Did the music contribute to the game?

Amizon

Too orsm for you.
Veteran
Gil
I think it did. I think it gave off this nice Medieval feel to the game at times. What about you then?

I loved IX's music. I think of all the games, it had the best random battle music. And I also loved the final boss music.

The music definently gave the game a midevil feel, especially the loading screen. And I loved the chocobo theme where you hunt for items!

And Melodies of life was such a sweet song.

Of course. xD I especially noticed this at the beginning of the game when they played Bittersweet Romance during that play starring "Marcus and Cornelia." It was such tragic music which fits the whole plot of the play.

And then of course, later on it only gets even better. Melodies of Life is by far one of the best songs I've heard in the FF series. It's right up there with To Zanarkand, Suteki Da Ne, Aerith's Theme, etc. The world of FF9 really needed that special touch of the right music soundtracks due to its medieval feel, and I must say that they did an excellent job in that area.

The music for the world map = EXTRAORDINARY! Simply FANTASTIC!

Music is a big part of any game. I thought the soundtrack for FFIX was terrific...but I sorta expect that from most FF games.

I guess I could say my favourite piece was when you had Steiner and Beatrix trying to save Alexandria. Loved it too much! :P

I feel that the music of FFIX did add to an awful lot to the game. I quite liked the recurring themes and melodies within the score, and the return of the battle music of old was pretty cool.

I seriously couldn't imagine IX without it's music. It added a whole new element to a game that would pretty much be silent without it.

Music in general is a necessity in games, especially RPGs; I've said this another post, but it helps to convey emotions and set the mood during a scene.

I did enjoy the FFIX music. Since FFIX is considered the game that takes all the things from the early FF games and shown in a newer setting, the updated music quality was really good.

Although we players can't help but compare a setting of a game to our own real life time line, and try to see where the game could've been set in our world, the music had the renaissance of Europe feel to it for most of the game.

this game really did have some of the best music in the series. i'd probably say it was number one, with the stiffest competition being VII.

YES. IT DID. CRUISE CONTROOOOOOOOOOL ON :gasp:

IX's soundtrack is just amazing, IMO it's the best of any FF soundtrack. It's got such a great range of songs, from touching songs like Song of Memories and Melodies of Life. It's got songs that get your adrenaline going like Feel My Blade and Hunter's Chance. There are superbly creepy songs like Iifa Tree and the final battle.

Really I could keep going on but this would turn into a favorite songs thread. Point is, the soundtrack is perfection. I can listen to any given track and remember the exact moment it plays in the game. Takes a good OST to be able to do that.

Nobuo Uematsu outdid himself when he did the music for IX. It had a enchanting mix of percussions, winds, and strings throughout the medieval soundtrack. Each character has their own unique theme, and the battle tunes were superb. My favorite pieces included "Whom We Must Protect," the grandiose "Skies of Alexandria," and the wonderfully cute "Vivi's Theme."

The music in nine IX not only allowed for great background music, but also a greater since of depth in the characters and the story surrounding them.:neomon:

I dunno if I've ever met someone who thinks great music is flat-out useless, as either emotional embellishment or mere mood-setting. FFIX's soundtrack is quite varied and quirky, and while I personally think there's a bit too many dour organ-driven tracks (a la FFVIII), the whole of it stands up very well. 'Fact, that's probably an understatement -- the music becomes indelibly tied to the scenes themselves, which is the hallmark of a good score.

I feel like all I can do is follow a recurring line here by saying IX had probably if not the best music in the Series. I love it for the opposite reason I liked the FFX OST. Final Fantasy 9 has some of the most beautifully written music I've heard, especially "Melodies Of Life" which is probably my second favorite song from the game.

One I was hoping would come up more was Valo alla Flamenco, that was an amazingly upbeat and fun song to listen to and almost made you want to dance a bit along with it.

Nobuo admitted in an interview (wasn't a big one but I'm a nerd) that he personally tried to outdo himself with Final Fantasy IX since out of all the games it was one of his personal favorites in accordance to style.

Just my little bit of input.

Some of the songs went well throughout the game but then again some of them didn't for example the return of the mist in disc 4 the world map theme didn't really go all that well

I loved the music in FFIX, as I normally have in all of the other FF games. You can always take it to the bank on a tremendous soundtrack. And imo they have yet to fail in that dept of the games.

Nobuo Uematsu outdid himself when he did the music for IX. It had a enchanting mix of percussions, winds, and strings throughout the medieval soundtrack. Each character has their own unique theme, and the battle tunes were superb. My favorite pieces included "Whom We Must Protect," the grandiose "Skies of Alexandria," and the wonderfully cute "Vivi's Theme."

The music in nine IX not only allowed for great background music, but also a greater since of depth in the characters and the story surrounding them.:neomon:

This is it! This was all I had to say!

Wonderful themes, especially Beatrix's. The mood music for all towns was perfect. (i.e. Ipsen's castle - made me feel like lurking and poking things.. :wacky: Seriously though.)

I love the music in any final fantasy game but IX definatly had some of the best.

Kuja's theme almost rivals those chosen by the planet from VII, almost.

I think it did. I think it gave off this nice Medieval feel to the game at times. What about you then?

exactly. Actually that medieval feel made this game good. The music is not something special, not bad tho. 8/10 or something.

I'd give it 10/10...
There wasn't much i could criticize about the game's music. I actually found it to be real good. Or, at least, it did leave that impression in me

Back