Which Black Waltz is your favorite?

• Black Waltz no. 1

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • Black Waltz no. 2

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • Black Waltz no. 3

Votes: 35 74.5%

• Total voters
No. 3 was pretty BA, in my opinion. His fight/plot was the most interesting, and he had the best wardrobe. Shame he didn't get more face time. :|

2 was the one you couldn't use fire against or he would counter attack with fira and bring your characters down to almost no hp.

Not sure which sequence it is, but the one that attacks the airship and the monumental image of Vivi casting Fira, or Flare, or whatever occurs. I'm pretty sure that's a Black Waltz he's casting it on, but the way the battles ends is my favorite of them all.

I like Black Waltz 3 - the FMV before you fight it where the Black Mages try to protect Vivi and are killed is pretty sad, and afterwards when you're being chased by it is a thrilling FMV.

Plus I love Steiner's exasperation after beating the third one "How many Black Waltzes do we have to fight?!" - always cracks me up, as it kind of mirrored my own reaction when I first played it.

Id have to say Black Waltz No.3 is my favorite, he seems the most powerful and the most insane. He is also the only Black Waltz to come back for a second helping.

i'd say.....Black Waltz 1
he was fun to fight and the sealions are awesome(i say sealions cause when i first played i was stupid enough to keep killing them)
plus it was a solo battle, i love those.....

I enjoyed defeating #3 after the slaughter of the Blackmages.. what an upsetting scene. ;_; :vivi:

But seriously, was I the only one royally freaked out by the character design for the Black Waltz? Not as scary as Zorn and Thorn, but still.

Kind of a silly question to ask but everyone has different opinions as for me definetely the persistant number 3

I didn't really like any of them. All three of them were weak bastards with stupid tricks that didn't work.:neomon:

I voted for Number 3. He was more of a beast than the other 2 and put up more of a fight than the others did. And he caused more destruction in the game than 1 and 2.

Black Waltz No. 3, of course.

His determination just shines so brightly compared to the others who died right after the party killed them.

He chased Zidane and Garnet from Dali, destroyed their ship and mages, threw the twins overboard and took over their plane, crashed to the big brick gates, then hopelessly crawled until the rails going to Alexandria. (or was that Lindblum? I'm not sure)

Talk about work obsession. :neomon:

Last edited:
Which Black Waltz is your favourite? My favourite is no.2

I voted for Black Waltz 2 simply because he could teleport, however in terms of the coolest(but not my favorite) i give that to number 3, simply because he made dual appearances.

Number 1 was ok, but his bell was kind of annoying, but I did enjoy the Mythril Dagger i stole from Sea-Lion :D.

- Kuja

Last edited:
No. 3 of course, he was the most sinister and evil of the bunch.

MOD EDIT

Please put more effort into your post. One liners are considered spam. Why do you think No 3 was the most evil?

Last edited by a moderator:
no.1 he could summon sealions :)

MOD EDIT

Please put more into your post. One liners are considered spam.

No3 because he was a real badass ;)

MOD EDIT

Please put more effort into your post. One liners are considered spam. Why do you thing No3 was a badass?

I voted 3, but I feel that all 3 Black Waltz were very powerful and menacing villains. THe only thing is that BW1 and BW2 didn't have much of a chance to show themselves, whereas BW3 was obviously a little more powerful (or lucky) to have survived the first confrontation, destroyed the Black Mages on the ship (which BW2 may have done if he'd not perished soon beforehand). I thik the fact that BW3 seemed to keep surviving and would not give up puts him a little bit above the other 2, but I liked them all.

Back