The Single Most Annoying Thing of FFII

Prince Oberyn Martel

The Red Viper of Dorne
Veteran
Gil
The single most annoying thing about FFII, attempting to talk to Paul the thief.....
FFIIj.jpg

stand still ya coont!!!

And people always stand in your way.

It would of been heaps better if that message didn't come up when you try to talk to something that isn't there, it wastes time.

The original phantasy Star games are like that too, it is such a pain but on the plus side the remade version don't have this flaw.
So on PSP and GBA you can tap the buttons to your hearts content when there is no reason to do so.

Getting rid of that thing is probably the greatest development point in the series ever.

Well maybe :wacky:

That looks really annoying. I'm glad that they fixed it for future releases.

Yeah me too! I remember trying to play this on my PC through emulation and pounding on my keyboard in anger when some stupid NPC moved out of the way at the last second.

the most annoying thing for me is when peopple get in your way
obtaining the snowcraft
and then the air ship
that was items alone the boss that was hard for me was
choas and the emprer he was annoying
then you have soul of release
chaos and normals that were hard at the start

LOL.

I remember that happening soooo much.

Mod Edit

Please add more to your post.

Last edited by a moderator:
The most annoying thing to me was having to obtain the key words in order to move the story along. At least in the PSP version you have to do that..

It wasn't annoying if you would just choose to avoid him.

Besides why would you talk to him?

It wasn't annoying if you would just choose to avoid him.

Besides why would you talk to him?
It not just Paul, it goes for pretty much anyone else who is wandering about. Why they had that stupid text box appear every time 'Nothing Here' was there in I and II is beyond me.

And people complain about the 'leveling' system :neomon:

Last edited:
"Annoying" is one of the many words I'd use to describe the character development system in this game. "Flawed" is another. Although I still reckon that with a complete overhaul, this sort of system could make a comeback someday.

I disagree. This is certainly very annoying. To me, far more annoying are the countless empty rooms in the game. And instead of peeking in the door to see if it is empty, for some reason your party always trudges into the middle of the room, leaving ample time for an enemy encounter as you try to exit

Back