XBox Lost Odyssey

Thank goodness I got it from Amazon. I forgot to mention it was used, but I've gotten used games from them before and never had a problem! I figured because they sold it so early after its release that they didn't like it, the same way I bought DMC4. oh well...

the parts I did get to play, however, were enjoyable! It only took me 3 minutes to master the ring system. and graphics are great.

Just got it this friday along with an Xbox 360, but I haven't started playing before today, and I am already stuck at the first boss Grilgan haha. I'm not very far, so I haven't formed a proper opinion as of yet, but so far I am enjoying it.

The graphics are a bit bland in comparison with other games running on the Unreal Engine 3, but the design more or less makes up for that imo.

Takk, Ive deleted your post has it brought nothing to the topic.

Anyway, I know many people on the final disk now, but they have flown through it. Im still start of disk 2!

When I got the game guide the day before the game was released I looked like it was a really short game even with the 4 disks it would have. but its lengthiness is from all the dang reading and cinimatics. It just really slow paced, wish it was faster and less of the run go through check point and more talking

Hrm, I haven't had any money to buy it, but hopefully I can try it out soon.

I just hope my brother will let me borrow his 360.... I just really wish they had it for Playstation, or even Wii. Just not XBox.

theres a myth

there a myth going around where i live about the game play being like FFXII does anyone know if this is true

there a myth going around where i live about the game play being like FFXII does anyone know if this is true

Absolutely not. If anything, this is more comparable to the Final Fantasy games made by Sakaguchi himself. I haven't played it for very long, but so far it seems like a natural continuation from where he left off with FFX. Especially concerning the visual side of the game.

Yeah, if anything this game is more like FFX than any others. It actually includes many features from other FF's as well.

I believe the battle system is most like FFX with the turn-based system.

The leveling up is more like FFVIII's where you only need 100 EXP to level up again, but everytime you face a similar enemy you gain less and less EXP.

The learning skills from accessories is like FFIX in a way where you had to equip something in order to gain AP for it and eventually learn the skill.

Lost Odyssey.. Great game! I'm at the Black cave, 2nd disc. It reminds a bit of Shadow Hearts: Covenant and Final Fantasy X. First I wasn't sure to get it because of all the bad reviews but I'm glad I have. This game is one of the best I have played this year. The dreams you get are really beautiful, really. When I first read 'Hannah's Department', I was like wow, but I think 'Little Liar' is really good. The music and backgrounds, and even text effects really come in well and make the experience much better.

...Best game this year so far.

I seriously need to get more into this game. I started off all gung-ho about it and flew through the first part, but it's been almost 2 months now and I'm only on Disc 3. I just got through the Ice Cavern and am in Gohtza now looking for the King.

It's a great game, but wow it goes slow, then something cool hits, then the story gets slow again.

Just... play on. It's worth it. Definately.

I seem to have a .. minor problem however. When I want to battle in the Backyard, my game freezes. Better said; it froze. Now it doesn't even play the fourth disc. 'Unreadable'.

Damnit.

I'm not sure if you have a previous save before that available, but if you do, can you re-load it and play from earlier in the disc or on a previous disc?

No idea... but I did love this game. As Busta said, the plot did slow to a halt at the weirdest points and it really got annoying sometimes. However, when the game was in high gear, it was pretty awesome.

My favorite part of this game, without a doubt, is the flashback memories. There's almost no musical accompaniment, no voices, and only a very few noises to drive the text... but man are they deep and sad. Some of those really hit me hard. I can count the number of times I've cried in my life on one hand... but that game got me misty! Holy cockblaster on venus... they're sad.

Here is "In the Mind of a Captive" as an example... (starts about 55 seconds in)

I absolutely love this game!!! The story is good, the battle system is great ( even that extra damage angers-up-the-blood ring system) the music is immense and it was written by Hironobu Sakaguchi!! L-l-l-l-l-love Lost Odyssey!!!!:highfive::cassy:

i agree this is a great game i my self am on the forth diskat the end and i just dont want to beat it i want to finish every thing first

I'm actually pretty close to the end of this game, but I'm of course spending time leveling up my characters and trying to get my party to learn as many skills as possible.

I'm at the part where you have to stop the 4 Dinosaur thingers from reaching the Island and you have to put them asleep while you defeat one at a time or something. I tried it once and everyone jsst ran right over my characters.

use i think it's a fire spell thats what i did wiped them easily but my chars were level 65-70

[Mod Edit: Can we get some more effort in your posts, please? Cheers.]

Last edited by a moderator:
Having played a bit further into the game now, I am not really as hot on this game as I was when I first got it. It's not a horrible game or anything, but it doesn't really come close to the brilliance of Sakaguchi's Square titles.

I remember this game. Good times. Gongora was a little pansy. Gotta say though, the music in the cut scene when your going up the tower, is pretty epic. This deifinetly in my top 5 RPGs.

Back