Why do you RP?

I actually started because I wanted to get a story for making a game, but it never launched. I was really dragged into the story though, someone bailed out just as the rp started so I took the character :XD:

But now I rp because it's like having powers and being able to things you can't, but all at the same time that its not you. Also like living in a different world, but most of all, I write a lot, and it's a whole different experience when righting like this. I often think of every individual rp as a story, and it isn't like normal like I already said, but it's so different and innovative, that I really enjoy the changing factors really.

I got into RPing because, well to be honest, I found myself a great deal of the time not having anything to do, just looking for something to keep myself occupied.

Only reason I never got into RPing a lot sooner is because I didn't think I'd have what it takes to RP at an accept level of...skill, for lack of a better word.

And of course there was then this character in my head; Crimson Wolf. I put my mind to work and conjured up a whole good length Bio for him, including an image for his appearance, getting into RPing would allow me to further bring my character to life, I thought I'd at least give it a try, see how it goes.

I'd say in any RPs that really hold my interest strongly, I put quite a bit into and do reasonably well for being relatively new to RPing, and it was finally something I could enjoy doing to pass the hours of the days.

I also got into writing more seriously, so my hobby, outside of if you could count being on the Internet and playing Video Games, it would be writing (which still, I do on the computer anyways, just don't have to be online. :P).

RPing made things more exciting for me, I guess what it really all comes down to is that I wanted to also have a way to more so interact with the members of this community, and in a way cooperate with them and such through certain scenarios in RPs, it'd just be an overall fun experience for everyone.

And of course, it is a good escape from stressful real life, jump into some fantasy world with my own created character( s! Can't forget his sister Sophia. ;) ), it has been nice, and I don't have any regrets about getting into Role Playing, it has been a great experience. ^_^

I think, like a lot of people, that I roleplay because it's a form of creative escapism. I can get away from my everyday life where there isn't any magic (at least, no magic I can talk about freely ;) just kidding!) or monsters or dragons. And, since I like to rp characters from games I like, I can write out scenes that I wish I could've seen in the games!

Interesting thread. Alrighty let's dance.

I RP because it was a favour from someone. Someone who I really care for and admire who helped me out in a ditch at one point. To RP is like exploring worlds of our creation, and to indulge in such world is magnificent so far.

My habit of creating alot of characters span from the fact that I want to create something new and unique to one character because I get bored and my attention span loses interest if I stay focused in 1 character Only. I tend to use 4 or 3 if permission is granted.

I am a very normal guy off grid, but writing stories, which is basically an RP to me is one of my foremost hobbies. I tell girls and guys about it all the time and I get shifty looks but I embrace it and it is well adored by others in the long long run. In short, I thank my friend for introducing me to the RP world and letting me be someone or tell the story of someone within a universe.

I RP mostly because I have a couple of fantastic creative muses in members on this forum who let me bounce ideas off them...and then pester me to make those ideas a reality. I RP because I have waaaaay too many ideas, and it's fun to see what people can add to them with their own. Plus it gives me something to do, and a reason to check the forum at half-five in the morning on my iPod when I've literally just woken up and am not even out of bed yet. xD

I don't really have the patience, motivation or intelligence needed to write novels either: I just have a lot of good ideas. I guess one of the reasons I RP is to give me ideas some sort of form, because just having ideas and doing nothing about it is frustrating, to say the least.

Well, if I were to answer this question, I would also have to remind myself first of the difference between simple novel-writing and RPing. RPing is of course, the delegation of your literary input and actions to your own invented or unoriginal rewritten characters, interacting with the rest of the world through their eyes. It is also the chance (and in some cases, perhaps the necessity) to interact with other participants and to collaborate with them on where to take your respective characters forward and ultimately how to advance the RP itself. If I wanted to just write a novel, I would be dictating everything, which at first seems an immediate advantage, but often or not I like to see and work with the ideas of other people. It's certainly a far more interesting edge to creative writing that admittedly up until the beginning of the short-lived FFXIII RP, I have never done before.

Yes, and there's also the fact that RPing gives me something else to do on the site whenever nothing else is happening apart from CoDbox and gif spamming. Like I said before, the opportunity to share ideas with people is certainly a big attraction. One RP idea may bring in around 10 people and each of them bring in their own ideas and it's interesting to see how they mesh and interact with each other. Heck, other people's ideas may even inspire you to pursue along a different direction that you perhaps never had in mind earlier. Sometimes the well does run dry and having other people come in with their ideas can be very beneficial. The best thing is, if you enjoy creative writing, this is what RPing is about anyway - creating and developing your own character(s) and their stories. Furthermore, working and getting to know with members that perhaps you've never spoken to before is also a big plus.

I prefer to be the 'master' or creator of the RP world. The possibilities are endless. I haven't done an RP in a long time, but when I did it was to pseudo-realize the world I have stored in my head. It granted me a form of freedom.

I role play because it is enjoyable, neat, fun, and thrilling. It also gets me away from the real world for a bit when I create characters or be canon characters for awhile, it brings me to try and feel them out in a way and be creative.

role playing is an imagination outlet. i love the ability to create a character and give them a world to live in and interact with everyone else's creations as well. its a fun thing. and as an artist its the best feeling sharing my ideas with everyone else.

Why do I roleplay??? Honestly, it's the first time I've ever actually had that question come to mind. In the most basic of explainations, I roleplay to further my own drive for creation: I look at roleplays as a giant brainstorming cauldron- people throw in ideas and make something interesting, and wonderful. Sadly, there's been a dry spell of mixing for myself lately, mainly due to a lack of people to confer, and smash ideas with(I'm a shy guy,always have been).

And as a result, I don't really have a drive for roleplay anymore. I'd love to get back into it, but it's after dying down everywhere: It's pretty hard to actually get into a group and really talk about roleplay, with the hierarchy of "Weak, Average, experienced and Vet's" that's pretty rampant online(I'd probably fit into an "Average Vet" spot- been rp'ing since I was 12/13, back in '05).

I still get some enjoyment from it, but not as much as I want.

Writing and Creating stories in my head has always been something Ive done. Music always seems to make it easier for me to write. Like previous users have said, RP's have no limits. I can be what Ive always wanted to be. Ive attemped multiple times to create a story, but it never seems to be finished. Allowing someone else, someone else with their own ideas to create the story with you is what interests me.

To role-play is to shed my life in this world in order to step into another, even if it's temporarily. It is a way for my inner warrior to unite with others. Our inner flames merge together into a wildfire of combat, misadventure, passion, and fellowship. Through role-playing, I am able to see into the souls of my fellow writers. See into their psychosis. See how they think. See how they would react to the most devastating mistakes. This is a more intimate way to connect to other people and get to know each other.

Basically, this is how it feels to be submerged in our artificial realm:

These flames never truly die out. I may have had a hiatus here and there, but I have been role-playing for about a decade now.

Back