flash than music (no offense! I like some). I'd like to bring more attention to lesser known bands. But I also dont want to flood this this thread thread with one huge post so I hope others will post in this thread more~

This is SAWA. She has been around for a bit, but I just started listening to her recently. If you like J-Electro, you should check her out.
I really think this PV fits the song. Its so flashy and pretty, you need to listen to it in a slightly dark room loud. Watch in HD if you can. Enjoy~

EDIT: I can't seem to get the youtube embed to work. I can't see it at least. SO here's the link. Sorry.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEy5108VIHo

Last edited by a moderator:
My favorite artist of all time is Utada Hikaru. She is taking a break from music and it makes me sad, but I understand. However before she did so she released a new album that contained a bunch of her hit singles but five new songs as well. There are two songs on there that stick out to me the most. One is called "Goodbye Happiness" and the music video is great, it really simulates this generation.

I also love "Can't Wait Til Christmas." The slow, sweet melody really does give me a feeling of warmth as if I'm waiting for Christmas. And since I can't find the whole song on youtube, I'll have to settle for the commercial.

And this song is a little older, it's called "Last Love Letter" by Chatmonchy. They are a 3 girl rock band with great and unique sound.

Aqua Timez - Sen no yoru wo koete
This song is really touchy and its also the ending song of one of my fav animes. Aqua Timez is an really famous JRock band in Japan.
Dont cry while u listen this xP

Aqua Timez - Rainbow
I love JRock and Aqua Timez is one of my fav Bands
and this is one of my fav songs of them, its an calm and elaxed song. i never get enough of it x3

Kanpeki gu~no ne by Watarirouka Hashiritai
I have no idea why, but I find this song amusing. Maybe because of the cute girls or maybe because of their stupid dance. Anyway, I heard this song from the anime Fairy Tail. I heard that these girls are also a part of the super massive girl group AKB48.

Oh god i was drinking when i watched this clip and neally choked on it! lol i think they were tryna lip sync cos their mouths didnt match the lyrics lol.

Anyways here's a list of songs from my favorate VK band that i reckon you guys'll like. I'd embed vids but i have to get to bed real soon so i'll just post the song names :)

Vinushka
Saku
The Final
Obscure
Hageshisa To, Kono Mune No Naka De Karamitsuita Shakunetsu No Yami
Dozing green
Okura no uka

All by Dir en grey.

just to name a few.

Also check out GazettE if you're into Glamrock.

My favorite artist of all time is Utada Hikaru.
Yeah, she is one of my favourite artists too. My favourite song from Utada is Beautiful World.
As for me, my favourite Japanese Band is L'Arc~en~ciel and my favourite song from them is All Dead.

The Ano Natsu de Matteru OP, Sign by Ray

It's really catchy and I enjoy it quite a bit.

The Gurren Lagann OP, Sorairo Days by Shoko Nakagawa

Just another catchy one that I enjoy listening to :wacky:

Last edited:
Currently listening to Fantastic Children music. I'd like to share a few.

Really love how the cello sounds.

Helga's theme

Voyage (cello version)

For those familiar with the anime Fantastic Children...this particular song haunted me for weeks after seeing the anime's ending. Really fit the emotional aspect of the entire plot and how everything unfolds, which left a lot of viewers emotionally shocked and maaaybe even upset and annoyed. It was certainly mixed emotions for me. :hmmm:

I wanna watch this anime again. It's been about 6 or 7 years since I last saw this.

Cello and Piano

Same anime, this one's from Origa. (I love her voice).

Last edited:
Reactions: Kei
phantasmagoria always gets me.. i dig their style.. too bad they aren't around anymore...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8J7Vc9TeNI&feature=related

Phantasmagoria arent around anymore but the band Lin has Kisaki and I believe the vocalist Riku (if Im remembering the same members from Phantasmagoria)

Here is one of their songs. They arent bad
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kq3q8TvIGsg&feature=related

Ive been listeing to a band called The Sketchbook though recently
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeiF8oDt3jk&feature=relmfu

BUMP OF CHICKEN - karma

Awesome song! Like most bands, BOC is just amazing. Both their lyrics and music. Also, if you translate their songs, you'll notice that it's very encouraging. Kinda reminds me of Aqua Timez and AKFG. Very popular band in Japan. You'll notice some high school students (mostly guys) from school music clubs (keion-bu) play it a lot. Cool band, cool song, 'nuff said! :D

It's not exactly the same, but I'll be starting up my Jrock thread again very shortly.

I thought I'd share a really good and catchy j-rock song from my favorite band, Scandal. They have previously made two intros to Bleach, Shojo S and Harukaze.

This however is the title song of their newest album, Queens are Trumps. Some random video compilation of the girls..

Hikari e (ヒカリへ) by miwa

One of my favorite songs by miwa. She's so cute and her songs also kind of remind me of YUI's yet still sounds original. Here's a live version. Enjoy :D

Back