Does God Hate Bisexuals and Homosexuals?

I find it hard to believe that a creator would create a being, allow it to evolve (down a fated path or one of free will is up to debate), and then despise what it has become. That just sounds like a bad monster movie to me. I always love those people who waste perfectly good time by going down to these churches and picketing outside. They claim it's evil and against the will of God. I ask "How the Hell do they know what's God's will?" Because a book saide so? I've read the earlier releases of the Bible and it didn't say shit about Gays. And then I read one of the newer releases and NOW they bring it up. So, what? Does God call these people up and say "Hey, don't do that!" It just all sounds soooo stupid to me.

Um that "monster movie" you're talking about is Frankenstein story. For those who don't know, the book is about a student who creates a monster, but because of what the monster has done(made some bad choices). He grows to hate it and the two become enemies.

I don't think god hates anything he has made. This is just some notion that we humans seemed to have created in our minds. We're all self concious about things and are easy to persecute someone we feel isn't doing the right thing. God can't hate...I just know it...he can't hate us...he may be dissappionted...but never hate...

It's not my place to decide whether or not God hates them. But, I do know the Bible states its views... But, doesn't mean I'm gonna go around saying "round up the gays" they're still people and if they respect me I'll respect them.

No God does not hate anyone,if you believe in God,its Mans mind thet warps the word of a book to make things to their liking. Humans like to impose their will on others even if it means saying a certian thing will make you go to Hell....God supposedly is supposed to love all his "children" and thats all i'l believe about "God"
I believe that and I wont ever consider anything else.

God can't hate...I just know it...he can't hate us...he may be dissappionted...but never hate...

You can't know it. Such is how faith works and what religion is based on.

I believe that the act of homosexuality is forbidden in Christianity but it doesn't mean a homosexual can't reach heaven. There are a few people I know who are homosexual but don't engage in the act because they believe that it is wrong and I agree with them, but it doesn't mean that because something is forbidden that God hates those who do it.

That would be like saying a parent who disciplines his child hates the child.

Well if God does exist, we can't really know unless he personally tells us, just as we wouldn't know if he hated or loved any of us.

If you are talking about the biblical God, there are many different interpretations. I was curious about this awhile ago and came across this website. I
http://www.gaychristian101.com/

They also make an arguement for bible figures such as Ruth and David being homosexual.

At the end of the day, does it really matter? If a God exists and he/she/it hates you for something that you do in your own privacy and is known to have genetic roots... then screw him/her/it. If we are all God's creation, then he created something that he hates... which seems odd to me.

It's like when people argue about God and evil in the world, lots of people say it's free will and people make choices. But I don't think being gay is a choice. You get religious people who believe that God hates homosexuality and end up being gay themselves.

God itself does not have a sexuality, or a gender for that matter, so why would he judge us depending on our sexual orientation? It does not make a difference to the good and bad that we do. God doesn't judge on our exterior.

Originally, man and woman were created to love one another in an erotic manner, through which they would draw closer as two opposite beings. Both have vital roles in each other's lifes, the man usually a protector/fighter and woman a carer/healer. However, emotionally, we can fall for anything.

We have free will, and the choices we make shape ourselves and the path we had laid. I think the only wrong choice we can make is when we harm ourselves or another.
Take a look at the magnet, opposites attract, likes reppel. But we can make, with force, likes touch each other. Does God hate us for doing that? No.

It's absurd to say God hates anything, because hate itself is evil.

Last edited:
No. Why? Because God is Love.

Homosexuality is, in my opinion, only a sin because it's associated with sodomy and as we know sodomy is a sin in the Law of God.

However, God said in the New Testament that Jesus died on the cross so his blood would save us from the law of God. In other words God forgives our sins if we repent in Jesus' name. Which all Christians do--ask for forgiveness for all of their sins whether it's lying, stealing, harming, or sodomy. So, I happen to believe that God doesn't hate homosexuals--because even they're his children, but it's the sexual acts they do that are the sin, as far as I can see that is.

The way I see it, if a heterosexual couple engages in sodomy they're sinning just as much as a homosexual couple is. Sodomy is the wrong thing that homosexuality is associated with. God hates the sin not the sinner.

God hates no child of his.

While I do believe that homosexuality is a sin, we are all sinners. Not one of us is completely free of sin. I'm a sinner myself, so I'm not preaching to the choir here. However, we are all loved by God. He still loves us despite our flaws.

"For I am persuaded that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come nor height, nor depth nor any other creatures, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."—Romans 8:38, 39.

My response, as always, will always be, forever...

The Joker said:
Just remember, God made all creation, which means God either directly or indirectly created homo- and bi-sexuals. If God sends them to hell, God creates more devils. If not, God is A-Okay with those two groups. If God did not directly or indirectly create the LGBT community, then there are far and away bigger questions we should be asking.

Before I say this, I will note that I do not necessarily condone the concept. I am only giving an explanation why.
The reason the bible punctuates on homosexuality being a sin is because being gay brings with it upheaval and discrimination in return for self-gratification. God knows the nature of humans and the harsh reality that it will never be accepted, only (maybe) tolerated. Also, it is not what God intended humans to be.
Then people ask, 'well ok, than why am i naturally gay?'
The answer lies in the fact that we are born into sin. This does not mean that a gay person is more of a sinner, it just means that this is the devils domain// and since God is holy, he would be imperfect by messing with free will, so he lets us decide whether we want to triumph over sin, or ride along with self-gratification.

