Crisis Core Did you cry? Were you moved?

Crisis core did have me on an emotional journey throughout it remains to this day in my opinion on of the best final fantasy games even due to the fact its a spin off of a main game. The whole story and the character chemistry was greatly shown and the ending just summed up everything so well and Zack is truly a wonderful character and I did shed a tear because we followed his journey and he didn't need to die.

It was a great ending and I almost teared up. Just having to play as him in that unbeatable battle was very tragic and definitely was the best way to show the emotion. The ending was sad and I could understand how Cloud felt. I thought about it for weeks after and I'll remember it forever.

It was a pathetic ending, and Crisis Core felt like an utter betrayal to the medium of gaming and the story of FFVII. What little merit it had. I just love how the death scene changes in every retelling there is to this wretched character's death. It was a sniper shot to the head in The Last Order when they were on a truck, a machine gun spray to the face in the original and now it's a horde of Shinra soldiers with a single shot that scrapes the top of his scalp, without damaging a single hair and caused him to bleed down his forehead. He died from a scratch. What a pussy. The game took, what was the most enigmatic character that had a mystery intrigue and turned him into a complete annoying imbecile. The writing in Crisis Core rivals that of mediocre fan fiction. The dialogue was painful, the music was insultingly bad, the dumbapples were dumb, the Buster Sword never had a shred of significance, when you could just sell it to any vendor after level 10 in the original game, and the narrative is inconsistent with the original mythos. The Shinra army are one of the stupidest armed forces in fiction and Zack's resolve is that he would fight through each of them wankers with his stupid sword when he could have one shotted them with a summoning of Odin. "You are my legacy"? He barely knew this dude for less than 3 days and he decided his last words were "You're my legacy, take this sword and be the hero in the game that came out 11 years ago". Honestly, when he got shot and he did that bitchy scream, I lol'd. Hard.

Not really. In fact, I think all the scenes were exaggerated and Zack was just an idiot, happy for thinking he might have become a hero.
The story of the game was nice, though a bit repetitive from FFVII. The execution, though, was poor. Looked like they wanted to put all the emotion they were unable to put on FFVII in Crisis Core, but then they ended exaggerating.

I want to be honest. When watching the ending my eyes is slowly getting wet because of my tears but I didn't cry. The ending is so very sad, I can't believed Zack will die in those situation. And I imagined what if Cloud could help him fight those soldiers. Do you think what will happen next? :)

I want to be honest. When watching the ending my eyes is slowly getting wet because of my tears but I didn't cry. The ending is so very sad, I can't believed Zack will die in those situation. And I imagined what if Cloud could help him fight those soldiers. Do you think what will happen next? :)
It would be kinda hard to imagine that. Cloud had Mako poisoning in him, right? So there was no way that Cloud could help Zack or prevent his death. Even if Cloud did try to move a little.

Maybe what makes Zack so lame to people is because he's arrogant and a little too happy go lucky and Cloud isn't like that. I think the story was decent enough and the game play was a little not thought out for RPG because all we did was smash buttons all the time. But it was fun to me.

It would be kinda hard to imagine that. Cloud had Mako poisoning in him, right? So there was no way that Cloud could help Zack or prevent his death. Even if Cloud did try to move a little.
Yeah youre right. but my point is if cloud recovered quickly he can help zack in fighting. If thats happen I think they will be together in fighting the shinra in the original game.

The problem is they wanted Zack to become a hero, so they had this ending where he kills a lot of people for Cloud. By doing this they changed things from each version.
Here are a couple problems with it.

1. Zack wanted Cloud to be his living legacy which to me was very pathetic way to try and explain why Cloud thought he was Zack in his past.

2. Also with the living legacy thing, It seemed like a pathetic way to try and become a "hero"

So did I cry? no I wanted answers about Zack yes, but at this point I could care less about this story that had nothing but questions at the ending about any event in FFVII.

Truthfully, I kinda thought the whole "living legacy" thing was off because they barely even knew each other so why give yourself up to a semi complete stranger even though you guys were friends? All I gotta say is that I felt bad for Genesis but at the same time I hated him. Maybe if Genesis didn't tell Sephiroth what he was then Sephiroth would be decent but still claims he'll leave ShinRa. There were a lot of things to be asked about CC that didn't make sense and which lead to FFVII or the OVA Last Order. I'm upset that they knocked Zack off. SE should've kept him in the game longer.

Back