Your Favorite Actor and Actress

Actor: Sean Connery FTW!!!!!!! He is just awesome.
Actress: The lady who played as jim carrie's GF in Bruce almighty

Favourite Actress: Kate Beckinsale

Funny you should say that Kandy-Sugar, I actually really dislike her acting and she would be my least favourite actress >_< I had a huge debate with someone the other day about her and her skills.

Favourite Actor: Denzel Washington.

This man just has some incredible skills and versatility when it comes to acting. He embodies the character and delivers an incredible performance. Everyone complains about him winning the Oscar for Best Actor in 'Training Day'. Their argument is simply that, although he completely deserves an Oscar he has better films. I argue against this, why? Because whenever I see Denzel Washington, I like him. He gives off this vibe of being a charming and friendly man. I don't know if it is the same for everyone, but no matter what movie I see him in I instantly like his character and everything he represents. In Training Day
he is most definetly the bad guy
. Now no matter what he did for the first half of this movie, all the crappy and questionable things his character provoked, I still liked him. I couldn't stop myself, I was just like oh Denzel, hes awesome. But as the movie progressed I actully began to hate his character and I mean hate with passion. I think it took an incredible amount of acting ability and skill to have been able to pull that off. He went from being an a guy impossible to dislike to being a dog that I was wishing would die. In my books I think he deserved the Oscar for that role.

Honorable mention: Sean Bean (ever see a mini series called Clarissa please watch it, Bean was absolutely amazing in this), Johnny Depp, Guy Pearce and Will Smith

Favourite Actress: Liv Tyler/ Kate Winslet

It was impossible for me to seperate these two ladies. I find them to be both talented and versitile actresses, not to mention very beautiful without being plastic Hollywood clones. I think that their acting abilities are slightly different, I think Kate is a little more talented that Liv. But I think that is only because I have seen Kate in a wider variety of roles than Liv. My ultimate flick with Kate is definetly 'Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind' I thought she should have won the Oscar that year. It was an extremely good performance, such a different role to ones that I had previously seen her play. Liv I still find mesmerising everytime I see her on screen as Arwen, she looked ethereal.

Honorable mention: Cate Blanchett, Angelina Jolie and Uma Thurman

Arnold Schwarzenegger (god his sir name is a pain in the ass).
Erika Sawajiri

Favorite movie/shows;
Arnold: Predator, Terminator, (some more but don't remember)
Erika; Ghost Train, One litre of tears.

Tom Hanks surely is a very good actor, always like his movies. Richard Dean Anderson is one funny guy.

For what the ladies are concerned... wow though one. I do like Franka Potente quite a lot (Lola rennt). Liv Tyler ain't bad either!

Edward Norton is probably my favorite actor.
I like Owen Wilson too.
My favorite actress....hmmm.....I don't know.
Kate Winslet I guess, she's pretty. :D

Moderator's Edit: Please put more effort into your post by saying WHY you like them or what film of theirs you've seen that makes you like them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actor: Johnny Depp
I have yet to watch a movie that he is in that I have not liked. Secret Window is the first movie that comes to mind when I think of him, followed by Donnie Brasko. Of course, you can't forget his role as the great Jack Sparrow though! Johnny is hot, talented, and good at picking his roles.

Actress: Kate Beckinsale
She's absolutely gorgeous. I love her English accent. She's been in movies such as Underworld, Van Helsing, Vacancy, and Serendipity. Her acting is quite good and her appearance is usually very natural.

Last edited:
Robert Downey Jr. - The man is just so charming and talented, even before all this Iron Man hype. Watch Chaplin or Kiss Kiss Bang Bang and you'll know what I'm talking about. He did make a few shitty movies in between Chaplin and Iron Man, but that's just because he was high and drunk out of his mind, so ignore those. :P

Bill Murray - He's just hilarious in every movie, from the old SNL days to Ghost Busters, Royal Tenenbaums, Lost in Translations, etc.

Natalie Portman - Will you marry me? :X

Favorite actor: Jet Li.
I loved all his movies from the late 80s till now, he is a really talented actor and a martial artist. I could really tell he was my favorite actor after 2006's Fearless, which he did splendid and the movie that portrayed Huo Yuanjia's live couldn't have been any better!

