Tifa vs. Aeris; Who is Cloud's Destiny?

Which?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with clotifan. Aeris is dead. Plus she's probably doing it with zack.... there both dead, and they did go out at one point if i did play the game properly so ya know there bonkin!..... but yeah tifa and cloud get together in one scene, where theres a hint that they have had sex in the game. It's the scene where the highwind lands in the meteor crator and every one biggers off for the night... Cloud and tifa don't have any where to go so they keep each other company. To there supprise the next morning every one watched that night....... or some crap like that.

I agree with clotifan. Aeris is dead. Plus she's probably doing it with zack.... there both dead, and they did go out at one point if i did play the game properly so ya know there bonkin!..... but yeah tifa and cloud get together in one scene, where theres a hint that they have had sex in the game. It's the scene where the highwind lands in the meteor crator and every one biggers off for the night... Cloud and tifa don't have any where to go so they keep each other company. To there supprise the next morning every one watched that night....... or some crap like that.
All I have to say is...the Aerith/Zack pairing is debunked. Read Maiden over the Planet. It's a novelia featuring Aerith. Aerith still loves Cloud and wants him to live his life anyways. I'm guessing she's waiting for Tifa to share him with her in the afterlife *shrugs* who knows. But she definitely doesn't like Zack as she once did.

A quote from Maiden over the Planet

"She loved him much more than her previous lover"

Sorry. Zack and Aerith aren't together. It's obvious Tifa and Aerith love Cloud. Whoever Cloud loves will ALWAYS be up to interpretation, the way it originally was intended.

The Maiden Who Travels the Planet is canonical? I thought it was just a fanfic published in the UO book.

The Maiden Who Travels the Planet is canonical? I thought it was just a fanfic published in the UO book.
No, it's official and has been looked over by Square. There are way too many people who think it's a fanfic. I assure you it is not.

and where would i find this madien over the planets. You don't have to love someone to have sex..... you know they might get bored in the after life and want some nookie.... lol

karl

and where would i find this madien over the planets. You don't have to love someone to have sex..... you know they might get bored in the after life and want some nookie.... lol

karl
Lol. I don't think sex matters in the afterlife =/. You've lost your physical body, and therefore have lost your animal instinct along with it. Hold on I'll try to find a link for the short novel. If I can't I can just email it to you, because I saved it on my comp.

Then why do Muslims get 72 virgins in heaven?
Hahahaha...I think that's false security for the men. But, this thread isn't about religion so let's not try to insult anyones beliefs in here. Dammit. I already did. ><.

Last edited:
Omg can't you understand what she's saying? Or are you too close minded to listen to anything that anyone else has to say?
All she was saying is that Cloud loves Aerith, and even though she does die, he still loves her, if he wanted to be a necrofiliac (or however you spell it i dont care) then he wouldnt have laid her body to rest in the pond. She made a choice to die for the planet, fair enough if she was destined to die, but that doesnt mean he isnt allowed to love her even though shes dead. all that was going on between Tifa and cloud was a stupid little crush thing as kids, and clouds grown out of it and tifa hasn't. If she loves him and he doesnt love her that isnt his problem, he loves Aerith. Dead or not, wouldnt you still love your girlfriend or boyfriend if they died? or your mum or dad or someone close to you?
The game isnt about who loves who, who should be with who. by doing these stupid threads about it, it makes it seem alot like final fantasy 8, which it isnt.

There's a difference between who Cloud loves at one point or how long he loves her, and who Cloud is destined to be with after the story ends. I am talking about who Cloud is destined to be with here. If Aeris had stayed alive, they probably would have been together. But no, she's dead, and they have no chance of getting together ever again unless he goes and dredges up her corpse.

Does it really matter about who he is destined to be with? Does it have any sort of relivance to the Main Plot? In which they are trying to save the planet, not trying to figuer out who Cloud is destined to be with.
But if your sooo determined to talk about it, then Cloud wasn't destined to be with any of them. He consideres Tifa as nothing more than a childhood friend.

Last edited:
Does reading deeper into something matter? No. Does playing a videogame with a story matter? No. But that's why we're here, and that's what we're talking about. You don't need to define th emeaning of life just to analyze a video game plot.

Tifa has wanted to be with Cloud since the main FFVII game, maybe even as a child. And he wanted to be with her, buy she was out with her other friends in that one flashback. So I think this is meant to imply that they eventually are right for each other.

phoenix you need to take a chill pill, it's just a game at the end of the day.... the only people who know who cloud loves is the makers of the game, ask them. lol

thanks coco nuttie, i'll read it when i get time......

Just remember kiddy winks it's just a game and a film nothing more......

karl

The game isnt about who loves who, who should be with who. by doing these stupid threads about it, it makes it seem alot like final fantasy 8, which it isnt.
I'm sorry, but that remark about Final Fantasy 8 was just uncalled for. Unlike Final Fantasy 7, 8 has a love and hate emphasis as subtext, which is not really important to the story either way you look at it. And unlike Final Fantasy 8, 7 has a stronger emphasis on the self-doubt and hatred Cloud feels for Sephiroth, as the subtext, with the world saving as the main story, the same as 8.

They are both excellent games in their own rights, but they are different to each other, and unique because of it. If they had had the same storyline, would anyone have continued to play the Final Fantasy series?

But if Cloud had ended with either, it would have been Aeris. Because he fell for her, and Tifa was just a childhood friend of his...
or at least... the real Cloud...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back