Nintendo The Legend of Zelda

It would fucking suck if Link (or anyone) spoke. Some games work with having a silent protagonist and these games are one of them, the games work fine as they are.
I agree. Dunno why some many people wants a voice to Link; i still think that he's better without one; as soon as they put it one on him, i'm pretty sure that he would miss part of his character.

Anyway; back to the topic. I was playing Zelda since the old Nes version (which, by some irony, the battery doesn't work and i was unable to save any data... funny for the first game ever which have internal memory xD) And to be honest, that little fact makes me hate the series when i was young; it was painfully to restart always that i turn off the Nes. Because that i didn't play a Link to the Past (that, and the fact that i never own a Snes :rolleyes:)

The game that make me love Zelda again, was Link's Awakening. It was perfect for the ol' Game Boy; it was a real challenge, nice story (in a time when dreamy-adventures weren't that common) and amazing dungeons!! Link's Awakening was the reason i willingly played both Majora's Mask first and then Ocarina of Time.

Well...Link already has a voice. Just not for talking. If you like hearing him scream though, I guess that's another way of being entertained.

But I hear there are people who like making their characters in video games purposely fall off of the stage to hear their screams.

But I hear there are people who like making their characters in video games purposely fall off of the stage to hear their screams.

You must mean Super Smash Bros.

I am quite content with Link's "Heeyah"s and "Shiyaat!"s. Besides, no one else has a voice in the Zelda games, why should Link?

Oh! I do remember him saying "Come on!" in one temple on Wind Waker.

Actually, a friend told me she purposely made Isaac fall of the stage in Castlevania: Lament of Innocence because it was so funny. I'd imagine there are some other games that other people find their screams amusing.

Although Super Smash Bros. is an obvious example.

But you can still make Link scream alot in Zelda 64. Just drop him off the edge of the entrance to the Fire Temple or some other high off place. Always works.

:ffs: of course, I feel dumb. I did that all the time on Lara Croft. Her screams entertained me :sneaky:

But back on topic, Link shall never speak, period.

On another note, there is a computer game called Zelda Classic you can download where you can make your own Zelda adventure! You can also get quests other people created and play them as well!

I need to play more Zelda games to be honest, I've only played 2 :gasp:
They were epic though 'Ocarina of Time' and a 'Link to the Past', and from what I remember Link is definitely one of those characters who expresses him emotions other waya apart from talking.

Shadow of the Colossus reminded me of Zelda the other day, and the very little talking made the game amazing.

If you have a Wii then if you get Wind Waker and Majora's Mask then that'll be a good place to come back into the series. Probably won't have to get/play any more games beyond the handheld ones like the Oracle of Seasons/Ages and Link's Awakening after that.

I do look as those as the best Zelda games.

Mister Poop said:
Link's Awakening gave me the most trouble, personally. Tough game.

That game was no joke. The Face Shrine killed me.

This is one of my favorite game series, even though I've fallen out of it recently. Link's Awakening was the first one I played, but Ocarina of Time is my favorite. At the time, it seemed really long for an N64 game, but I liked that. It was so fun that I didn't want it to end. Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons are fun to play in a pair with a friend or sibling. (My brother and I always argue about which one is better... Ages.) I loved the art style for Wind Waker, but it dragged toward the end. I haven't got past the first dungeon of Twilight Princess, and I don't think I want to play Phantom Hourglass because the gameplay doesn't sound all that great. I'll have to try it out when I get a chance, though.

I hate that I never played Link to the Past, because almost every gamer I know says it's one of the best in the series. There's another game I need to buy.

I played Link to the Past, but I found it difficult. The sword was so darned tiny. At least it actually worked in Link's Awakening. But Seasons was also troubling because Capcom made some of the bosses difficult, and wanted to say I liked Ages better because of the puzzles--but some of the weapons and tools in Seasons were better, and it didn't have that annoying Goron Dance mini-game. I really didn't like it. So it's hard to say which of Ages or Seasons I liked better. But since I found Ages easier, I'd usually do the linked game starting with Ages first so that Seasons would be easier.

Link to the Past was brutal, but almost better than Ocarina of Time...ALMOST! And Seasons was pretty difficult, but I think that's good, cause the Zelda games have gotten a bit too easy for my liking. They pumped it up in Majora's Mask; those temples murdered me. If it weren't for that song that slowed down time, then I never would have beaten that game...with the Oni-Link Mask :P

Actually, I stayed away from Majora's Mask because of the time limit I heard of.

I thought the same thing when I heard about it, but I played it and I ended up loving it. It is one of the better Zelda games, and the temples are mad crazy! You must play it!

I love Legend of Zelda!! The Ocarina of Time got me started on RPG's. I should have played more of them but I haven't. Besides Ocarina, I played Wind Waker, Four Swords, The Legend of Zelda (a rerelease on the GameBoy Advance), watched my brother run out of time and be crushed by the meteor in Majora's Mask. I should have gotten around to Twilight Princess by now... This series, like Final Fantasy but even more so (if I can say such a thing on the Final Fantasy Forums), is a timeless classic. The music (OCARINA) is something I'll never forget.

Actually, I stayed away from Majora's Mask because of the time limit I heard of.

There are ways to prevent the time from completely running out, but it does make you feel rushed at times. Honestly, Majora's Mask wasn't one of my favorites. Solid game, but not an elite of the series.

Oh man I love Legend of Zelda. Both Ocarina of time and Majoras mask. Its been almost 2 years since i played them though. This thread gives me nostalgia.

I know! Whoever started this thread shall burn in hell!...o_O wait a sec...

I'm a little worried they haven't announced a new Zelda yet. It's been a while since PH came out, and I don't think Crossbow Training counts as a solid Zelda game. So wtf!?

Maybe this "huge announcement" Nintendo has in store for us at E3 will be a Zelda game.

I hope it isn't that Tingle game they mentioned awhile ago. That'd be a kick to the balls.

>< I fucking HATE Tingle with a passion. I'd be srsly pissed if that was the announcement.

They should make a new game based on the LttP storyline. Return of Agahnim, he brings back Ganon. Classic stuff :neomon:

>< I fucking HATE Tingle with a passion. I'd be srsly pissed if that was the announcement.

They should make a new game based on the LttP storyline. Return of Agahnim, he brings back Ganon. Classic stuff :neomon:
Yeah, I miss that storyline. Of course, we keep the cool Ganondorf from Twilight Princess.

For some reason, I find "LOZ: Link to the Past" even harder than "Ocarina of Time", or is it just me?

Several fella i know says the same thing.

I played Majora's before OoT; and i find it very nice. It was kinda frustrating to lose a lot of item each 3 days (even with the slow-time setting; the days go rather quick) but the dungeons where awesome!

The only think that bothers me of MM, if it was true that rumor that in fact Majora's was at first part of the story inside Ocarina but it just didn't inside the cartridge.

Back