I've had to update my favourites as I have a new favourite actress. XD

Favourite Actor:
Johnny Depp

He is so wonderful at his work and can play almost any role he wishes to fulfill. Like most, I really love his Jack Sparrow character. Such a sexy Pirate. =P

Favourite Actress: Brooke Shields

I simply loved her in the Blue Lagoon. <3

I've not seen her in any other movie that I can remember but I simply love this movie and the way she portrayed a girl stranded on an island nearly her entire life.

She is so pretty and has such a wild and innocent look about her in that movie.

I just fell in love with her. XD I know that it isn't good to go by just one of her movies, but I intend to find her others and see how she did in those movies too. <3

Last edited:
Favorite Actor: Gregory Peck

I loved his performance in "To Kill A Mockingbird" he truly made character alive in the movie

Favorite Actress: Anne Hathaway

She doesn't have a set character type and is good in almost any role she's in

Pretty much the entire Lord of the Rings cast, I know part of a movie being great is having a good director and all, but I have never seen another movie where every single person in it is fabulous. Most notably though Elijah Wood, Cate Blanchett, Ian McKellen, Sean Bean, and John Noble. Outside of LOTR, though:

-Michael Emerson. :faint: He plays Ben on Lost, and he is absolutely one of the most fantastic actors I have ever seen. He plays a very manipulative yet emotionally troubled character who early on has a slightly creepy edge to him as well, and the flair with which he's able to play such a complicated role is exceptional.

-Richard Harris. He's famous for many films, but the one I knew him for was the role of Dumbledore in the first two Harry Potter films. In the books, Dumbledore's character is supposed to have a very powerful air about him, and people respect him so much that even though he is very soft-spoken, everyone in the room shuts up as soon as they hear his voice. Richard Harris pulled this off amazingly in the films, and whenever I read the books I always picture his portrayal rather than Michael Gambon's (though his was good too). I'm very sorry that Harris didn't live to be in the rest of the series :sad:

-Gary Oldman. He's so versatile that every time I see him in a new film I don't even recognize him. He's able to do anything from the crazy villain in the Fifth Element to Harry's godfather in the Potter movies to a good-natured cop in Batman, and the list goes on from there.

-Alan Rickman (hmm, I guess Potter films have a lot of good ones too :hmmm:). As both Severus Snape--one of my favorite book-to-movie translations of a character ever--and the Sheriff of Nottingham in Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves. His 20-minute
death scene
makes me ROFL every time, and the way he delivers his lines in both roles is just priceless.

-Catherine Zeta-Jones. Like Cate Blanchett she is very beautiful and classy, which is a little rare lately amongst females in Hollywood; and she's great in comedy roles like Intolerable Cruelty and the Zorro movies.

-Stephanie Leonidas. She played the girl in Mirrormask, and though I usually don't care for movies that star teenagers, she did a very, very good job. (It also didn't hurt that the movie was just really f*cking good :))

haha i have a rather long list to be honest but ill narrow it down to 5 actors and 5 actresses

Actors:
Michael Caine: Italian Job
Mark Wahlberg: Shooter, Max Payne
George Clooney: Oceans 11, Duck till Dawn
Matt Damon: Bourne Films, Oceans 11
Jason Statham: Death Race, Snatch, Transporter, Crank

Actresses:
Kristen Kreuk: Street Fighter legend of Chun Li, Smallville, Chuck
Yvonne Strahovski: Chuck
Jessica Biel: Blade Trinity
Jessica Alba: The Eye, The Fantastic Four
Megan Fox: transformers

[Mod Edit: Can you please state why these people are your favourite actors and actresses. Simply stating their names is not enough and is classed as spam in post count sections. Could you please take this into account for next time. Thanks. =)]

Favorite actor: idk boys are icky

favorite actress:Helena bonmham carter

[Mod Edit: Can you please state why these people are your favourite actors and actresses. Simply stating their names is not enough and is classed as spam in post count sections. Could you please take this into account for next time. Thanks. =)]

I have so many favourites. I won't name any though, because I know I'm just going to write an entire book on each one of them and how great they are and why I love them etc.

I love actors/actresses who really get lost into their characters. That to me is the most believable, and watching their performance makes it all the more enjoyable. Once they become their characters, that's it. Pretty much everything else is perfect, in my opinion, since everything is expressed naturally.

Favourite Actress I'm not so sure about, but my favourite actor is definitely John Travolta. Why? The guy is so darn talented, and has a very likable personality. He is a great dancer, singer, pilot (aircrafts. He has a fondness for planes and such), and of course Actor.

