Which Black Waltz is your favorite?

• Black Waltz no. 1

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • Black Waltz no. 2

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • Black Waltz no. 3

Votes: 35 74.5%

• Total voters
Well you coulda add a poll for this, but whatever :cool:.
My favourite was Black Waltz 1. because he could summon Sealion, and if you defeat that Sealion, Waltz 1. creates another one.

Waltz three, just because he was more bad ass and persistent. Shame they were only about for a short time as I wouldn't have minded them being a reoccurring boss throughout the rest of the game. Or maybe have Kuja develop a more advanced version on a later disc to fight or sommit.

3 was my favorite, he was the meanest of the bunch. After he wiped out those black mages on the cargo ship I couldn't help but hate him and want to kill him, and those are always the best kinds of villains.

Plus he got kinda creepy once he went haywire, which added to his coolness.

*Added a poll to this thread*

I liked no. 3 the best. He was the most persistant and the most badass. And of all the Black Waltzes I'm pretty sure he was the one that caused the most damage. He killed many of the black mages on that air ship and he is also responsible for the Lindblum gate being destroyed.

NO. 3 definefly. He tried so much harder for the kill than the others!!! That kind of persistance has to be rewarded ^_^. Plus the whole killing mage's part was a kewl FMV

I liked number 3 the best, since he was a persistant bugger, and was actually in an FMV. And, he was the most difficult of the 3, and I like a challenge ^_^

As a boss, he blew; but I can't help but like Black Waltz 1.

He could summon infinite Sealions, can create blizzards at will subsequently killing victims - but not after sending them to sleep beforehand, and... well he damn well almost killed everyone before the game really started.

As a boss, he blew; but I can't help but like Black Waltz 1.

He could summon infinite Sealions, can create blizzards at will subsequently killing them - but not after sending them to sleep beforehand, and... well he damn well almost killed everyone before the game really started.

He could summon infinite sealions? O_O I so did not know he could do that, I always killed him before the sealion. That makes him more impressive then. He was also creepier than the other two Waltzes...

I'm assuming infinite anyway. I always nail him first because my main goal during the fight [other than to... you know... win] is to steal Mythril Dagger - having him in the fray only reduces the amounts of turns I can Steal with.

If you kill Sealion, he'll summon another. And another. And another etc. It could possibly be limited, but I've read nothing about that to date.

I'm assuming infinite anyway. I always nail him first because my main goal during the fight [other than to... you know... win] is to steal Mythril Dagger - having him in the fray only reduces the amounts of turns I can Steal with.

I do the same :elmo:

If you kill Sealion, he'll summon another. And another. And another etc. It could possibly be limited, but I've read nothing about that to date.

I'm about to start a new file, so methinks I'll try that. That just raises new questions about what kind of powers Black Waltz 1 has though...like...where does he even summon sealions from? They're not encountered anywhere else in the game...so does he just create them or what? :confused:

Can I change my answer and say Black Waltz 1 is my favorite now? He's become more interesting :neomon:

He's also the only Black Waltz with 9999 MP, as opposed to the others' 3000-ish amount. It's possible that summoning Sealion tolls on his MP - hence the vast amount - but there's no way of finding this out unless you tank your way through the fight. Good luck with that btw. ;p

I'll change the vote count now.

He's also the only Black Waltz with 9999 MP, as opposed to the others' 3000-ish amount. It's possible that summoning Sealion tolls on his MP - hence the vast amount - but there's no way of finding this out unless you tank your way through the fight. Good luck with that btw. ;p

I'll change the vote count now.

Orly? I never payed attention to his MP amount...that's kinda weird. And I can tank my way through that fight no sweat, I take my sweetass time stealing anyway. I tend to powerlevel in the Evil Forest :neomon:

Hellz yeah, Black Waltz 1 needs sum moar luvin :wacky:

I voted number two because I prefer that number over three and one. Pssh. Three? What kind of number is that?
And one, as we all know is the loneliest number, and if that number is so damn lonely, why would I pick it?

Anyway, I know who three and one are and neither of them interest me. Was number two the one in the field?
That'd be mighty disappointing.

2 had nothing to him. Sure, they all had the whole "retrieve the Princess" shizzle [which, I might add, Black Waltz 1 clearly had no incentive in doing], but 2 was there and then - he exemplified very little 'personality' that the others did.

Much the robot of the trio.

2 had nothing to him. Sure, they all had the whole "retrieve the Princess" shizzle [which, I might add, Black Waltz 1 clearly had no incentive in doing], but 2 was there and then - he exemplified very little 'personality' that the others did.

Much the robot of the trio.

Now that you mention it....it's kind of odd the first Black Waltz solely wanted to kill them all. I wonder if Zorn and Thorn screwed up in the programming for it?

As far as we're aware, the blizzard he summons sends people to sleep. This could be indication of 'programming' that enforced the use of this blizzard before capturing the Princess. However due to his dialogue with Zidane ["you should be dead"], this indicates otherwise.

... probably a fault then. Stupid developers ruining our games. >=[

Yar, I looked up the script and it just sounds like he wants them dead. So that leaves us with three possibilities:

1. Zorn and Thorn programmed it wrong
2. Brahne totally forgot she needed Garnet alive for the summons
3. Lazy developers

Back