Waga Routashi Aku no hana -Ali Project

Last edited:
I might as well contribute by posting my favorites:

Ai Otsuka - Planetarium
Kick the Can Crew - Sayonara Sayonara
Ai Otsuka - Sakuranbo
Utada Hikaru - First Love
Yousei Teikoku - Stigma

I would also strongly suggest to listen to Inishie No Tsuki by Katakiri Rekka, it can't be described by words, other than wow<3 However it is a song made specially for a Japanese exclusive game. And is impossible to find anywhere on the web, except maybe one or two songs on YouTube.

Last edited:
Nujabes!!!

His music is unbelievable. There aren't really words that can describe the feelings you get while listening to it.

Utada Hikaru-Passion/Simple and Clean
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon(Live Action Series!)-"Origin of the Legend", "Imitation", "Don't Lose! Christmas Girl", "Love Versus Dream", "Happily", "Secret!", "Orange Heart", "White Rendezvous", and "Make Up! Power!!"

Well, here's a few songs that come to mind:

Namida no Niji - Aya Ueto
Pray - Houko Kuwashima
Shiawase Neiro - Orange Range
Time Capsule - Tamami (I Think....)
Wings of Light -Noriyuki Iwadare
88 - LMC
Action! - Maaya Sakamoto
ALIVE - Momota Kayoko
Arigatou - Bon'z
Asu no Egao no Tameni - Matsuzawa Yumi
Believe in Heaven - Shinichirou Miki
Memories of You - Shoji Meguro (He doesn't sing it)
Never More - Shoji Meguro (Same as above)
Panorama - Masaaki Endou

That's all I can think of right now.

YUI - again
Stereophony - Namida No Mukou
Tamaki Nami - IDentity
Ikimono Gakari - Hotaru no Hikari

I think those are spiffy

Bleach Beat collection. "This light I see" "We" "Our world" and others. The bleach beat collection is very good. Also The songs from Star Ocean Ex are awesome.

One of my favorite Japanese songs is "Let me be with you" by K-Taro Takanami. I'm not 100% if that is the artist's name, but it is one of my best songs and I highly recommended it.

Bleach beat collection Crush the world down. I love this song its just so evil and cool! Ring a bell Japanese version by Bonnie Pink is a beautiful song! Bleach beat collection Kyogasugietsu

Here's a list of some more songs I kind of liked:

Honto no Jibun - Buono!
Michishirube - Keita Tachibana
Zips - T.M. Revolution
Word of the Voice - Flow
Colors - Flow
Over the Fantasy - Kana Ueda
Masquerade - Hitomi(?)
Kokoro - SS501
Himitsu Kichi - Takada Kozue
Suicides Love Story - Nana Kitade
Kokoro no Tamago - Buono!

If I posted some of these already, then I apologize.

Last edited:
i really know only artists from animes or by AMVs.

Again by YUI. ( FMA: brotherhood opening)
Ash like snow by the brilliant green( gundam 00)
friends by stephanie ( gundam 00)
DBSK ( i know they are korean but they do sing in japanese from time to time)
l'arc-en-ciel ( many of fullmetal themes, and gundam 00)
FLOW( code geass, naruto,etc.)
tackey and tsubasa from johnny and associates.
Uverworld.
terra

actually can u guys give me a recommendation. my fav. group at the moment would be a korean rap group called Epik high. they vary in style.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6LY0d_ek3o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qiEiuiBus8

are there any japanese artists with a similar style?

<Ashita Ga Kurunara> - JUJU with JAY'ED

I think this was the theme song of a certain Japanese movie, not too sure, but this song's definitely one of the better non-anime J-Pop songs I've ever heard. Worth listening.

<Why> - Ayaka

Those who played Crisis Core, and completed it, should know this song. It's the ending song played at the final part of the game. I thought it fit the mood in the ending perfectly, and thereafter, I couldn't forget the song, so it's here.

And... The Anime ones.

<Rolling Star> - Yui

The guitar playing in this song is really catchy, and unforgettable. Also, it's tune and upbeat rhythm should be able to get most hooked on the song. Once again, another piece worth the time to check out.

