The Final Bosses.

Davey Gaga

Under you like a G.U.Y.
Veteran
Gil
The purpose of this thread is to discuss the various positive and negatives points concerning the sequence of final bosses in each of the Kingdom Hearts titles. Include Chain of Memories if you feel so inclined but bare in mind that might make the discussion slightly unbalanced. For now, I'll provide a brief summary of the final bosses in each of the titles and, from there, post your thoughts about each of them.

Kingdom Hearts
We stroll through the End of the World to find Xehanort's Heartless on a somewhat crumbling Destiny Islands, where his speech on darkness and light provides some insight as to his motivation.

We commence a battle with him, alongside Donald and Goofy. Xehanort's Heartless summons his Guardian, who often causes some annoyance when XH cries "Submit!" as I'm sure you all remember.

Following this, we have our final 'breather' in the game before being separated from Donald and Goofy and being forced to battle our final Darkside, who is, by this point, pathetically easy.

Xehanort's Heartless returns with his Guardian in a one-on-one battle against Sora, wherein he uses a few new tricks to make the battle more challenging and is often found to be an immensely difficult battle, particularly if you've been too reliant on Donald's healing magic or Goofy's MP Gift ability.

(Not so) Finally, we have to battle the World of Chaos - a single battle with 8 stages of battling, the first three of which consist of Xehanort's Heartless, a room full of Shadows and somewhat rubbery cannons, respectively. Goofy then returns to your party and aids you against the face of the colossus. Donald is finally reunited with your party, after which you must attack one last specific point on the World of Chaos before ending the game against Xehanort's Heartless, one last time, with all three of your characters together.

Chain of Memories
Main Game - As Sora
Reverse: Rebirth - As Riku.

There's not actually much to say regarding these two boss battles. Marluxia and Xehanort's Heartless must be defeated by Sora and Riku alone, respectively. The battles follow specific patterns and are easy to master - although, personally, it took me a ridiculous number of tries to defeat Xehanort's Heartless, as I had never mastered how to utilise Dark Aura until the days of training, follow my embarassing defeats.

Kingdom Hearts II
We have the oppurtunity here - one of which I always take full advantage. Riku joins our party in our battle against Xemnas. Before we arrive there, however, we must battle through buildings being thrown around undoubtfully through Xemnas and whatever powers he possesses. Two generators must be taken out before we can access the battlefield with Xemnas, where he is dressed as a Knight.

After the relatively simple battle, we are shown another cutscene where we believe the game to be over. However, Riku and Sora are separated from the party and hop aboard what can only be described as a primitive fight jet. A Dragon-like Nobody must be vanquished before Xemnas is encountered for a second last time.

In the final battle, we have yet another oppurtunity - to play as a fourth character in the game: Riku (the former three being Roxas, Sora and Mickey, in cases of game overs). My favourite battle, to say the least, would be an understatement.
------------------------

That should do it for now.

Note that I have never heard of the final bosses being any different in the Final Mix or otherwise Japan-only games and so, if they are different in any way, be sure to let me know and I'll take that into consideration.

That's the longest post I've typed in christ-knows how long. :wacky:

You could take into account the Final mix version of KH2. It contains a 3D version of Chain of memories, in which the last battles are VERY different. In fact, It has a new 3rd form of Marluxia which is harder than the original two. (in my opinion)
The music is pretty epic: http://youtube.com/watch?v=kM2aDGVLAvc&feature=related

As for KH1, the final bosses were harder than those in KH2. They seemed to have an attack pattern, whereas Xemnas didn't. As with all RPG's the final boss takes on many forms. This is no different. I personally prefer KH1's final battles.

Kingdom Hearts 1

Pros:

- Nice setting for a final boss battle. I loved returning to a dilapidated Destiny Islands to do battle before being thrown into some random abyss.

- The World of Chaos was a well-designed boss, requiring a systematic approach to destroying it. Having to battle legions of heartless on the side to rescue Donald and Goofy added to the intensity of the fight.

- The entire battle had a nice duration. They probably could have gotten away with only providing us with the World of Chaos to defeat, but they threw in a few preliminary battles with Ansem to get things moving.

Cons:

- Too easy. Even on the highest difficulty setting, this boss battle is not a challenge.

- Darkside. Why are we fighting this thing again? If you just GOTTA throw him in, then at least give him some new tricks...or anything. I think their time would have been better spent preparing an additional brawl with Ansem before fighting the World of Chaos.

Kingdom Hearts 2

Pros:

- Visually, the entire fight is amazing. I enjoyed watching everything more than playing.

- A nice n' lengthy fight from start to finish. There were several times when I thought the game was about to end...just to have another fight present itself.

- Fighting alongside Riku = awesomeness.

Cons:

- Again, too easy. I'm tired of breezing through the fights by hitting the triangle button.

- The whole portion of the fight where you and Riku are on the flying craft. Painfully easy and boring. It felt like a poor mini-game that was added just to make the fight a bit longer.

I found the bosses of KH2 more challenging than KHI, but not harder. It took me longer to beat the ones in KH2 than KH1. KH1 the problem was them killing me before I could get to them. The bosses in COM were just stubborn because you had to be faster at playing your cards than them. That was the really hard part. Other than that, they weren't as hard as everyone is saying.

