Most Overlooked Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ordinarily I would have picked IX, because it IS overlooked and underrated....but I think Tactics deserves this. It came out just a few months after VII, which completely over-shadowed it. Very few people had played it since then, the UK didn't even get the PSone version, and it's just now getting exposure thanks to the PSP release.

I'd say Tactics as well. Since it's not 'numbered' most people tend to dismiss it as a cheap rip-off, but I'm willing to say it's one of the best FF's Square has had to offer. It has a compelling storyline, great cast of characters, and excellent playability.

Definitely Tactics. I didn't appreciate how people put it down at first and I'm ashamed to say I used to be one of them. But I came to my senses and now, I can say I love this game. It is, however, quite overlooked and must have a wider audience. Hopefully, WotL changes all of that.

Final Fantasy Tactics, really. As earlier stated, it came out a bit after FFVII, completely unbeknownst to most.

Hell, I actually got the game for my 14th birthday, and didn't even pay it any attention 'til three years later. It's probably my favourite FF game, though I don't say it a lot. I'm usually saying that Crisis Core is my favourite final fantasy, but that's just because it's up to date with graphics, moosic, and other shit. Tactics is far superior :elmo:

I do think IX is overlooked a bit as well, but not nearly as much as Final Fantasy Tactics was.

so ya, my vote goes to tactics kthx :neomon:

Was going to vote for XII but I can't be like that for every vote. Whoever did vote XII, thanks muchly.

Voted VIII in the end. Look past the shoddy main cast who have boring backgrounds, and you have yourself one hell of an awesome game.

Everyone loves IX D:

FFXI however needs more love.

Was going to vote for XII but I can't be like that for every vote. Whoever did vote XII, thanks muchly.

Voted VIII in the end. Look past the shoddy main cast who have boring backgrounds, and you have yourself one hell of an awesome game.

And the shitty story, shitty junction system and shitty battle system.

Last edited:
Everyone loves IX D:

Not true, there's still plenty of faggots who hate it because the characters don't look realistic.

And the shitty story, shitty junction system and shitty battle system.

Don't forget the shitty weapon system and the shitty spell system. Having to draw spells from enemies is a real hassle...but that kinda ties into the junction system too. Everything does, even the damn summons -__-

There's a reason why the game doesn't have a large fanbase, despite having a realistic style like in VII.

Not true, there's still plenty of faggots who hate it because the characters don't look realistic.

Yeh, I'm one of them :wacky:. Just couldn't get over the cartoons, lol.

Anyway, I voted VIII. I think most people just compared it to VII when it first came out (as is true with later FF installments), and threw it into the "It sucks" bin.

VIII is fantastic in almost every aspect. Depending on the day, I could even list 8 as my favourite of the series. (It's always a toss up between 7, 8, 10 and 12 :P)

It definitely deserves more than "FFVII was better by far!"

FF 9 was definitely the most underrated and unappreciated FF.

I find that sad actually. It was my second favorite. I enjoyed playing Tetra Master. >_<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back