I could mention something else too from some of his younger years, but I won't because I think it would be misinterpreted. '<_< But yeah, he also seems to just be genuinely a really good person, that that he did for Haiti a while back was great, it allows for there to be what is necessary to have many more people survive that massive earthquake, that, without those supplies would have not lived, so he saved a lot of lives right there. :awesome:

He also is the voice actor for the star character (favourite character) in my favourite movie; Bolt. Everybody know that's my favourite movie yet? xD He's classic in it, very fun, and I think his personality shows pretty darn good in the character Bolt, even with him being a dog.

Even though I can't come up with a favourite actress, this shouldn't be considered spam, I have commented fairly extensively on my favourite actor of all time (Travolta > Everyone else. :smartass:). Maybe after seeing some more movies I'll be able to decide on an actress. :hmmm:

Arnold Schwarzenegger(was a comedy legend)
Samuel Jackson(he looks like he tries to be fuuny but hes not trying too)
Ving Rhames(hes a legend,known as marcellus wallace in pulp fiction)

Actors

1) Tom Cruise: Although a little limited in the sorts of role he does, I think he has a certain quality that makes him one of the best of all time. He has a certain charisma which he adds to any character he plays, and it just lifts the movie he is in.

2) Robert De Niro: Probably the most intense actor there is. His roles are thorough and believable, and knows exactly how to manipulate his character to carry a scene.

My third place could go to any one of a number of actors. Tom Hanks - has had too many great films to mention. Brad Pitt - gets better with every film he does, and has a diverse range of characters under his belt. Jack Nicholson - one of the all-time greats. Leonardo DiCaprio - has done a great job of getting rid of his pretty boy image. Jet Li is also one of my favourites, best martial artist in films if you ask me.

Actresses

1) Meryl Streep. I can't stress just how far ahead of everyone else Meryl Streep is. She is the very best actress of all time in my opinion. She is amazing in just about everything she is in. My favourite roles of hers include Kramer vs Kramer, Lions for Lambs, and she is amazing in The Devil Wears Prada.

2) Jodie Foster. It was her performance in Contact which made me decide that Jodie Foster was my second favourite. In that movie she reminded me of an old physics professor from University, and if you met her you would swear blind the character was based on her. Obviously Silence of the Lambs is a career high for her, but she's another one who hasn't really had a bad role.

3) I'm struggling to pick a third again, so I'll just rattle off some names. Angelina Jolie - has a unique charisma, like I said for Tom Cruise, that sets her apart, and like her husband, gets better with every role she does. Kate Winslet is fast becoming a national treasure, and I loved her in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and The Holiday, but didn't like her in Revolutionary Road for some reason. Cate Blanchett is a very talented actress indeed, but in my opinion doesn't really have a memorable role to set her apart from some others.

Hm. I'll list three for each.

Actors

1) Bruce Campbell : This guy is like my freaking God. I try to see his movies whenever I can. Ever since I saw him in Army of Darkness (which is my favorite movie) I've loved this guy.
2) Johnny Depp : There really aren't that many people in Entertainment that compare in talent to this man. My favorite movie with him in it is Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.
3) Thomas Jane : I wouldn't really call him an amazing actor but he's still epic. Not many can play a badass like him.

Actresses (not sure on the plural of that word)

1) Lizzy Caplan : I think I'm in love with this woman. She can play a cynical bitch so well that it's breath taking. She pretty damn funny too.
2) Ellen Page : Very, very talented. I haven't seen a movie with her in it that I haven't liked.
3) Kaley Cuoco : Mostly because...Well, she's just so Goddamn cute. She was the main reason I started watching Big Bang Theory (I mean, I watch it now for the comedy but she was the reason for me getting into the show :awesome: )

Johnny Depp. He looks different in every movie he is in. And he is great for playing the eccentric characters. There were a few roles of his that I didn't care for (Willy Wonka) but overall he is a very good actor. And I always look forward to watching any movie he is in.

Sandra Bullock. I love her as an actress. And for some reason I really like her voice lol. Don't ask. I loved her in Miscongeniality which is one of my favorite movies.

Reese Witherspoon. She plays the blond role perfectly. Loved Legally Blond as well as other roles she has played. And call me shallow, but if I had to choose the prettiest actress, I'd pick her.

Its hard to pick a favorite but for an actor I got to say Johnny Depp is probably my favorite. xD I mean hes just awesome and I love the characters he plays as well. One of my favorite of his is Edward Scissorhands, I find that one quite adorable and his character is very unique.
And I never really had a favorite actress. :/

Back