XBox Lost Odyssey

I know the fire attacks generally killed a row in my party, so I stuck to immortals and one mortal for the whole thing. You might be putting them to sleep before they use those though; you're at a higher level than I was. Odd they keep waking up on you though; I had to stop a battle maybe once or twice, but I was able to stop them anyway.

I'll try out the All Immortals + 1 Mortal method since that will leave my whole party with Fireproof then. I'll fire it up in my 460 later today and give it a shot and see how it goes.

I'll let ya know if it works out or not. I mean I have leveled up a bit since I last faced them, so I'm sure it's gotta work this time.

LO is my favorite Turn Based RPG on the 360 so far at least. I love the storyline, mostly because its not the cliche Young boy saves the world. Kaim is one of the best Main character I have ever witnessed. I love his backstory and reading his dreams they really are masterpeices.

I still have yet to complete this game(In the final dungeon) but, so far I can tell my favorite character has to be Kaim, a close second is Jansen for his comic relief.
After I complete a few games I might fire this one up again and defeat the final boss once and for all.

I really hope for a sequel, there were a few loose ends that don't get tied up.
(I kinda got the ending spoiled for me, so I lost interest)

Ummmm I finally decided to get this game. My teacher reccomended Lost Odyssey to me and he said that if I like Final Fantasy this game is the type for me.

Sosuke, your teacher is right. :D

On another forum in a Final Fantasy XIII thread, someone brought up The Last Remnant for a game to look at since it is from Square Enix - As I have played both, I countered this with about 5 paragraphs saying how Lost Odyssey is like Final Fantasy. After that post 2 people (including the one who recommened The Last Remnant) went out and bought Lost Odyssey. I was quite proud of that. :D

Anyway it's about time I posted in this thread I think. I got this game early and loved it but I was too focused on playing through the plot that I never stopped to think about learning new abilities, ring assembling, collecting seeds, and skill linking. I made it to disc 4 but I was majorly struggling so I decided to start again and play the game with the intent of being well prepared since I know the majority of the story - I won't be in know rush.

I'm also playing through with the intent of getting achievements. So far at the end of disc 3 I have got 3 new achievements that I never got in my first play through. Those being 'Thanks a Million' (inflict 1,000,000 damage points), 'True Warrior' (defeat 1000 enemies) and 'Skill Master Jansen' (Jansen learned all skills). I managed to find a place in disc 2 that I could just power up to level 50 as well as getting a lot of skill points for abilities which helped greatly since both Ming and Sarah at that point had almost nothing learned compared to Kaim and Seth. I was incredibly over powered but I am playing this game for achievements now and that's me got a lot of training out of the way for progressing the game.

Honestly I didnt really like the game. The battle system was ok but nothing really special. The story WAS amazing but the major plot twists happened to far and between to keep my interest and some parts just felt dragged out. My main problem, no form of a world map. That severly aggravated me. I honestly didnt think it was that great. Im waiting for Star Ocean 4 and FFXIII

I finally got the game yesterday and so far so good, although I don't know what I think about the Ring System yet. I can't seem to get a perfect on it, only 'Good'. Kaim's outfit irked me a lot, but that's not a big deal I guess. I must say that I enjoy reading his 'dreams'. Sure it's kinda long but there always seem to have a meaningful and special message in general. I love reading stuff like that - it's a bit emotional and the players do feel a bit sad if you really take the time and read through it. The music that accompanies the dreams really helps a lot too.

I've finally met Jensen for the first time and I'm about to meet up with what's-his-face...Gongora I think. Interesting story so far and I don't regret buying it.

Omg I got this game 3 days ago and I must say so far so good. I love This game and the cutscenes are really long. I find it pretty cool to have immortals and mortals. Immortals revive after a little if they die. Kaims dreams freakin interest me. I never skip anything like that. I just read and watch. As for the ring system Im starting to get the hang of it. But omg Im at Grand STAFF and That Snake is freakin hard!!!

I bought this game a couple weeks ago, and I have to say.. I absolutely love it! The music is awesome.. Nobuo Uematsu's doing! I'm currently on the 4th disc maxing out my party before I win the game. I want to milk it of its worth. So far, I don't have any complaints, either, except maybe the loading screens. You can tell they worked very hard on this game.

Jansen is my favorite character.. gotta love his little comments throughout the game.. like "Sir Bushy Eyebrows". Ming is probably my least favorite character besides Gongora. BUT, her and Jansen make a cute couple, hehe.

