Sign's Of Fate-RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Death Stalker

Death's Shadow
Gil
Crane was walking towards his next destination the merchant city of Veo, when he stopped due to a rustling in the leaves behind him, as he turned he saw a note attached to the tree directly behind him, the note said "Get out of this forest it belongs to the spirit of Baluse", Crane thought this to be a crude prank by one of the merchant kids, but as he turned round he came face to face with his worst nightmare, a group of bandits,who revealed themselves to him as Marche and Frien who claimed to have been hired by CCA corps to stop him from reaching the city and recruiting help, to rise against them. "Well lets get busy" screams Crane as he reaches for his Katana...

(here is where you can step in)

Last edited:
The rush of the winds, the hustle of the leaves and the clash of blades below and east was not enough to even gently disturb Adells stance. The branch he was perched on did not move an inch. Gently reaching behind him, he methodically unclips the 7 clasps holding his rifle to his back. Unwittingly allowing the gun to fall, Adell suddenly wakes up, fractically trying to grab the gun while hugging the tree as if it were a lifeline. With a frozen face of both fear and humiliation, he looks around to see if anyone saw. He pulls himself up, and dusts himself down. Regaining his ego, he whips up the scope, almost jabbing his eye out. He breathes deeply. He follows the wind... and he softly squeezes the trigger...

Last edited:
Crane froze as he saw a glint of metal in a tree high above him and to the west of him, as a rifle bullet sped through the air and embedded itslef in Crane's left arm,"Thanks alot" Crane yelled as he was bundled by the two assassins."I really needed a gunshot to help me fight" Crane growls as he wrestles himself into a position where he was wedged between the two of them holding his sword and one of the assassins blades to each of there throats.That was enough to make them give up and run away in agony at the fact they had been beaten.

Looking back to the canopy from where the rifle bullet came from he shouted "Come down here and talk to me, dont be afraid".

Frowning at the fact that this guy had just got in the way of a perfectly good headshot, he reloaded the rifle, and squinted.
"Get in the way of my scope of justice, will you?"
As he pulled the trigger, he heard a muffled 'Click'. As his eye's fell into a dry expression, he threw the gun to the ground, and pulled out his .44 calibre pistol, he jumps down and buckles under his own weight, at a poor attempt at being graceful. Walking towards the gentle voice, with his gun held high and horizontal, he takes a few steps at a time before leaping behind the nearest tree. Finally hearing what the voice had to say, he replies
" No YOU come talk to ME "
His stubborness and less than mature behaviour doesn't let off in the best of times...

Last edited:
"what the hell" Growled Crane "no you come here, cause im sorting my gunshot out that you caused, ASSHOLE"

"Damnit!"
While Adell thinks of an actual reason for him to go towards the angry voice at which he fired, he double checks that the pistol is actuallly loaded. He shrugs it off, and thinks to himself "He's got no chance against Ifrit". Kissing the barrell, he cautiously walks into the opening, and points the barell right at the voice's face.
"Look, man, you just got in the way of a kill that I desperately need, I just lost a whole loada cash in Veo, and that guy's equipment coulda paid for that bullet I just plowed into your arm" He says calmly, and informally while clutching to a second pistol's trigger on his lower back.

"put that .44 calibre pistol away would you and help me to my feet" Growls Crane at the fact the stranger has drawn a gun on an unarmed oppenent."i may have some spare money for you, back at the hotel"

Releasing his grasp on the second pistol, he lowers the first slowly.
"Well... I prefer to go through random things that these bandits have, so you're out of lu-" He stops mid sentence when he see's the glint of a katana beside the gunshot victim. Amazed by the fact that these thugs ran from a wounded man without even being harmed by a shimmering blade like that, he aids the man to his feet
"Say, traveller, where you heading?" Adell continues to stare at the blade in curiousity, but quickly averts his eyes in case he was seen looking at it.

"look all you want, that blade was passed on to me by my father on his death bed, and dont call me traveller, call me Crane" Crane says through gritted teeth at the pain he was experiencing. "what did you do with that bullet before loading it into your rifle because its like no other rifle shot ive felt".

Last edited:
((OOC: I just realised that Adell forgot to pick up his gun, lets just pretend he did to save time))

Laughing at the prospect of admiration of his gunning abilities, he pulls out his springfield and points to a small stone in the centre of the scope's lens
"See that? It's called Materia" Adell licks the tip of his thumb and rubs the stone. It glows a faint yellow.
"Some people think that this specific materia enchances the bullet through a chemical bond, but i still think its a magic beyond our own understanding" Spinning around in an attempt to find ammunition, his eyes light up when he finds some of the right calibre, evidently dropped by the assassins. He hastily loads the gun, and raises the rifle, pointing to a distant tree
"Normally, bullets of this kind cannot pass through a tree effectively, let alone cause damage to it" He pulls the trigger slowly, blasting a 6 inch hole in the base of the foliage.
"This one's a deathblow materia, i spent all my money on it, but it's usually worth it with this stuff... obviously, i didnt use all my energy on that shot on you, if i did... you'd know about it" Replacing the Rifle, but removing the glimmering gem, Adell holds it out to Crane, and looks at the katana suggestively...

