XBox Lost Odyssey

What is Lost odyssey generally about? Is the gameplay any good? Also the story looks really cool. This looks like a game I would get though is it anything like final fantasy?

I can't awnsere the first question, because i can't think of a way to tell what it's about without ruining anything. LO is an excellent game. One of the best I've played in years. Also, I consider it to be one of Nobuo's best works. Its similair to FF in the sence that theres ultimate weaps, optional bosses, and an underground fighting arena a little similiar to the monster arena in FFX.

It's not the most difficult game ever, but i got stuck a few times.

I'm sure any fan of FF will enjoy LO.

Oh well so if it is like Final Fantasy I will probably buy it but there are such amazing games out there so I am not sure If I will buy lost odyssey. I am getting too many games tommorow lol.

Oh well so if it is like Final Fantasy I will probably buy it but there are such amazing games out there so I am not sure If I will buy lost odyssey. I am getting too many games tommorow lol.

Well in a way it is like Final Fantasy, but be warned though, quality-wise it leaves quite a bit to be desired. One has to remember that Sakaguchi's involvement in the Mistwalker games, is no where nearly as big as it was when he did Final Fantasy. What he does now basically, is think up a concept and a storyline, and have someone else make the game for him, with him acting as a consultant of sorts. With Square he oversaw and was responsible for every aspect of the Final Fantasy main series. So if you take that into consideration, I think you can see why this isn't quite as good as his Final Fantasy games. Don't get me wrong, it's still a decent JRPG, and still better than most other recent JRPG's. It's just not Final Fantasy.

Well in a way it is like Final Fantasy, but be warned though, quality-wise it leaves quite a bit to be desired. One has to remember that Sakaguchi's involvement in the Mistwalker games, is no where nearly as big as it was when he did Final Fantasy. What he does now basically, is think up a concept and a storyline, and have someone else make the game for him, with him acting as a consultant of sorts. With Square he oversaw and was responsible for every aspect of the Final Fantasy main series. So if you take that into consideration, I think you can see why this isn't quite as good as his Final Fantasy games. Don't get me wrong, it's still a decent JRPG, and still better than most other recent JRPG's. It's just not Final Fantasy.

Is that really a fair comparison though? I think it's just as good as any of the Final Fantasies, sure he might not have over seen the entire project, but in a way that was a good thing. If he would have it wouldn't have become what it is. It would have just became another FF. And also considering it was made by another company, I think its also fair to say that they did a job that can be compared to FF on an even playing field. But thta's just my thoughts so...

Really? I thought that it was subpar to Final Fantasy on pretty much every level. Apart from the musical score. Nobuo Uematsu did a brilliant job as always. The overall storyline was definitely up there as well, it just wasn't carried out particularly well by feelplus Inc. Graphically the game was far from impressive. It was stylistically schizophrenic and for a game running on the Unreal 3 Engine with a steady camera angle throughout the entire game, it certainly wasn't anything to write home about technically either.

I never felt that the concept of immortality was ever really exploited to its full potential either. In Kaim we have this character who has been alive for a thousand years. It's pretty much the perfect oppertunity to narrate a thousand years of this world's history through the eyes of one character. But instead of doing that we get served flash backs which are rarely ever placed at any known point in time. Nor do they explore any significant historical events in the game. And to add to that, most of it is screens of text accompanied by music. Personally I would have preferred short playable sequences or at the very least a little CGI.

If you think that's up to FF standards, then good for you. Atleast someone wasn't disappointed :P If you ask me though, Sakaguchi either has to start working full time again or find a team that is REALLY good if he is ever to come close to what he achieved at Square.

Really? I thought that it was subpar to Final Fantasy on pretty much every level. Apart from the musical score. Nobuo Uematsu did a brilliant job as always. The overall storyline was definitely up there as well, it just wasn't carried out particularly well by feelplus Inc. Graphically the game was far from impressive. It was stylistically schizophrenic and for a game running on the Unreal 3 Engine with a steady camera angle throughout the entire game, it certainly wasn't anything to write home about technically either.

I never felt that the concept of immortality was ever really exploited to its full potential either. In Kaim we have this character who has been alive for a thousand years. It's pretty much the perfect oppertunity to narrate a thousand years of this world's history through the eyes of one character. But instead of doing that we get served flash backs which are rarely ever placed at any known point in time. Nor do they explore any significant historical events in the game. And to add to that, most of it is screens of text accompanied by music. Personally I would have preferred short playable sequences or at the very least a little CGI.