<Aoi Hana> - Colour Bottle

I'm not too sure what genre this would be.. J-Pop? It's also another anime theme. This one has more focus on the lead singer's voice... And I thought his voice is rather impressive. Makes you want to sing along... (Except I can't reach his pitch, and I can't speak Japanese... Though I picked up some thanks to this song)

Alright. There are an almost never ending list that follows when it comes to anime music. Considering the fact it's constantly growing, there will be more tunes being added into this list, or rather, there may be more added to Your list.

So. If you intend to search for more Japanese songs other than those aforementioned, I suggest watching more animes.

Of course I'm going to recommend Ayumi Hamasaki. She's beautiful. I love her music. She makes her own remixes though a lot of others enjoy remixing her music as well. I just love her ;3

This is not one of Ayu's original remixes but it is good (I can't find the original...)
Ayumi Hamasaki - Evolution

Shiina Ringo! OMG do I love Shiina. Her music is very rebellous. She's aggressive in her writing and says how she feels. Her voice is definitely different. I appreciate her music a lot.

This song is an original. It is a song about religion. The title in English is religion.
Shiina Ringo - Shuukyou

Last edited:
Run to the Light -Star Ocean EX-. I love this song. Probably one of my favorite songs ever. Its the opening of the anime Star Ocean EX. Its a great song and I reccomend it. Run to the Light!

Can only think of two at the moment.

Go Ahead! - Hikaru Midorikawa
Sleepless Beauty - Forgot who sang it, but it's from the anime Gravitation.

They're both pretty good, but for Sleepless Beauty, I think the ballad version sounds a little better. The other version sounds a little weird in some parts, but it's still good.

Ao Iconoclast Blazblue. Oh I just really love this song. The lyrics are fun to sing and all that. It is really one of those great japanese songs. Its not the best but its good and I recommend it. Iconoclast!

I have some recommendations! I am a big Miyavi and Gackt fan right now, so a lot of those two.

Gackt -
White Eyes
Lust For Blood
Black Stone
Lu:na
Redemption
Longing
Mizerable
Noesis

Vanilla*

Some of his stuff is heavier than his other songs. There are so many that are good, but I am keeping the list short, repectively. He has too many good songs to list them all.

*There's also Vanilla, but that song's kind of dirty, so just a warning.

And I also like Malice Mizer's Illumiati.

Miyavi
-
Coo Quack Cluck
Freedom Fighters
Saisaisaianara Byebyebye
Koha Pusshuhon
Neo Visualizm
Tariraritarara
Are You Ready To Rock*
Boom-hah-Boom-hah-hah
Coin Lockers Baby
Kabuki Boiz
Jibun Kakumei
What a Wonderful World
Rock'n Roll is Not Dead
Rumor
Selfish Love

Miyavi is amazing. None of his songs sound the same. I never get bored. And he is an amazing guitarist. Absolutely amazing. Some of his songs are very Pop sounding, others feel like Hip-Hop or R&B, most are Rock. A couple of the rock songs have a strange feel and effects added to them. Almost sounds like a Japanese Marilyn Manson. Rock'n Roll is Not Dead is my favorite of his weird rock-stuff. Miyavi's music fits nearly all moods and likes.

*This song is acoustic guitar (which he again plays amazingly), but he sings kind of tough-like, but the guitar in it is so amazing!! Have to listen to it.

Matenrou Opera
-
Faust
Dolce
Aklaloid Showcase
Ruriiro de Egaku Niji
Eternal Symphony
Anomie
Honey Drop

They have a lot of good songs, they are kind of metal-sounding, pretty heavy, but with violins and organs and stuff. The singer kind of reminds me of Gackt, but like he's gone insane. Metal-ly Gackt sounding.

D'espairsRay -
Mirror

Someone else mentioned, Born, which is also good. I think I like Mirror better, though. Haven't decided yet. Both songs are good.

Phantasmagoria -
Mikansei to Guilt
Never Rebellion

Their music is just different. They have organs and stuff, too, but I don't think they are as heavy as Matenrou Opera.

This thread is nice, glad I found it. I need to expand my list of Japanese music.

Hope my list helped somebody.

Back