Favourite Manga

Eureka 7
I realize this one may be rather unexpected, but I must say again; the manga is well worth reading. It deals with the Coralian/Trapar stuff much better than the anime does, and eliminates a lot of what just bothered the crap out of me in the anime (the three kids, Charles and Ray, the filler stuff). Oh, and the ending's better too. I might've seen the anime first, but the manga actually made me like the story.

One Piece
"Had you asked me a year ago, I would've said that One Piece was shit and the worst of the Big Three". One of those moments where I had to admit I was wrong about this series and of course it came after various diatribes against the series. Is the art wonky? Yes. Are some of the characters distinctly un-pirateish? Sure. Has it improved considerably over time whereas Bleach and Naruto have deteriorated? Definitely. I think what's really helped is the fact that Oda made it campy early on, and I like campy stuff *looks over at DVD of "Big Trouble in Little China"*. It's been a great blend of serious and silly all around :)

Hellsing
Note to Stephenie Meyer: THIS is how you do vampires, and in the 'shippy case of Alucard/Integra, THIS is how you do vampire/human pairings. Create sexual tension so thick you'd need a battle axe to even dent it. Romance aside; this series is just so violently over the top it's hilarious. Nazi vampires eating babies? Really, Hirano? All the same, check it out, be disgusted, and laugh your ass off.

Yotsuba&!
Imagine Azumanga Daioh...not in 4koma, with actual backgrounds, and with settings beyond a classroom and a summer home. Then throw in a girl who amounts to Japan's version of Calvin. That's Yotsuba for you, and if you are not laughing within the first two chapters of this series, you truly have no soul.

GLOW BALL WARNING.

Princess Resurrection
A somewhat lighter-hearted horror manga. Hime-sama is the daughter of the King of Monsters, and as the story opens; is in competition with her siblings for the Throne. Aiding her are the powerful android Flandre, a somewhat reluctant werewolf named Riza, a fanservice-magnet of a vampire by the name of Reiri, and Hiro, a perpetual victim whose freakishly well-endowed sister Sawawa just happens to be Hime's live-in maid. To conclude the summary; Fuga Fuga...Fugafugafuga! Fuga...fugafuga.

K-On!
Azumanga Daioh with a theme, and IMO, the funnieset of the slice-of-life schoolgirl series since (Lucky Star didn't really do anything for me). An airhead, a hothead, a tsundere moeblob, an irritable moeblob, and a yuri-fiend are all part of a school band...under the tutelage of a former metalhead? Of course, nothing unusual will happen with a crowd like this...right?

Franken Fran
*sigh* It's so demented, so wrong, so disgusting...and yet so adorable. I love it <3 Fran is a patched together being of questionable morals who goes out of her way to help those in need...through extensive and in many cases, inappropriately invasive surgery. The results are really something of a "Monkey's Paw", but nonetheless turn out to be quite amusing if viewed with the right mindset. In other words, you'll either love this series, or vomit uncontrollably at the second chapter.

Oh my favorite manga is the same as my favorite anime which would be Claymore. Because everything is epic to me, the battles, the storyline, the characters. Its way more awesome then the anime (mostly because the anime don't even follow the manga >.>) but you all really should check it out! :D

And of course Naruto & Bleach, all caught up with those and its awesome! :D

Another few favs are:
Bloody Kiss - Very cute vampire manga. ^^
Red River- It takes back all the way to ancient Egypt and back with the Hittie Empire, where a girl from modern day Japan gets sucked in to that time.
Absolute Boyfriend- That manga was so sweet, and yet sad. It made me cry at the end. :{

Bleach, naruto, one piece and deathnote...i really enjoy reading them much as well as the anime adaptation...