I really think the bosses were harder In KH2 than kh1, it took me forever to beat the bosses in the game.

But how the bosses looked was pretty sweet. I really liked how Ansem looked in KH1, even tho that is not how he really looked.

I've heard a lot of people saying the bosses in KH2 were harder but I don't see that. In KH1 I had to try multiple times to beat the final boss until I finally tried being cautious. KH2 I could just wade right in Keyblade slashing.

The magic reload and upgraded shortcut menu probably had a lot to do with that. KH1 I would always run out of magic and items are hard to get to. KH2 if you're out of magic, your items are in your shortcut menu.

Or maybe it had to do with the fact that I always threw away the shield in KH1. F*** defense, offense is the way to go.

Oh, and this could be a little off topic, but after failing a ton of times to beat Xaldin on normal, I beat him my first try on Proud 0.o

Lets see if i can do this right:

KH1

The final boss was kinda hard on my first time through the game i didnt have a clue what to do i just stud their floating while ansem was randomly swinging is double sided soul eater around until those bat like heartless came after me then i just said i better get this over with lucky for me i was abit over leveled for the fight and was using the oblivion( didnt even know the ultima weapon existed at that time @_@) so i managed to get ansem pretty easily i really like the fact you had to go through various parts of the boss to free your friends and kill the boss so but it was still abit to easy

KHII i just love the final fight more so watching it then fighting it was kinda difficult at first but i got the hang of it pretty quick and became adapted to fighting him and i must say they could have done alot better with the riku portion i mean i've yet to see someone not just dark aura spam their way through it so whatever about that overall i love the boss but i could be abit harder =|

Re Chain: the bosses are pretty simple if you got the right cards that can make good sleigths but you can still lose if your not careful and i like that (my first time around i went in without and single cure or potion card) so the boss was a good experience for me as for ansem he is pretty difficult for me i tend to rely on the oogie boogie card to help me when im in a pinch but i seem to manage every time

The Kingdom Hearts 1 final battle was easy after a certain point. I had problems fighting Ansem the second time (he kept killing me with the dash move). But when i finally beat him i was mad at myself for losing so many times, cause the battles after him was so easy.

Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Battle was fun and easy (but the dragon battle was a tad bit long and unnecessary, but fun irregardless) I enjoyed the final cut scene where sora picked up two keyblades and helped Riku.

My opinion on the Chain of memories battle against Marluxia was that it got pretty fun when you learned his patterns.

KHI

World Of Chaos/Ansem

The final battle against World Of Chaos was not easy nor hard. I had a bit of trouble against those Bit Snipers things that shot those beams, so getting close to Ansem was a bit hard. Other than that, the battle was fun and easy. Even the Invisibles that guarded Donald and Goofy couldn't stop me like they had before. The battle was fun in my opinion.

Final Mix

XEMNAS :rage:

He was not fun at all. I swear to god he was meant only to bring pain to the player. I had to employ a hit-and run strategy that I don't like to use in battle. The damage he dealt wasn't life threatening, but he dealt it so much :ffs: The battle was hard, but felt good, as getting the game wasn't easy.

KH CoM

GBA Version

Marluxia: He was okay. When you battle him in his humanoid form, the battle felt tedious, but wasn't too hard. I just felt he had too much HP. He had a rose sleight that was a little troublesome, though. His Nobody forms were a little too easy. I dealt a lot of damage against them, which I found a little strange :hmmm:

PS2 Version

It was mostly the same as the GBA, only the larger playing field did annoy me against Marluxia's human form. His third form was suprisingly easy. It was a little cool to see the large Nobody behind him holding the two Great Dhalias.

KHII

Xemnas :ryan:

He wasn't hard at all, which I found dissapointing. The first fight where Sora fights him alone was easy. The Reaction commands basically did most of the damage (well because I always allowed Xemnas to cause them to appear due to the Deep Dive like event :wacky: ). The second series of battles inside Kingdom Hearts were fun and easy. The events leading up to the confrontation were cool, though :D I like the slicing of the buildings and the insanely high jumping. Fighting Xemnas in his armour was cool. Flying and using the reaction command to send the building parts flying to break Xemnas's defense. His "Final Form" did give me a challenge, as he never seemed to have any vantage points. But I never seemed to lose to him. The epic fight scenes in the battle were awesome as well :ryan:

Final Mix

Roxas

It was great battling him. I will admit that it did get annoying with him constantly shooting light at me and then coming seemingly out of nowhere, but tri-wielding was too cool, although you can't really call it tri-wielding, as I don't remember him holding Roxas's blades :hmm: The fight seemed more fan-gasmic (wacky) then a boss fight.

KH 1: Ansem was pretty good. I agree with those that said it was easy though. Even on proud mode, he was rather easy. Ehh, at least it served as a fun ending boss. That's it really.

KH ReCoM: Easily my favorite ending boss battle. Marluxia was hella hard. He was a great challenging end boss in all his forms. Add in the very unique card system and having to plan your strategy, and it all makes for a damn good boss fight.

KH 2: Ehh, pretty boring honestly. It didn't get good until the VERY last form. By that time I just wanted it to end. Xemnas deserved better than those boring fights. Well.... Okay the battle in front of that building was pretty cool too.

Back