Crisis Core Did you cry? Were you moved?

Is it just me?

But I already know the ending of this game. Naturally because I played FFVII. But I just grew so attached to Zack throughout this game, and I don't wanna get to the end where that happens. I watched the end of the game on a youtube video, and sadly enough after all that I welled up a little bit and cried some(pethetic I know). It's like the Aerith death scene for me, I know its coming, I just dont wanna face it.

Anybody feelin me?

I know what'choo mean, homie. I haven't come anywhere close to tears with anything in Final Fantasy (except when I yawn while playing FFXII), but I can understand not wanting to see those events occur since you like the characters so much.

oh gawd, i just bean the game ;_; i wish i would've never beaten it so zack could stay alive *sniffles*

The ending was very, very well done. They actually make you play Zack when he fights off all of the soldiers, and I started crying when he couldn't attack anymore of them. It was so sad when it showed his final thoughts in the DMW being of Aerith, and I wished so badly that he could have made it back to her. I cried alot during the ending, and I hate that such a great character had to die.

at first aerith's 89th letter made my throat all dry but i held those tears back! when i heard zack sniffling i couldn't hold it in anymore ;_; after playing a few hours of this game i decided to make zack my favorite ff character. it's so sad to see a character with such a great personality pass away. i'm glad aerith and him meet again after 5 years xD

I'm not sure if I've posted on this thread. So mods if I do infact double post I appologize. But infact I just finished the game, and I had no clue after you fight Genesis that you go straight to the battle of the Shinra and dont get a chance to do any of the missions before hand. I started to cry right after the fighting and he was standing there with the 3 soldiers approaching. And it really picked up when Cloud looks up and it shows scenes with Zack, and when he tells him goodnight.
Kudos to Square-Enix. The ending was excellently done, and it actually made me cry, a thing that FFVII was unable to do.
I feel this game was a success in my opinion in trying to tell you the backstory of Zack and get you his point of view. This actually makes it to where I prefer Zack over Cloud as a main char. I loved his character in this game, and had I not known of him dying and me playing it for the first time, I would've cried even more.
Again kudos to Square-Enix

I just now finished the game 15 minutes ago. Um, unfortunately, I didn't cry. Not because I didn't feel anything about the ending - I did. I think it was because I've read a few posts in this thread a few weeks ago and the knowledge that most of you guys cried or teared-up at the end made me expect the same result for me as well...but I just didn't cry or tear up. o.o Not even close. (And I think the fact that my brother's friends were over making a bunch of noises really distracted me and I kept telling them to shut up and be quiet.) So yeah, I was in the wrong environment...

I love the ending, I thought that it was indeed emotionally sad and very well done. I was shocked when Zack read that letter from Aerith...that "it's been 4 years". I seriously need to replay FFVII as I've forgotten all the details. The DMV scenes really got to me as well...that was a very creative and unique way of letting the players feel for Zack's final moments.

And then towards the very end (after the credits), we see that scene of Cloud on the train (the very beginning of FF7). It blacks out and then you see, "To be continued...in Final Fantasy VII".
Wow, just wow. Really pulls on the heartstrings, if you ask me. This is an excellent game.

And to answer Zack's question...yes, you truly are a hero...

Having just finished it yesturday, I am at a loss for words. I was blown away by it all. It was an extremely saddening experience. Playing through the final set of battles with the DMW degrading, and seeing the after-effects in CGI, was simply breath-taking. Zack did all he could for Cloud.

A lot of the FFVII Compilation has left me feeling cold and 'pointless' but this has restored so much. Not only did we delve into Zack's life and discover more about the hero that he is, but we suprisingly, discover entirely new and deeper reasons why Cloud and Sephiroth turned out the way they were. Wow. Square-Enix really suprised me with all of that after their recent failures (in my eyes) with the compilation.

So yeah ... so sad. And the final sequence on the train, leading in to the events in FFVII, just brought it all home.

i was really moved, but i didn't cry.
it was hard to cry when i knew what would happen in the first place.

from the scenes in FFVII, in JENOVA's chamber in the reactor of mt. neibelheim, i believed zach died a lot earlier, but the game kept going.

the way he went was really sad,
but i just cant cry for something where i know the ending all along...

I just finished the game 5 mins ago, the credit roll is currently going, and I'm still crying.

now, time for spoilers:

I knew it was comming, I was preparring myself, but it didn't help one bit. During the Shin-ra army battle, the music playing, and the way Zack's DWM kept forgetting, that made me upset. The way he just forgot, being the experiments slowly eating away at his brain, or the actual fight making him forget, I don't know, but it was beautiful. And the way Aerith was left till last... Then, came the last scene, ohhh, it was so beautiful, but so sad. The music did contribute, but the whole thing, just great.

