Nintendo The Legend of Zelda

Actually, I stayed away from Majora's Mask because of the time limit I heard of.

There isn't a time limit. You can either travel back to the start of the three days and later on can slow down time as well. The only annoying thing is items like arrows etc are lost when you go back but you can save you money in the main town.

I thought that MM was very well done personally, only thing that really bugged me was that extra quest that wedding one that I believe spanned all three days and was really easy to screwup.

yeah that sucked because all you got was a mask but fierce deity was worth it

For some reason, I find "LOZ: Link to the Past" even harder than "Ocarina of Time", or is it just me?

I can agree with that. There may be a few parts of Ocarina of Time I found more difficult than anything in Link to the Past (obtaining the Biggoran Sword, for example), but overall, Link to the Past might edge Ocarina of Time in difficulty.

Oh, LttP was definately hard. I had lots of problem with the dungeons, like that ice temple in the middle of Lake Hylia (or whatever it was called then). But that was the PERFECT Zelda game, imo. The games after Wind Waker got a little too easy, especially that horrid Four Swords Adventure. The only thing good about that was the multi-player.

Four Swords? Never heard of that game. What is it?

(I know what it is, but would rather pretend it doesn't exist.)

Yeah, poopy game right there. I agree that all the Zelda games since Wind Waker have been a little disappointing. Good games--don't get me wrong. Just not...as good.

Yes, every new Zelda game pales in comparison to their predecessors such as "Link to the Past" and "Ocarina of Time".

Wind Waker wasn't that bad, the only thing annoying was traveling for extensive hours across the damn ocean seeking the pieces of the Triforce :wink:

Four Swords: Shouldn't even be a game, but somehow a bonus feature....not good enough.

Twilight Princess had astonishing graphics, and it was great playing it in Wii. Still I find it somewhat lacking the essence that made "Ocarina of Time" one of the best games of all times. First, the overall difficulty is not even a challenge, it lacked those tiresome (but entertaining) side-quests like the ones in Ocarina of Time (Bigoron Sword :P). Second the bosses weren't that hard at all, specially the Final Boss (and I was also hoping to fight more challenging bosses :mad2:). The Final Battle was easy, specially the battle against
boar/beast Ganon, and the battle against possessed Zelda

I love the game, though still Twilight Princess is third in my list of Top Zelda games, first being of course "Ocarina of Time", and second being "Link to the Past".

On a side note: Ganon in Twilight Princess looks damn cool. His sword looks even cooler than the Master Sword :P

Still need to get round to getting seriously into TW. It's not exactly gripping me.

I can agree with that. There may be a few parts of Ocarina of Time I found more difficult than anything in Link to the Past (obtaining the Biggoran Sword, for example), but overall, Link to the Past might edge Ocarina of Time in difficulty.

LTTP was for me the hardest out of the console versions that I've played. The 3D Zelda games were usually easy enough to beat beyond the odd boss.

The games after Wind Waker got a little too easy, especially that horrid Four Swords Adventure. The only thing good about that was the multi-player.

The entire point of the game was it was meant to be played in multi-player. I thought as a spin-off it was a pretty sweet game, it wasn't meant to be looked at as a true Zelda game.

Still need to get round to getting seriously into TW. It's not exactly gripping me.

LTTP was for me the hardest out of the console versions that I've played. The 3D Zelda games were usually easy enough to beat beyond the odd boss.

The entire point of the game was it was meant to be played in multi-player. I thought as a spin-off it was a pretty sweet game, it wasn't meant to be looked at as a true Zelda game.

Do you remember the boss of the first dungeon of the Dark Realm? I sure do, it was easy. I also remember getting stuck once because I didn't knew how to get to the last dungeon, when I did, I was so pissed with the twin headed (Fire and Ice) Dragon :mad:

Only boss I remember from LTTP beyonf Ganon and Agihnim was the worm one in the Tower of Hera. Mostly because it pissed me off when the frigging thing knocked me off the platform and had to start it from the beginning again.

The Biggoron sword quest wasn't actually all that hard. At least you can use your horse. There are plenty of shortcuts too. I found Jabu Jabu's belly difficult because I kept getting lost, and I had to keep making sure not to drop Ruto in the wrong places, and you can't kill any of the jellyfish easily until you get the boomerang--and they're really annoying. The bosses in that level weren't easy either. Some of the dungeons did have a creepy atmosphere, but they weren't really considered hard if you think about it.

