Japanese Songs Recommendation

i hate japanese visual bands/singers, and most japanese music sound too 'funky' to me, so now i listen to just five japanese artists:

Shiina Ringo (I love her the most, so hard to pick out just four songs)
- Okonomide you just have to love it.
- Gamble a sad song that makes me wanna cry every time
- Ishiki very Jouou feeling
- Toki ga Bousou Suru the lyrics just mean so much.

Tokyo Jihen (Ringo is their vocalist)
- Ramp is really great
- Toumei Ningen the intro is so exciting
- Kaban no Nakami has got a great lyrics
- Kingyo no Hako I can repeat it like no end

Anna Tsuchiya (I used to love her so much but, recently she has become too 'pop'. Now I only listen to her old songs.)
- I just can't get enough is addictive
- Rose is a long time ago but still thrilling
- True Color Anna's cover
- Anarchy in the U.K. Anna's cover

Utada Hikaru (yeah this is lame i know, but she is, undeniably the one of the best j-pop singers/composers out there)
- Beautiful World this song is so KH LOL
- Heart Station addictive music!
- Niji Iro Basu so lay-back
- Stay Gold soft and nice.

Ai Otsuka (Used to listen to her longt time ago. She is cute, but too cute for me now)
- Kuroge Wagyu Shio Tanyaki 680 Yen you should see the PV!
- Chu-lip See The PV!!!
- Planetarium I'm out of discriptive words..
- Friends yeah I know you know.

It hurts me so much to see there's only two people mentioned shiina ringo and tokyo jihen back there!! I never know that someone could be so talented until i met her. She sings in a way that no one could, and her music is simply fascinating, she represents everything. What's more, she sings well in live. Utada can't do live. Ai is too cute to do live. Anna does live pretty well too, but she has become too pop these day to sing her old songs live.

This is what i was talking about. LOL.
Ai Otsuka - Kuroge Wagyu Shio Tanyaki 680 Yen

Anna is so so so pretty in this!
Anna Tsuchiya - Bubble Trip

This song is so so so cute i want to share with everyone!!
Shiina Ringo - Ringo no Uta

This is the live version of Toumei Ningen from Tokyo Jihen

This is said to be Ringo's virgin piece - Mikan no Kawa.
This is an awfully short one - but I really love it.
The lyrics meaning:
Mandarin fruit's skin
Mandarin fruit's skinwhen i eat mandarin fruit i throw it's skin on people's face

Last edited:
Anime: Texchnolyze

Artist: Juno Reactor

Song: Guardian Angel

I simply love this song! It's very fast paced and kind of makes me think it should be in a racing car anime or something like Initial D.

The only real lyrics are:

'If there's anything you want, anything at all...come to me.
I'll be your guardian angel.'

His voice is really cool though. XD

---

Anime: Witch Hunter Robin

Artist: Bana

Song: Shell

I really like this song. I just like how it sounds, even if I can't understand what she's saying. XD

---

Artist: Utada Hikaru

Song: Passion

This song truly had a magical feel too it. It really suited Kingdom Hearts II beautifully. It's so sad and yet hopeful at the same time, like it's getting ready for another chapter.

I simply love her voice. <3

---

Artist: BoA

Song: No. 1

I love this song. It's so cute and upbeat and BoA is simply adorable. <3

Very lovely voice and lovely lyrics.

Last edited:
To be honest i have a lot of favourite bands and i thought i would just share all of them. Well some of them :)

Arashi

I adore arashi and some of there songs are really beautiful and there is a lot of japanese dramas in which there songs are featured and it just seems to suit the moods completely to the point now when i hear those songs again, i see the scenes from the dramas running through my mind...such as the following

BEAUTIFUL DAYS
LOVE SO SWEET
SIRIUS
KOE
LIFE GOES ON
YOUR SONG

Kat Tun

Another of my favourite bands. kattun are brilliant and amazing artists and actors, i have seen so many dramas with them in it, actually before i realised they was a band and thought they was brilliant as the actors so decided to research them. That was when i noticed they was singers, i brought a cd off the internet and fell in love with a lot of there songs expecially bokura no machi de and rush of light. The instrumental is just gorgeous and sooths me completely and with the lyrics it really does some to life. some songs to check out which i really love are.

SIGNAL
BOKURA NO MACHI DE
KEEP THE FAITH
DONT YOU EVER STOP
WHITE XMAS
GOLD
RHODESIA
RUSH OF LIGHT
PRECIOUS ONE

Gackt

a bit of a different artist and i think most people here will recognise him as writing and singing redemption for ffvii derge of cerberus and i think everyone will say that song truely suited the whole game. Other than that there is some more amazing songs. There is a song i cannot remember the name completely but i think it was winter or something similar to that but that song was truely was caused me to love some of his songs. Some of his songs are brilliant but some of them are kind of strange lol. but i love his songs anyway.

MIZERABLE
MIRROR
SECRET GARDEN
LAST SONG
REDEMPTION
FLOWER

Just to name a few of my favourites but i have loads more

Last edited:
I was listening to Hajimare no Kaze and I was yet again blown away by this beautiful song. Here is a live performance from Ayaka Hirara...it's a little faster than the original but still excellent.

I also recommend Every Heart by BoA. I've heard of this song a few years ago before I started watching Inuyasha, but now I'm reminded of it once more since I just finished watching an episode and the song came up. Beautiful and heartfelt. I love the way the lyrics are sung in a way that really makes you stop what you're doing to take a moment and just listen and take it all in.

minzhi said:
- Heart Station addictive music!

I listened to it on youtube...gotta say, I'm loving it! Utada is really something else.

