FFXI System Requirements/Help thread

Gil
So I have a problem. I loaded and updatedx FFXI, which worked fine, and then I registered which worked fine. I made my character which worked fine. So I choose a servers which I have no idea what to pick since it doesn't go into description and first it gives me a warning to download the Rise of the Zilart [SIZE=-1][/SIZE][SIZE=-1]expansion or have trouble. Then it loads the server and then... it crashes telling me it's Error Final Fantasy XI 2003 FAILURE TO READ DATA. And I can't get the disc to reopen up so I can download the [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]expansion or is that not the problem. Long question short, am I screwed? Do I need to reinstall everything, or is there no chance in hell of it happening. I couldn't wait to play this game, so please please give me a reason to hope there is a way to fix it. Thanks alot.[/SIZE][SIZE=-1] [/SIZE][SIZE=-1][/SIZE]

Firstly try re-installing it. If that don't work see if theres a way to update to the latest version and if that doesn't work, type your question in Google and if even that doesn't solve it, contact customer support.

Final Fantasy XI will not run without Rise of Zilart installed.

re-instaling it should work, the same thing happend to my brother and he did that and re-instaled it and it worded fine, we already had Rise of Zilart installed

Probably. Half the time when you can't run the game it's because it didn't install properly. Hell, there's thousands and thousands and thousands of files within this game. =P

Compatibility

I was wondering, if i buy pc version of XI tomorrow, and then later SE releases XI for PS3 (since i live in europe, no ps2 option here) can i use the same character on the ps3 (assuming it would be like ps2)?

I sure do hope it does come out for PS3 because my PC's all weird plus I'd rather play it on a PS3 anyway.

it probably wont ever be released on Ps3, because the Ps2 disc can be installed to PS3 already and it would take too many resources to port it
:(
But yeah you can log into your account from any Ps2,Ps3,Xbox360 or Pc with FFXI installed!

What're you talking about? You seem to be on a power trip lately. Before this post, I haven't had a single off-topic post. Need to step off the high horse.

Can I use a PC with Athlon cpu

I'm thinking of making a leap to the PC version of FFXI (from playstation) and have been looking at PCs. There is one that I'm eyeing that has an AMD Athlon 2.2 ghz cpu -- but the Windows System Requirements according to Square Enix is a Pentium 3 (minimally) or Pentium 4 or higher (preferably). (the machine I'm looking at does have a compatible graphics card) So would FFXI play alright with an Athlon cpu?

Thanks.

Yes, it should be fine. It's what Square recommends to play FFXI on the best setting. AMD Althon CPU shouldn't effect the gameplay at all really. As long as you have the system minimum requirements you should be fine. You don't need a super power gaming PC to run FFXI.

Oh well, let us know how it works.

System Requirements?

I was thinking of buying this game but i need to know what video card and processor i need. Thx :D

Alright, I merged a few threads together that discuss about FFXI System Requirements and help with any FFXI computer crashes.

In the future, if you guys need have any issues with FFXI such as system requirements, and issues playing FFXI post here please.

Final Fantasy XI System Requirements:

(Windows) Pentium III 800Mhz CPU, Windows 2000/Windows XP, 128 MB RAM, DVD-ROM drive, DirectX 8.1, NVIDIA GeForce or ATI Radeon 9000 or higher, 8.5 GBs free disk space. Internet (TCP/IP) connection required.

360 + Pc?

Well I'm thinking of getting XI got my 360...and my friends going to get it for the PC...Can i still interact with people on the pc? Or only for 360.

Like can people playing with an xbox 360 play with people on a PC?

LucaS - I merged your thread with the FFXI Help thread

Yes, you can talk to anyone on any platform, it doesn't matter. It's a massive multi-player online game, you have to play with online access anyways.

I needed purhcased the game with 2 expansion packs for £17 other week. Then realised I didnt have a wireless adaptor rofl!

New to FFXI

I picked up a copy of the FFXI starter pack today, supposedly on the disc is a whole range of things to be installed, Play Online Viewer, FFXI and a few of the expansions.

So I've installed the Play Online Viewer thing (and it's busy updating) and also the base FFXI. Now in the starter pack you don't get any registration codes for the expansions, so how would I go about installing them? Do I have to wait until I buy a registration code separately?

Also where do I go from here, just open up FFXI and launch into it? Are those expansions definitely needed like mentioned before, before I can actually play the game?

Thanks
Kev

EDIT: Oh and is there a way to download the game updates manually, ie: not using the Play Online viewer. The update is so incredibly huge that I won't ever be able to do it in one go and so would like to use a download manager if possible.

Last edited:
Back