Movie Ratings

Moogles

Tauros and Probopass <3
Veteran
Gil
I don't know about you guys, but when I see a PG-13 rating, I'm completely turned off from ever watching that movie.

With PG movies, you're getting a family-oriented film. Good to watch with children and may provide some good entertainment.

With R movies, you're getting a film that's either gruesome, excessively crude, or overly profane. Action and horror movies are intense since there aren't as many barriers.

PG-13 movies generally don't interest me. They tinker in a gray area. If the movie is a comedy, the jokes will be less crude...meaning they probably aren't as funny. All the dialogue is watered down. If the movie is a horror or action film, it won't be as frightening or intense because going all out could result in content more suitable for an R-rated film.

Anyone else feel the same way about PG-13 movies? Or maybe I've just spent too much time analyzing random crap.

I kinda agree, but there's been PG-13 movies back then that I really enjoyed as well. But yeah, I do agree with it being somewhat in a gray area. I view PG-13 movies as I would view a rated E for games - not usually my preference.

I usually love rated PG movies (as it IS family-oriented) and R. There's still some good PG-13 movies out there though.

This is so weird.. I was thinking about this kind of thing earlier today. Although I was thinking more about the fact that you have to be a certain age to buy/see films, yet you can buy books with really graphic content at any age.

But anyway, I have a lot of movies that are 12's (I think that's the same as PG-13?) and I find that they can still be funny or really good. Me and my friend were talking about 15's yesterday, and more often when comedies are rated 15 then they are really crude >_< Like Scary Movie/American Pie type things. Some 12's which are 12 verging on 15 can be like that too, and then some 15's are only that because of bad language or something, and I don't mind that. It's just crude humour that I hate. >_<

I've actually never really been fussed by the M, PG etc ratings at all.

I always look at the trailers and regardless of it's rating, if I like it I'll watch it.

I'm really easy when it comes to movies though. I watch at least two a day including my T.V. boxsets and as long as it isn't gorey like Saw and Hostel etc, I'm good to go.

I actually prefer G, PG movies if anything. I love Disney and cartoons. They're my favourite.

Even if I've never seen a trailer for the movie, and have just picked up the case and read what's on the back, as long as it appeals to me, the rating doesn't phase me. =)

I never even bother with the ratings of the films. I just go to see it if I'm interested or the fact I really want to see it. I normally see films for people under 18 years of age, but I have seen some that are above that age, too.

I hate ratings, because my parents used to censor me from playing certain games until i turned 13, but they still wont let me play certain games, it sucks. But, KH is an E game, and i love it to death, same with Transformers or some other PG-13 move or even PG, I still watch G, doesnt matter to me. What matters is the content

I have to be honest, I have never been swayed by movie ratings at all. When I was younger, I was always allowed to watch most movies (within reason), I just wasn't allowed to see more mature movies at the cinema. I can't say I have ever noticed PG-13 movies being any less impressive than other rated movies, but as I say, I tend to take no notice of ratings.

Back