If you think that's up to FF standards, then good for you. Atleast someone wasn't disappointed :P If you ask me though, Sakaguchi either has to start working full time again or find a team that is REALLY good if he is ever to come close to what he achieved at Square.

I actually enjoyed the flashbacks. I think if the yhad made it with a cutscene or making it playable would have taken away the imaginative aspect of it.

I do agree that it would have been batter for the story if the showed what had happened in those 1000 yrs. But they didn't and since they didn't i think they did a ver ygood job of making a story that is gripping and emotionaly attaching ( in my case anyway).

I was ver ypleased with the game overall. Ecpesially with the music. It made my top 5 OSTs almost instantly.

I loved this game, don't get me wrong, but I hate it with a passion at the same time.
Every damn battle i got into, the enemy ALWAYS attack whats her face...the other Immortal, umm...umm....she's tan...
Forgive me, i don't own the game anymore and I don't want to look around just for her name. but i hope you know who im talking about.
back OT, she was my strongest and they always went after her first.
It made me SO made.

And I don't know if anyone pointed this out yet, but while still on Disc 1, remember that battle against the giant machine in that one harbor town?
Doesnt that remind you of Final Fantasy VIII missle silo battle on Disc 3?
I laughed so hard through the whole battle.

Hmmm perhaps you 're talking about Ming there ;)

Well there goes my opinion about the game:

Lost Odyssey was incredible.

That game was so good that could step in Final Fantasy series no doubt.
It could be a part of the series!
Amazing characters, a really interesting plot, a good storyline, a great world, amazing battle sequences, and 1080/1100 gamerscore(Man that Treasure Trove is driving me insane >_<)

Apart from all that what doesn't make it quite a Final Fantasy is a couple of things.

Where are the Summons and the Limit Breaks :P ?

I'm gonna repeat it again, with everybody being lvl99 so it would be easier!

I'm up to the last level, because this game is rather hard for me. I've been playing Halo instead lately. I do remember the story, though. One of the first I've seen to actually involve a full family, so that was a pleasant surprise.

(but the children made me facepalm SO MUCH sometimes)

Yeah, even though they are cool ... i kinda hate them :wacky:

Stupid kids
Had to take that f***** train just to mess around the whole party >_<
and i really hate Cooke....

Mack can kick her ass anytime :P

Ok is this game really that good because it got sort of fair ratings but still its an rpg that I might get but I am already getting 2 games in march so chances are I probably will not buy it.

It's a pretty standard traditional JRPG, pretty graphics.

Ohmigod Mack.
WHY WOULD YOU GO TO THE DARK DARK CAVE BY YOURSELF. CAN I KILL HIM PLEASE? HE'S IN MY WAY TO THE SECOND DISK.

I disliked their tendency to
COMPLETELY HALT MY VENTURE TO BIGBADGUY BECAUSE OF CHILD FOOLISHNESS
, but I still found them okay asiiiiide from that.

A very far aside.

Ok is this game really that good because it got sort of fair ratings but still its an rpg that I might get but I am already getting 2 games in march so chances are I probably will not buy it.

F*** the ratings :P

Seriously don't ever give a damn about the ratings on any review that has to do around Music/Videogames/Movies/Whatever.

Just read the review and make your own rating whatsover ;)

I will fully suggest you to get your hands on Lost Odyssey if you could :)
You won't regret it if you 're a big time Final Fantasy or JRPG (JRPG?! Man i wish those times that this term didn't exist come back) fan you 'll most propably enjoy it untill every last minute of it :)

I'm enjoying this game! Love the dreams as well (don't mind reading) seriously some of those stories were tear jerker s LOL

I read the ratings as well (IGN mainly), but I also read reader reviews and from that decided to get it the day it came out. Def. not worth the review some people are giving it.

atm I'm on the 4th disk near the end, just levelling up. I think the story was a bit jumpy at times, but still thoroughly enjoyed it

i'm currently on disk 4 right at the end all i have to do is go whop some gongora arse and i'm done i've beat all optional bosses as well love the holy beast, and levler is the best spell EVER!!!

I still need to beat this damn game. I'm on disk 4 as well but I'm at the part where I have to face those 4 moving beasts who are about to attack that Harbor city. I keep trying to put them all asleep and defeat them one at a time, but they keep waking up and walking all over my guys.

My party is only level 50ish. Still need some leveling up to do.

Higher than me, and I'm at just before Gongora. Do you have the Fireproof ability? That helped out a lot with those four things.

Fireproof? I think so. I have every accessory available up to this point in the game except one where I had to catch that damn Penguin. So I'm pretty sure I have it. I didn't even remember those Dinosaur things attacking with fire. Hmmmm...

Back