It has nothing to do with God. Why would God hate homo- and bisexuals? Why the hell should God care, anyway? It has the whole universe, with all its dimensions, to maintain; it's not going to fuss over such a trivial matter. Ancient Greece and feudal Japan, for instance, had no problems with homo- and bisexual tendencies. It was only a select number of societies that decided to stigmatize the behavior because they personally believed it was wrong.

Plus, bisexuality has been observed in a many animals as well; from swans, pigeons and vultures, to elephants, dolphins, bonobos and all other great apes, to lizards, dragonflies, fruit flies and bed bugs! Are all these animals guilty of sin? Are they all going to hell for shunning the word of the Bible?

It has nothing to do with God. Why would God hate homo- and bisexuals? Why the hell should God care, anyway? It has the whole universe, with all its dimensions, to maintain; it's not going to fuss over such a trivial matter.

I agree on this one. This is a tiny and unimportant little planet that is inside a relative new solar system who is part of a galaxy that is barely out of its diapers (like Death from Supernatural would say). My point is, perhaps the only ones that do care are the ones appointed to this planet, like the Archangel and the Heavenly Host. It also depends on what side of the Bible of the Judeo-Christian God you are considering. In the Old Testament, we clearly see evidence of The Wrath of God when he struck down Sodom and Gomorrah for all immorality and decadence those two cities were going through. The God portrayed in the New Testament is one who is more forgiving and considerate.

Anyhow, there's no way to see if God hates or not homosexuality and/or bisexuality.

I am considering the Abrahamic Religions which traditionally forbid sodomy for the later parts of the post:

In the Torah, we see that it is written that "[A man] shall not lie with another man as [he would] with a woman, it is a "abomination"" (Leviticus 18:22) (the passage could be applied for women as well)

Orthodox Judaism considers it a sin, while Conservative Judaism considers to accept homosexuals in their synagogues as well as fighting for their civil rights, however; it places a ban on homosexual sex. A more Liberal Judaism is starting to accept homosexuality.

Christianity holds a similar position when it comes to homosexuality, with most of the traditional religions accepting homosexuals yet considering the homosexual sex act as sinful. The Restorationism movement wishes to bring the church to the old model by condemning all contra-natura (against nature) acts such as homosexuality and bisexuality.

The Roman Catholic Church also requires people who are attracted to their same sex to practice chastity. Other more traditional Christians even consider homosexual feelings as sins and encourage that they seek for redemption and atonement by seeking Jesus Christ.

Of course, I am no expert in neither Judaism, Christianity or Islam so if anyone here knows more, please be my guest.

My general view on this? Neutral. What they do with their life so long as it does not affects me is their problem.

Last edited:
God does not hate anyone. Let's get that out of the way first. If we're talking about the Christian God, the one true God, then he does not hate anyone. His first and foremost concern is our reconciliation, forgiveness, and salvation. That is evident by his sacrifice of Christ.

Now, does God despise evil? Yes. God does not condone or accept evil. Instead, he asks us to combat our inner evil out of love for him. Would I consider bisexual or homosexual tendencies evil? If you can show me a way to glorify God through bisexual or homosexual sex/lifestyle, I'm willing to listen. Otherwise, I don't consider them "beneficial" to my overall spiritual and emotional health, so I don't believe it would be a wise choice in my relationship with Christ. But is God going to condemn someone to hell because they are gay/bi? That's really up to him, but I don't believe so, as he stated plainly in the bible the true way to get to heaven, which is to truly love and trust Jesus. If you truly love and trust Jesus, I'm pretty sure you'll find your answer for yourself.

it is my opinion that god does not exist, but all the people that believe in him and hate gays or bi-sexuals are contradicting themselves. If you think about it they say god made us all that would mean that god happily made gays and bi-sexuals seeing as there is so many of them in the world. And just as jesus said love thy neighbour. noone has right to slate another persons lifestyle just because its different. i mean this can be put in to religio wars too seeing as they all just have different aspects of the same all-loving god so why should one religion be superior to the others? its just not ethically right. but thats just my opinion. oh and to summarise no god doesnt hate bi-sexuals or gays because according to the bible he made them :)

God's thinking is probably so far beyond our own, that we couldn't fathom it. Humans are said to be made in God's image, but that doesn't mean that God's will isn't far more advanced than human comprehension.

Of course not. Why would he hate his children? I seriously don't think that God can hate anyone, even if they're not what he made them to be. He forgives even those who have sinned, being a bi/homosexuals is no big deal and it's not a sin to be like that. Everyone is equal in God's eye. I think it's only the religions who hate them. Because God only created men and women, and they think that's the way it should be. I'm a loyal christian but it's alright for me if people wants to be bi and homosexuals. They have the right heart in the wrong body, well that's what I think. Me, myself have a lot of gay friends and they're just so much fun to be with. They're jolly and always happy. Also, God's too busy running the world, human and everything he created to be thinking these things.

Man isn't evil, the sin is. Many religions stress that point including Christianity.

Back