FFX-2 Good endings and action replays

Quexinos

Scope!
Gil
Uhm okay so may as well just ask, can't hurt.

The first question I have is about the good ending... see what happened was it was my third play through and I had finally gotten the 100% complete around chapter 2 (never mind how it took me three tries to do it, I managed to miss a Crimson Sphere both times around). Anyway, when I saw I had 100% my assumption was that I'd get the perfect ending no matter what and I rushed to the end skipping several quests and what not (Except the Bevelle cloisters, I always make time for them)... only to get the stupid ending where Tidus stands behind Yuna and puts his arms around her then disappears ... all that work for nothing >_<

So I don't screw this up again, what's the bare minimum requirements for the good ending (thus leading to the perfect one)? I KNOW there have been MANY guides published on doing this but the problem is THEY ALL SAY DIFFERENT THINGS... some say you have to talk to Maechen every time he appears in the game. Others say you only have to talk to him in Chapter 3. Some say you have to play blitzball, some say you don't. All I figured out for sure was I have to do more than just press X when Yuna says "I'm all alone..." (Having Tidus lead her out) because I did that, but still no good ending.

So does anyone have a for sure 100% guaranteed answer? Another reason I ask is because since I have the 100% I've always wanted to play through the game and get as many "Episode Concludeds" as I could. Just for fun, have everything screw up... so let me know if getting any Episode Concludeds would ruin my chance as well.

My second question is about action replays. Against my better judgment, I used an action replay on my main game to get all the Garment Grids and all the dresspheres. It seemed to work, and I even got some Garment Grids that aren't accessible in normal game play but are worthless (one's a triangle, one's a circle and the other's called infinity) But I have a problem now as Yuna's moogle dressphere seems to be stuck at 43% complete. She's learn all the abilities she can, but all the others are blocked out and she's still at 43% (Does that make sense?)

Did using an action replay ruin my chance to learn other abilities on that? I know sometimes they mess things up. Anyway, thanks to anyone who can help.

I might be mistaken but are you waiting for the credits to roll completely? I think the perfect ending is at the end of the credits, I might be wrong, haven't played it in ages but try waiting till end of credits before you get pissy and reset console :D

HAHA I didn't get pissy and reset until AFTER the credits and no ending followed =P I knew when Tidus appeared and put his arms around Yuna that I was getting the crappy ending.

I guess I should make myself more clear. I've gotten the good ending before. The only time I didn't get it, was when I was at 100% complete because I was rushing and I missed something. So I just want the steps to get the good ending so I can see the perfect one is all.

tHE ONLY THING i THOUGHT was necessary to get the secret ending was whistling when you're in the Farplane......3 times is it?

I could be wrong though, last time I did it I went for a 100% game so I did pretty much everything until I got bored :wacky:

Have you done the stupid little things like talking to that hypello on the airship every chapter and repaid oakas debt?

I think you're still not quite understanding. I have 100%, okay? I played through twice and I have a score of 100%. I'm not going for 100% completion in one run.

I just want the good ending. I need to do more than just whistle in the farplane 3 or 4 times to get it is what I found out. I'm pretty sure talking to the Hypello has nothing to do with getting the good ending ;) Please tell me how to just get the good ending.

Last edited:
You said you missed a Crimson Sphere the first few times. Did you do the secret stage where you meet Shuyin in Chapter 5, where you have to fight Rikku and Paine? You need the ten Crimson Spheres to open the door near where the Godhand was in X.

I think you're still not quite understanding. I have 100%, okay? I played through twice and I have a score of 100%. I'm not going for 100% completion in one run.

I just want the good ending. I need to do more than just whistle in the farplane 3 or 4 times to get it is what I found out. I'm pretty sure talking to the Hypello has nothing to do with getting the good ending ;) Please tell me how to just get the good ending.

And like I said I was only aware that you had to do the whistling thing, I had no idea that anything else contributed to getting the good ending.

Sorry I can't help you any more other than that.... Do you skip scenes instead of watching them?

I know I NEVER played blitzball, so I guess you can count that out but I ALWAYS talked to Maechen, the boring old codger....so maybe that's worth a try if you haven't already done so

I have NO idea about your dress sphere problem though >_<

Hi guys, sorry I didn't post a reply sooner. I just found out why the mascot dress sphere wasn't working right for me. I guess I have to learn SOS Protect as a warrior first. (I have no idea why this is)

So Im off to do that ^_^
Still doesn't explain why Finale doesn't work though

oh and Fraix, apparently you do have to talk to Maechan in chapter 3 to get the good ending is what I found out.

Hey did you guys know that Finale won't work if you escape from any battles? When you start New Game Plus, it resets finale damage to 99,999 but as soon as you escape from a battle, it doesn't work! That's messed up o_O

TO get the alternative ending, you have to whistle 3 times when ur leaving the farplane, and then again at the end. And you need to speak to Maechen at every opportunity and not rush/skip him. it uber sucks listening to him drone on but its got to be done. think thats it really! :)

You have to get the episode complete for Luca IN THIS RUN, you also have to get the macalania forest lake episode complete. If you did it in a previous game and not in this one, despite having a 100% you will NOT get the good ening.

Actually you're both wrong... I just have to talk to Maechen in the third chapter and I can skip over him because I did and I got the perfect ending. Oh and the whistle thing. That's all.

Seems to be just the whistling thing. Did
Tidus
tell Yuna to do that whistling thing in X? followed by the shouting bit? I hated that bit. too silly for my liking.

I digress - Just give a lil' whistle! :neomon:

Back