XBox Lost Odyssey

Oh, it will be as good as you hope. Especially if you like Final fanta...>_> I forgot where I am there for a bit.

No, in all seriousness, purely wonderful game. First game I bought for my 360 and I was really not regretting it. Character designs by my favorite manga artist, music by the Nobuo himself...Ah, grand.

A nice turn based fighting system like most final fantasies. Long involving story, challenging battles.

Brings to life some interesting elements of RPGs that aren't often elaborated on, like mass revivification during large scale battles, or the whole how humans got magic. I found it very fascinating.

The game has finally arrived and I love it! Kaim reminds me very much of a cross between Auron and Squall, and I wasnt too keen on Tara Strong providing the voice of Seth. She seemed more Paine material to me, but shes growing on me. Jansen has me in fits of laughter and I love the transport cars, they so remind me of FF8 transport.

The opening is fantastic and its so like a movie, truly amazing game.

The battle system and map remind me of FFX.

And does anyone know if the cutscenes are avaialbe to watch cause I cant keep having saved files on my 360 of them lol!

Last edited:
So Lost Odyssey gets the thumbs up around here? I have seen quite mixed reviews of it out there, and especially the voice acting has received some harsh words, but is it really good?

IMO theres nothing wrong with this game. I tend not to listen to reviews as at the end of the day, its your choice if you want to give it a go.

I tend to look to reviews just to get an idea of whether a game is actually any good or not. I don't see them as the absolute truth, but it is still nice to have something to go from. Console games are crazy expensive, so I like to research as much as possible before I buy.

Same here, but if you like the look of the game and it sounds like it appeals to you, then get it. If not, then take it back.

I however am so happy for getting my mitts on this game and I found my fav scene so far! Jansen drunk rofl! Seth is awesome in this scene! Swoo!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q50FK2rK0BU&feature=related

And found the trailer that I watched daily cause Im such a fan of it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3w1Ry4NbPcc

Also, heres my cover version of the game that was also released in Japan. Not sure about America:

lost_odyssey_japon.jpg

And heres the one for Europe.

Lost_Odyssey.jpg

I have the Europe cover, but I think I prefer yours and Japans'. That way it could blend right in with my Vagabond volume. =]

I don't know why everyone complains about the voice acting really, I didn't notice anything terribly wrong. Except maybe Cooke reminding me a bit of Lil from the Rugrats. That's tolerable though

Sweet, this is sounding good! I'm even more looking forward to it now. Only a few more days to go. It has my favourite music composer and if it has the same sort of battle style and such as Final Fantasy X, I'm all up for that, I enjoyed the FFX system and map ^_^

Whoop!

Yeah, Im currently struggling with the second boss. 5 hours in already and Im trying to take him down, but its not working! Grr!

Yeah, Im currently level 17, so looks like I'll have to do some leveling up. But what Ive noticed is that random battles are few.

I've been seeing the commercial for this game and now I have the damn song in my head...

I was actually afraid this game might flop, but from what I've been reading, it's a good game. So, I've decided to order it...

...and...there!

I've placed the order. It should be here by next week! I can't wait!:D

i got this game 2 days ago its really good and the battle system is really good

this is a game worth buying:)

I purchased the guide to help me out the other day and Im praying I havent missed alot of stuff out as I had this a week prior to UK release. Ive unlocked afew achievements and determined to get to the end of disk 1 maybe this week.

There was one scene that really got to me and thats when
Kaim is reunited with his dying duaghter. I was in tears and the scene moved me so much.
Now not many games can do that to me lol!

I got onto disk 2 last night, however my mate purchased the game on Friday and is already on disk 3! But I think hes just flying through the game and not getting all items or all Kaims dreams.

Im currently 12 hours in and level 20, except Mack, hes only 17 lol!

The Dreaded White Ring

So I just got Lost Oddesy today. I was looking forward to some good RPG action, so I took disc 1 out and took a look at the disc. What I saw was a thick white ring around the disc! I put it in the 360 to see if it would effect the gameplay and just as I suspected, the game froze! I cleaned it and tried again and it froze again at a further point in the game. I'm returning it back to Amazon to get another one but did anyone else face this problem?

Can't say I've heard of anything like this before. I was thinking of getting lost odyssey the other day, but to hear of this...well I'll just be careful if I do get it. Stretching my money as is, ya know?

I'll go check if there's a press release about this somewhere...Might just be a singular/batch error.

IMO its better then some of the FF titles. Its beyond stunning and truly great piece of video gaming.

Hope you didnt get it from Game lol. They can be complete dicks when it coes to returning stuff. But no, I imported mine and mid battles, the controller disconnects which is a bitch.

Get it returned and Im mergeing this with the LO thread.

Back