"is this for me" Crane asks suggestively towards the stranger "say whats your name", after he had taken the glittering gem,"how do i equip it to my weapon."

"My name is Adell, and sure, keep it, I planned on getting more in the next city anyway, plus theres like 100 rounds of bullets here, thanks to you scaring off those thugs" He says as he picks up the stray ammunition.
"Equiping materia is simple, just press the stone into a specific point in the weapon or clothing, or even you, yourself. It should just phase into it. Getting it out is easy too, there's usually a small piece that sticks out, just press that in with your finger tip, and it'll pop straight out"
After completing the bullet collection, he begins to climb a tree to scout around for a place to rest and restock. At this point, it sinks into Adell's mind that he just gave materia to a guy he just shot, that happens to have a very painful-looking sword...

"thanks for the description on how to use it" Crane grunted as he used the assassins blade to dig the bullet out.
In the blood snaking from the wound came a dull yellow glowing liquid aswell an after effect of the deathblow power in the materia.

"were you going ???" Shouted Crane to the stranger "say whats your name stranger, if you come with me into the city ill help you to get some money and a room for the night as long as you promise to become my apprentice"

"I told you my name, It's Adell" Adell says without looking down. The thought of the Champion of Yeet village becoming an Apprentice made him think more about his life...
"sure, i'll be your apprentice..." He mumbles under his breath, not really paying attention to the question, his eyes widen when he realises that this could be just what he needs to finally find Jassu...
"Sure, I'll Be Your Apprentice" Adell shouts eagerly, scrambling down the tree too fast, landing on his back. As he stands up and dusts himself off, he pats all his pockets
"Darn, where did i put it..."

"put what"Asked Crane inquisitively "this better not be a trick Adell or you will have to face a cold alley for the nights sleep." as they made there way into the city of veo they saw crowds of people huddled into tightly knitted crowds around different merchants stalls selling cheap but good quality brand names, and young children huddled around the only materia sellers stall. Crane would usually have just walked passed the materia merchant but today he stopped and opened his money pouch and pulled out a 10000 krill note and said "i'd like all the materia you have".

Last edited:
Catching sight of the exchanging of money and materia, Adell reaches into his shirt pocket instinctively
"Oh, here it is... So I better go... That way..." Walking down an alleyway, Adell disappears into the mist, leaving Crane to fend for himself, against rogue traders and petty muggers.

"ADELLLLL, whered you go Adell" Growled Crane as he raised the sack full of materia over his shoulder.Crane decided to check into the hotel before going to look for Adell.

The mist was thickening as Adell met the begining of a tunnel, and there was still no sign of Jassu... Muggers and gang members are common in this area, and even Adell knew it. Closed spaces aren't his forté and to top it off, the density of the mist wouldn't allow ranged firing, it was his ultimate nightmare. A low voice echos from front and back, incoherently at first, but gradualy builds structure. They were chanting, no, war crying. It wasn't clear if there were multiple voices or one reverberating across the walls, but Adell didn't like it at all.
"Show yourself!" He calls into the void. A few stray shots with his pistol halts the silence... The calm didnt last long before he felt the earth shake, and a large silhouette grew from behind him...

Crane was walking down the dark misty alley way towards where he thought he saw a glimpse of Adell and then he heard two too three gunshots and Crane started sprinting toward the source, as he did so he stumbled over a rock and knocked himself clean out. he just hoped that someone had heard him yelp with pain before knocking himself out.

Backing away from the Beast before him, Adell fired a few more shots. Nothing. Not even a scratch. The monsters wide flat jaw and abnormally long arms suggested to Adell that this was a creature seen very rarely in these parts. It was over thrice his size, still a baby, and taking up nearly the whole width of the tunnel. The beast reached out and gripped onto Adells leg like a vice. Without realising, he began to frantically thrash in a final attempt to free himself, but to no avail. By the time he had calmed down, he eventually noticed that the beast was just taking him down deeper into the tunnel. Ripping the pistol from his back, Adell fired into the plam of the creature with immense force, Writhing in agony, the monstrosity yelped, releaving Adell of his prison. Knowing that the beast was weakened, He took up his rifle from the ground and fled back the way he came, truely treasuring his life. As he finally found the exit to the darkness, he was blinded by the light. Even through the thick mist, it was powerful. It was so powerful, in fact, that he didnt see the unconsious body until after he had tripped right over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back