Yeah, those who played it must know how it felt. But I'm not the one to cry, I didn't even cry at my Uncle's funeral, or even when I heard the news >_<.

and yes Zack,
you are a hero

I thought Crisis Core would be disappointing, I swore not to buy anymore ff's after XII, but I got a pleasant surprise, the battle system was different and at first I played only for the story but I actually quite like the battle system. The story was great and not overly dramatic, the ending was quite emotional but I'm not one to cry, loved the cheeky "to be continued in Final Fantasy VII". Haha. Anyway, very impressed, hope everyone else enjoys/enjoyed it.

I totally cried at the ending, not because Zack died, but because how they did it.
The way the DMW kept forgetting people made me tear up, but when they made Aerith last...THATS when I started crying. It was really unexpected, and I thought that's why it was so emotional, especially since I adored the Aerith/Zack coupling. It was really touching.
The music really added to the whole mood and atmosphere too! It's the first time I've ever cried at an FF game, or indeed, any game, so in my opinion, it was a really well constructed ending. Just brilliant.

Last edited:
Just thinking about makes me wanna cry again.The good thing is that Zack died happy,but I felt really sad for Cloud when he screamed.
As for Aeris,I'm really sad for her too.She just seemed like she loved Zack a lot and I think she felt it that he died.

Lol yup I cried, pretty much knew that I would! The music in the game was brilliant, didn't help much in trying to hold back tears lol!
But it was just when you saw the reels start to mess up, with Aerith being the last face that you knew he was dying!! The FMV's were beautiful. The only bit that kinda ruined it was like.. him flying up into heaven but none the less was a really good, tear-jerking ending :(

I was dissapointed that an important character's hystory was forgotten and left behind because he was "experiemnted", but weren't SOLDIER operatives infused with Jenova Cells already and mako energy?

Oh gawd, Im such a soft arse, I was bawling from the moment
Lazard died next to that chair with Cloud on it, and I just got worse the further it went, I swear they made it deliberately heart wrenching, and as Mark says when the DMW was spinning and it showed Aerith
I was like :gasp:

I knew what wasgunna happen because of playing VII but I was so willing the Turks to get to him before he got tracked down and died. I hated knowng what was gunna happen. But bloody hell, if I had played this before playing VII I would have been even worse :gasp:

Same for mee... I just beat the game less than 5 minutes ago and from the moment
Lazard pointed to the Angeal Copy and it was dead I was on the verge of crying. Then at the end right after Cloud left and Zack started talking I started to cry. When he asked if he thought he became a hero I started bawling.
Then the song they played on the credits reminded me of FF7 and since I was like 7 when i got that it was a memory from like 8 years ago and that made me cry more.

I have a problem, I don't know what it is but I haven't cried in years. This is the first time since I was 9... I'm 15.

You DID play the original FFVII, right? Then you should've known that he died by the infantrymen BEFORE you played CC. :ffs:
Other than that one scene that becomes avalible in the Mansion Basement after the Lifestream part on Disc II, there isn't anywhere else that reveals that. and tbh, not alot of people are going to find that scene unless they follow walkthroughs etc. Without that 'hidden' scene, Zack is left injured after fighting Sephiroth in the Nibel Reactor and could very well have died there and then.

Crisis Core probably had the most tear jerking ending I've come across in a game. I didn't quite cry but fuck me I nearly did. Even though I knew it was inevitable and had geared myself up for it, it was so done so well and powerfully I couldn't help but feel from it.

However I thought Cloud had become alittle too 'normal' right at the end. He should have been abit more 'vegtable' like and not show so much sign of recovery. A little bit for the scene to work yes but not that much.

The ending cutscene of Crisis Core was probably the worst gaming experience i had. Zack quickly became a favorite of mine in that game,the events leading up to the end were also really saddening. Him having to carry Cloud who was really sick from mako addiction, and how the Turks were trying to kill him, except Cissnei. How he never got to see Aeris again, and the gruesome way he died...

Last edited:
This final scene was the most heartwrenching I have ever scene. I've watched it several times now and it gets to me every time. The saddest parts for me were
his memories of Aerith fading out, and when Cloud has the flashbacks of how Zack saved him
. The song that starts playing ("Why") is so beautiful. Makes me teary just thinking about it :'(

Back