Started to listen to Japanese music after playing DoC. Got hooked straight away with Gackt and listen to him on a regular basis. However, I only have just the one ablum and that is the Redemption album. Wanted to get some more but I am having some trouble in getting them. Any ideas where I can get some??

Well there's some Gackt stuff on eBay, and on www.cdjapan.co.jp
there's also www.yesasia.com
The import sites are pretty expensive though, and if you're going to spend money on one of his albums I'd recommend 'Mars' or 'Crescent'.
His new one, Re:Born is quite good too. I hate to say it but I listen to most of my Gackt music on the internet, I own 4 of his albums but they're too expensive for me to constantly import to the UK.

Thinking of Japanese music, I'd recommend Miyavi (my favourite song being Jibun Kakumei). He's fantastic :D

ok.let's see...:D I would recomand:
Rururtia almost all her songs-Arabesque,Selenite[from Karas],Opus,Last Day,Seirios,Primary,Void...
Rie Tanaka-fields of hope[Gundam Seed]
Rie Fu-Life is like a boat[Bleach]
Kanon wakeshima-still Doll[Vampire Knight]

Alrighty! Here's a few!

Stigmata - Rentrer en Soi
PROTOPLASM - Rentrer en Soi
Rainbows - Alice Nine
Waterfall - Alice Nine
Seventh Heaven - L'arc en Ciel
Filth in Beauty - The GazettE
Agony - The GazettE
Luna - Gackt
Blackout - Asian Kung-Fu Generation

They are ALL Jrock bands. Hope you enjoy!

Favourite Japanese songs?

Hirano Aya (Haruhi Suzumiya) - God Knows
FLOW - COLORS (Jibun woooooooooooooooooo~! Code Geass OP1)
ALI Project - Waga Routashi Aku No Hana (Code Geass ED4)
Masayoshi Minoshima ft. nomico - Bad Apple!! ("There's this song that's really popular in Japan called 'Bad Apple', and it had a video with it, it's been number one for weeks and weeks etc. etc." -CNN; srsly, learn2news!)
Chiaki Ishikawa - Uninstall (Bokurano OP)
Kawada Mami - masterpiece (Index OP2; my favourite OP of all time)

And of course, Hatsune Miku, the Vocaloid, who doesn't exist and has a voice that is synthesized by a computer, but that nonetheless has some very nice songs:
Hatsune Miku - Love is War (Koi wa Sensou), World is Mine, Black Rock Shooter, others

I could post more, but I'm too lazy. These songs really should be checked out.

I guess I can post some...

Spread My Wings:

Composer: Yoshitaka Hirota
Lyrics/Vocal: Takehara Tomoaki
Violin: Akihisa Tsuboy
Guitar: Yoshiaki Watanuki
Bass: Yoshitaka Hirota
Drums: Katsuya Takahashi
Percussion: Genta Kudoh

Free Will - One Piece Ending
The final One Piece Ending
Share the World - TVXQ
Kimi Ga Iru Gara - Sayuri Sugawara

And the Japanese KH songs.

Uhhh... I got lots! xD
Okay, I'll give a few every single posts. So, here they are...
Vocaloid songs:
Nebula by Miku Hatsune (Kick ass HD video)
Just Be Friends by Luka Megurine (sad song T.T)
World Is Mine by Miku Hatsune (funny video and lyrics)
K-On songs:
My Love Is A Stapler - One of my personal favorites
Fuwa Fuwa Time, Don't Say Lazy and Cagayake Girls - If you love the anime, it's impossible to hate these songs xD
L'arc~en~Ciel songs:
Ready, Steady, Go! (from Fullmetal Alchemist)
4th Avenue Cafe (from Rurouni Kenshin/Samurai X)
YUI songs:
I'll be (cute song ^^)
Again (from Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood)
SCANDAL songs:
Shunkan Sentimental (from Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood)
Doll - personal favorite xD
Shoujo S (Bleach OP)

Best anime OP ever.

Also since I'm still at Higurashi I'll post this too.

Double Lariat by Luka Megurine (Vocaloid)
The tune is pretty catchy. The lyrics is awesome. It's a song about a girl (Luka) who enjoys spinning and even though someone's better than her, she never gave up. Funny video too xD

Triangle by Mami Kawada
This one's from Shakugan no Shana 2. Gotta love the anime AND the artist. Mami's songs are catchy and her voice is just OH SO beautiful. Enjoy! ^_^

Anything by Gackt, that's the only Jap band I can remember at the moment
they have some awesome songs, like REDEMPTION

Sobakasu by Judy and Mary
This song's from Rurouni Kenshin/Samurai X (first opening theme song). One of the first anime that I've ever seen. I still love this song after all those years. Good old classics... Long live Judy and Mary! (Even though they already disbanded :()

Best anime OP ever.

The correct title of that is ひぐらしのなく頃に by 島みやえい子 (Eiko Shimamaya) I agree it's incredible.

I've been hooked onto Akiko Yano recently (矢野顕子) especially the song 夢のヒヨコ.

Akiko's music is sweet, simple, happy and mostly about love. It can really brighten up my mood. She's lovely ^_^

Sobakasu by Judy and Mary
This song's from Rurouni Kenshin/Samurai X (first opening theme song). One of the first anime that I've ever seen. I still love this song after all those years. Good old classics... Long live Judy and Mary! (Even though they already disbanded :()

Good choice (y) J&M are brilliant. did you know their singer Yuki is now a solo artist now? she's got some nice songs out, not as rocking but a good listen:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xd4f47__school

Another good band with a female singer is Every Little Thing. More j-pop than J&M though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MT6sjbGnRTs&feature=related

Galneryus... Japanese power metal ftw!

Their live versions are better than their studio in my opinion \M/

Also

Last edited:
Back