I can't possibly just list one manga, but here's a few I like:

Akuma to Love Song
Loveless
La Corda D'Oro
Nana
Snow Drop
Ouran High School Host Club

and damn I can't think of anymore at the moment but I'll probably post again or edit. Though a majority of what I like reading are doujins. >_>

BLEACH! I'm seriously obsessed with Bleach, my favorite manga/anime of all time.
then fullmetal Alchemist, Monster, Soul Eater, D-Gray man and Socrates of Love.
These mangas are so cool! except for the last, it's a drama lovestory :D

:starwars:my favorite manga has to be either naruto or bleach. here are the reasons why:
Naruto: awsome because there is always something that Naruto can screw up. and because he is awsome in his nine-tails cloak. there is also more movies that were just like like the show.
One Piece: great but it lacks excitement and suspense. plus the series is really short, they have to drag out the episodes.
so i think Naruto is my favorite show, don't you agree?

Fruits Basket is good. I love the humor and the emotion.

Oh and Watashi No Messiah Sama is really good, too. I love it to bits. It's a great adventure story, and it always makes me cry at the end every time I read it.

I tried to read Bleach but didn't understand it....

one piece is another one of my favorites as well as rosen maiden, and vampire night.

MOD EDIT: Can you put more effort into your posts please? This is a post count area and some of these posts are spammy. They will be deleted without notice next time. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well so far, I'd have to say Instinct and a Chromosome. It's yuri (oh yeah, go figure), but I think even non-yuri fans will be able to enjoy it. It's a little tragic, and I guess that's what makes it a very realistic-ish manga.

I like Naruto, Bleach, Demon Diary, Fullmetal Alchemist, and Trigun. Always have for some reason I'm still working out.

I like Deathnote and One Piece xD

Mod Edit: Is that all you can do? Come on, please try to put some effort into your post and elaborate on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
One Piece: great but it lacks excitement and suspense. plus the series is really short, they have to drag out the episodes.
Really short?

Chapters most recently released:

Bleach - 429
Naruto - 510
One Piece - 597

And keep in mind; One Piece just passed the third week of a four-week Hiatus. Were that Hiatus not to have come, it'd be on chapter 600 by now.

And, for excitement/suspense...I'll admit it's got a slow start, but just wait'll you reach Arlong Park and from there; Baroque Works.

Highschool Of the Dead
Genre: Horror
This is what will happen if the whole city turns into a zombie wasteland and a few high school students (a boy and a bunch of cute girls) as survivors. This is not for the kiddies out there but I'm sure a lot of you will enjoy it XD

Manga: Rosario Vampire Capu 2
This is the only manga series that I am currently reading, and I think it's very interesting and entertaining. I just dislike having to wait an entire month for a new 36-40 page volume.

My favourite Manga is probably FAKE the boy love story about two cops, one who is openly bi sexual and one who is very reserved in his feelings and confused about who he is.
I find it really beautiful and the characters are so funny, I love the tension between the two main characters so much. Its a definite must for anyone who loves a good yaoi manga that actually has a story.
it is 7 books long.

I also love the fruits basket manga, mostly for the caracters and story behind it :D

My favorites are Passion (Yaoi) and the PoKéMoN manga series.
I'm also fond of reading Chobits, Trigun and Naruto.

It has to be

One Piece
Clearly, the best manga out there, Oda just make the fights in the manga short but I enjoy it. Unlike Bleach and Naruto which draws the fights in full details. One Piece allow the anime episode to be extended to add more to the fights which is very good at avoiding too much fillers, like the unbelieveable filler arcs that Naruto and Bleach are in.

I've also got Bakuman (I didn't like the anime one bit), Air Gear (Maginificent), Skip Beat! (Must say this one is pretty good, the manga and the anime).

My favourite manga is Rurouni Kenshin (Samurai X) and my favourite anime is RuroKen too. RuroKen is Watsuki Nobuhiro's best manga and for me RuroKen is in #Top 3 manga that are based on Feudal Japan.
Btw Eichiro Oda at the age of 19, worked as an assistant to Nobuhiro Watsuki's RuroKen. :D
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nobuhiro_Watsuki

.Hack//Alcor-Takes you into the life before G.U.,where you meet a young twin blade((Sophora)) and Alkaid and see a love triangle you never saw in the game =o!

Code Geass:Nightmare of Nunnally-Great Alternate Story,Zero has Armor,Nunnally is a kick ass Geass user who can see the future,it takes place somewhat in the same story plot but is different in most places

Both are a must read!

Back