I can't remember exactly which part in Link to the Past I found most difficult, but like I said, having a puny sword just does not help at all. I wondered why people didn't mind that. But once you get the Magic Cape, everything gets much, much easier. Provided you even remember to use it.

Could you consider that the greater freedom that the move into 3D could make it a bit easier than the likes of LTTP? I think that Link moved a bit slower in 2D so I was more prone to being hit and in OOT onwards the Z-Targeting allowed you to move around even quicker mid-fight.

Definitely being able to do backflips, rolls and jumps made it easier to avoid attcks and get around. Movement on LttP was slow, and I didn't like using the Pegasus Boots much. And Z-Targeting made a HUGE difference imo, made it much easier to keep your eye on your target. That being said, LttP is still one of my favorites.

I was introduced to Zelda at the age of 11 and at first I absolutely hated it. Majora's Mask just seemed so boring... I hated the controls and the fact I didn't have a jump button.

A couple of years later, I got Wind Waker in a package with my Gamecube. A couple of weeks passed before I even considered putting it into the console (I had been playing Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly), but when I did... :gasp:

Zelda is my favourite Nintendo series, and possibly joint first with Final Fantasy overall. I've played most of the recent games and I've enjoyed all of them. Zelda 1 and 2 were difficult to get into, but I absolutely loved Ocarina of Time. Twilight Princess left a little to be desired, and I never completed an area in Majora's Mask, but both were enjoyable in their own right and worthy of time. The GBA version of Link to the Past and the GBA title Minnish Cap were both simple yet great. The D.S. titles used the D.S' features well; Phantom Hourglass was only let down by the dungeon which had to be revisited four or five times, and completed four or five times.

Now we have Skyward Sword. :O I was skeptical about this game at first. I didn't believe in Wiimotion, but it works like a dream. I doubt I'll ever be able to play Zelda in the same way again! I'm a little worried about the supposed lack of exploration...I miss having a large field to rush through! However, each area so far has been aesthetically pleasing and it certainly feels of the same quality as Ocarina of Time.

i'm really impressed with skyward sword. i'm only just up to the second dungeon, i've been taking it quite slow so far, but i'm glad they didn't make a huge fuck up of it like i've heard twilight priness was. the control system works really well with the wii motion plus, i'm glad they took time to make sure it was a simple but effective system.

i'm also really pleased to see the gorons back again. wind waker sorely missed them :sad3:

The Dоctor;974286 said:
i'm also really pleased to see the gorons back again. wind waker sorely missed them :sad3:

But there were Gorons in Wind Waker. o.o
Ya know...even if there were only three of them. >.>;

But there were Gorons in Wind Waker. o.o
Ya know...even if there were only three of them. >.>;

There were? :blink:

I played that game A LOT and visited most of the islands but I don't remember them. :gasp:

It's been about five years since then (Chris and I didn't explore much when we played through his save), so...when did they appear? :olivia:

There were? :blink:

I played that game A LOT and visited most of the islands but I don't remember them. :gasp:

It's been about five years since then (Chris and I didn't explore much when we played through his save), so...when did they appear? :olivia:

Yup, three of them.
One was on the Mother & Child Islands, another on the Great Fish Island and one on Bomb Island.
They were merchants which you had to trade items for a shop in Windfall Island. At the end of the trade, you got the Magic armor.
....*knows a lot about Zelda* >///>

Even I saw the gorons :wacky: They were all dressed up, though, and trying to hide their identities. The Zora tribe are what Wind Waker missed out on (aside from the original Sage of Earth) :sad3: But they got the Rito tribe which was pretty cool :grin:

Even I saw the gorons :wacky: They were all dressed up, though, and trying to hide their identities. The Zora tribe are what Wind Waker missed out on (aside from the original Sage of Earth) :sad3: But they got the Rito tribe which was pretty cool :grin:

At first I thought that it would be a great setting for the Zoras seeing how it was the Great Sea, but then I remembered that the seas were loaded with monsters.

I'm sure they could have found somewhere safe to stay :lew: I do wish they'd have continued with that Link after Phantom Hourglass, though :hmmm: Without a Temple of the Ocean King sort of thing in it.

Back