I love this game because its gone back to the old FF style where u got a boat and airship hopefully they'll make a number 2 some how ^^

Omg Fuck Xbow discs! Well here is the rant. The Ancient Ruins or whatever the Fuck its called has no save point where the fucking Ancient Fiend Boss is. There is only one save point in the Fucking dungeon. Anyways yeah my guys were leveling up so much in this place. Ok but luckily this game gives checkpoints if you lose on a boss. Ok I will say that I lost on the Fucking Ancient Fiend once. When I retried I beat this Fucking Bitch of an Ancient Fiend. But it appears that this boss was not hard for me. I got so lucky with only Sara left I beat this piece of Fuck because he only had 700 hp left. So yeah I was happy and all watching the video after this fucking hard boss who uses Reversal twice in a row and does 14000 Fucking damage! But you know what happened after all that fucking hard work. The Disc WAS Fucking Unreadable!!!!! I am now back too the first level of the Ancient Ruins with all my guys back to there Fucking original levels!!!

FUCK MY LIFE!!!!

Ok I came online just to post this.

I'm playing LO at the moment but had to pause it real quick to stop my heart from racing so fast. Something scared the shit out of me!

So I'm at the Sorceress' Mansion in the "Past" - you know, the place with the eerie tune? My cat even got scared when he heard the music and jumped on my lap.

But anyway, I have the lights turned off and I was thinking "Okay, music is creepy but I can deal with it." And so I did. As soon as I entered the mirror and arrived in the "Past", I went straight north, into another mirror...which led me back to the "Present", right inside that room that was supposed to be locked (right door) when you enter the mansion. I was about to unlock the door to the left and go back to the save point, but I thought I'd check out that hallway in up north since I saw a shimmering item on the floor. So I went there, picked it up, tried to enter the mirror but couldn't.

As soon as I start heading back, this freakin' weird laugh that sounded like a little boy echoes loudly down the hallway for about 7 seconds and I literally stood up from my position and held my breath the whole time! Jeezus, what kind of eff up RPG game is this?! I don't know what the hell that was but it was enough to send goosebumps all over! I'm afraid to go back and find out what that was all about.

In fact I might just turn off my XBox now since I've already saved it and everything.

the games not that hard,my bro beat it,to get secret achievements in the game is pretty hard or it could be.You need dlc to get more achievements by the way.

Ok I came online just to post this.

I'm playing LO at the moment but had to pause it real quick to stop my heart from racing so fast. Something scared the shit out of me!

So I'm at the Sorceress' Mansion in the "Past" - you know, the place with the eerie tune? My cat even got scared when he heard the music and jumped on my lap.

But anyway, I have the lights turned off and I was thinking "Okay, music is creepy but I can deal with it." And so I did. As soon as I entered the mirror and arrived in the "Past", I went straight north, into another mirror...which led me back to the "Present", right inside that room that was supposed to be locked (right door) when you enter the mansion. I was about to unlock the door to the left and go back to the save point, but I thought I'd check out that hallway in up north since I saw a shimmering item on the floor. So I went there, picked it up, tried to enter the mirror but couldn't.

As soon as I start heading back, this freakin' weird laugh that sounded like a little boy echoes loudly down the hallway for about 7 seconds and I literally stood up from my position and held my breath the whole time! Jeezus, what kind of eff up RPG game is this?! I don't know what the hell that was but it was enough to send goosebumps all over! I'm afraid to go back and find out what that was all about.

In fact I might just turn off my XBox now since I've already saved it and everything.

I hate that bit of the game where your in the Mansion it's so depressing
I never heard this sound though sure it was coming from the Tv? :unsure: :awesome:

I hate that bit of the game where your in the Mansion it's so depressing
I never heard this sound though sure it was coming from the Tv? :unsure: :awesome:

Yes it came from the game. -__-

And I don't like this part of the game as well - it's absolutely driving me insane. The monsters are kinda tough and I can't buy any items at a nearby town or anything. So I have to rely on save points or turning off my XBox to fully restore my HP and MP.

Hey Mits it scared me at first xD. Even more scary stuff lies ahead in the old sorceress mansion. As for the enemys they are cake just level up. Also Suki you have to move a statue somewhere to get further! You really have to be close to it! xD Keep at it <3

I never completed this game in the end my Disk 4 Didn't work...

I've heard from other people that Disk 4 on Lost odyssey is dodgy think i'll buy a new copy of the game soon

I finally made it out of the mansion, thank goodness. -Sighs- Another magic-user...Sarah. Seriously, I think this game relies way too much on magic and MPs, and not enough on Physical attacks. Kaim, Seth, and maybe Mack (although he's much weaker than the other two) are the only physical fighters. I actually only really use Mack for 'Shadow' but now that Sarah's on the picture, he and Cooke are on the sideline. So that leaves me with two physical fighters, and the rest are magic-users. I'm not happy with it...

Last edited:
Oh yes, magic is by far stronger in the game than physical attacks, simply by virtue of damage per character from magic and such. However, physical attackers are great to have to reduce the damage for the magic-users, who should be back row. It seems like their job is to protect the mages and provide some backing damage. However, with a particular weapon you acquire later in the game, Kaim becomes EXTREMELY powerful with physical attacks. On par with the magic users, or at least close if you ask me.

Back