Your Favorite Actor and Actress

Actor: Leonardo Di caprio. I find every film which I have seen with him in it has had a stellar preformance from it: "Catch me if you can", just amazing, my personal idea of his best role... Shutter Island; one of my favourites, Blood Diamond: That Accent is just plain epic....

Or

Djimon Hanssou*
His character "Solomon" in Blood diamond was my favourite of any supporting character in any movie I've seen.I honestly think he is underrated in the cinematic world. I only went to see "Never back down" and "push" cause he was in them.

Notable mention to: Mark "Marky Mark" wahlberg. "The fighter", "The italian Job" and his awesome part in "the other guys" blew my mind, especially due to his history as a rapper... He is awesome incarnate,

Actress: I'm not quite sure, to be honest... If I had to choose, it'd probably be Natalie Portman. Her portrayal in "Black Swan" was just astonishing, amazing. She was pretty decent in the "prequel starwars's" with a pretty bad script.

Also, Amy Adams was quite enjoyable in "the fighter". I enjoyed her character and her portrayal of her. And that ben stiller film, she was pretty decent!!

Oh wow, it's been 4 years since I last posted in this thread and my favourite actors have changed a bit! :lew:

Favourite male actors:

Leonardo DiCaprio
- I have a lot of respect for this man. He rose up from the ashes; despite living in poverty in LA, he visualised a better future as an actor then strove to achieve this goal. His performances are always convincing, he's passionate, committed and has always opted for the more challenging roles. His characters are varied, which is testament of the fact he can truly act. His most noteworthy performances are, in chronological order, What's Eating Gilbert Grape, Total Eclipse (he HATED having to kiss Lupin...), Marvin's Room, Titanic, Catch Me if You Can, The Aviator, Blood Diamond, Revolutionary Road, Inception. I have yet to see The Departed and Inception. ;)

Johnny Depp
- Even though Johnny Depp has been in a couple of somewhat inferior movies, his performances are always impressive and hsi roles have certainly been varied. Sometimes he's serious, either sinister or melancholy; occasionally, he's eccentric. I first noticed him in Chocolat, then in Pirates, but must also praise him for his performances in Edward Scissorhands, What's Eating Gilbert Grape, Sweeny Todd, Finding Neverland and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

Favourite female actors:

Meryl Streep
- Another talented actor who has challenged herself by fitting into a wide variety of roles. Recently, most of these have had an eccentric element: Donna in Mamma Mia, Julia in Julie and Julia and, from what I have seen in trailers, Margaret Thatcher. She's a delight to watch. :)

Kate Winslet
- Kate Winslet has always stood out to me for being a real woman. She's a good actress, but on top of that, she doesn't want to be the skinny woman who eats nothing. She's elegant, humble and incredibly passionate about her job; she strove to play Rose in Titanic and, after falling in love with the book Revolutionary Road, convinced her husband at the time that a film HAD to be made ahd she had to play April.

My favorite Actors
Christian Bale
Tom Hardy
Tobey Maguire
Martin Lawrence

and Actress are:
angelina jolie
Regina Hall
Anna Faris
Elisha Cuthbert

Actors:

1. Denzel Washington (John Q, Man on Fire)

Tom Hanks (Cast Away, Forrest Gump)
Jim Caviezel (The Count of Monte Cristo)
Daniel Day Lewis (The Last of the Mohicans, There will be Blood)
Christian Bale (Batman Begins, Howl's Moving Castle)

Actresses:

1. Angelina Jolie (Salt, Wanted, Girl Interrupted)

Ashley Judd (Double Jeopardy, High Crimes, Kiss the Girls)
Michelle Pfeiffer (What Lies Beneath, Dangerous Minds)
Julia Roberts (Pretty Woman, Erin Brokovich)
Catherine Zeta Jones (The Mask Of Zorro, The Phantom)
Halle Berry (Monster's Ball, The Call)
Vera Farmiga (The Conjuring 1&2, The Departed)

Last edited:
Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio, Edward Norton, and Bradley Cooper are my favorite actors.
Scarlett Johansson and Jennifer Lawrence are my favorite actresses.

Actors:
Denzel Washington- He is one of the best actors I have seen that has made a few great action movies such as American Gangster, Man on Fire, etc.

Johnny Depp- His ability to perform different movie characters is what makes him one of the best actor in Hollywood. My favorite movie that he has appeared on is Pirates of the Caribbean. He also has appeared in popular films such as Scissors Hand, Dark Shadows, Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory and many more.

I noticed that a lot of people are listing top actors. There’s not a whole lot of super top actors that make my list and for the most part I don’t really pay that much attention to the actresses. I mean I like them but I tend to focus on lesser known actors. That’s where I find the really good gems as far as movies and TV and I’m constantly looking for new names so I can find new gems. I’ll be watching a TV show or movie and something about one of the minor characters (majority of the time the “underdog” character) will catch my eye for various reasons - many times it’ll be the guy that’s getting the crap kicked out of him even if he hadn’t done anything or long after he’s defenseless or in some kind of defenseless situation. If I find the need to yell at the TV, example from a couple weeks ago when the major character kicked the minor character in the head knocking him out started to run, came back and kicked him in the head again I yelled at the TV “fuck, he’s already down out cold quite kicking him in the head”. This would be enough for me to look up the actor playing the minor character hoping his character has even been given a name (not always that lucky) to see what other movies he’s in, if any. Suffice it to say no one wants to watch TV with me anymore. That being said none of these are lesser known actors, just were lesser known years ago when I started watching their acting, and I’ve rotated favorites so often I really can’t remember the names of all of them - just the faces which doesn’t help any.:dry:

The only actress I like is Pauley Perrette - NCIS (Abby) She is just so cute in that show and she is actually a lot older then the character she plays.

Actors:

Wentworth Miller - Underworld, Dinotopia mini-series - favorite movie Resident Evil: Afterlife and TV series The Flash and Legends of Tomorrow

Jensen Ackles - from Supernatural, first saw him on Days Of Our Lives soap opera

Dominic Percell - I love the character he plays (Mick Rory) in Legends of Tomorrow, In The Name of the King: The Last Job

Peter Firth - Equus back in the ‘70s, the last thing I saw him in is the British TV series “MI-5”

Malcolm McDowell - A clockwork Orange (not something a 7 year old should be watching but I was watching more, lets say revealing, British shows back then too)

Mark Harmon - a very under appreciated actor for a long time. Better then Kevin Costner IMO. One of the more well known movies he was in is “The Presidio” and of course the TV series NCIS.

David Tennant and Matt Smith - TV series Doctor Who

John Barrowman - TV series Doctor Who, Torchwood, He’s a good singer too. There’s a YouTube video that is just hilarious.:giggle:

There are many others. No doubt I’ll think of all the names I really wanted to put here that I can’t remember right now instead of this list later, long after I posted this.

Back