XBox Eternal Sonata

SapphireStar

♥ FFF's Matt Bellamy Pervert ♥
Veteran
Gil
This has to be one of the most beautiful games Ive had the experince and pleasure to play. In case you have no idea, heres Wiki!

Wikipedia said:
Eternal Sonata takes place in a dream world which centers around famed piano composer Frederic Chopin, who died at the age of 39 due to tuberculosis.
The plot centers around the concept that as he slept on his sickbed in his final hours, Chopin dreamed of a fairy-tale land in which people with incurable diseases have great magical powers. The game frequently throws subtle allusions to the player that elements of the world are in fact, Chopin's dream, and could have their material forms influenced by Chopin's life.

Its such a great storyline and I love the characters, specially Polka a young girl with magical gifts. The battle sytstem is fun too and the graphics are just pure lish. A truly amazing RPG.

~*SIIIIIIIIIIGH*~

I rented this game just yesterday and I got the red rings of death on my Xbox. I fell in love with the introduction movie though...

I've seen reviews of it and it looks beautiful. I'm really looking forward to getting this. I bought Blue Dragon instead of this only because it was on offer a while back but this would have been my favourite choice.

Oh. My. God. Wait no!? A RPG on a Xbox 360!? No wei! Cuz like the Xbox ONLY has shooters! (Sorry making fun of Sony fan boys ^^)

I've great things about this game. The graphics are beautiful!

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/24973.html

I'm probably going to rent this game first to see if it's worth buying it.

I don't think the fact that it's on the xbox has squat to do with it. I was shat-happy when I found out the music aspect was made up by a former Tri-Ace worker.

I like how all of the characters have music related names. =]

And the battle sytem looks great. ^.^

No... Reread what I said. It's not... I was simply pointing out that many Sony fan boys tend to say: "Xbox only has shooters, no JRPGS!" I'm saying is that it's nice that there is a JRPG on the Xbox 360 that show potential of having even more JRPGs on the Xbox 360.

~*SIIIIIIIIIIGH*~

I rented this game just yesterday and I got the red rings of death on my Xbox. I fell in love with the introduction movie though...
I have the game for my 360, but unfortunately my dumbass friend spoiled the ending...it sounds sad :(

I cut him off when he started spoiling it so I don't know it "all" but I know the general idea :(

Its fastly becoming one of my all time fav games already lol. I seen it some while ago and was happy there was another RPG on the 360 and it also helped me make the Yes choice in getting one!

The story by itself already sounded appealing to me lol.. (Though i would prefer getting shooters rather than this one for the XBox)

Yay well I finally had the chance to rent, play, and beat this game a few weeks ago. It's absolutely beautiful. It's a little bit on the easy side, but...it's worth every minute of playthrough...

As a matter of fact, I almost bought the game...but...I found out that
they're coming out with a PS3 version (which I would much prefer anyways) that will have additional scenes, two new playable characters (Crescendo and Serenade), and a costume change system.

I know, I'm a spoiler-tag whore.

Eiko, how is it compared to Lost Odyssey? I heard they were similar in game-play and story sort of, and I see you playing it on my online list every so often. Is it in the same league as Lost Odyssey?

Who here has the game! I mean seriously the gameplay looks sick. I definitely have to buy this game, only played the demo though :/

Anyhoo, judging from the demo it sorta reminds me of Star Ocean like you can just control your characters in battles. I don't know much about the storyline and I honestly don't want to know yet lol... I wanna see when I purchased it.

So who has it?

We already have a thread for this so I'll merge the two threads together. =]

-Threads Merged-

Who here has the game! I mean seriously the gameplay looks sick. I definitely have to buy this game, only played the demo though :/

Anyhoo, judging from the demo it sorta reminds me of Star Ocean like you can just control your characters in battles. I don't know much about the storyline and I honestly don't want to know yet lol... I wanna see when I purchased it.

So who has it?

I've got the game, and it's my second favourite RPG on the 360 (Tales is first). I like the battle system, it's a nice change and a mix of turn-based and real time. The battle starts of easy and repetitive, but by the end of the game it really picks up and starts to get fun. The last level of combat feels like real time actually, it keeps you on your toes. I've never played Star Ocean, though I want to and can't wait for the one coming out in March, so I can't compare the two.

The graphics are really fluid and sharp, and the cutscenes are gorgeous. The music is nice, but despite being a music based game and created by tri-Crescendo, it's not revolutionary. I still prefer Tales music. Nevertheless, it's pretty good.

My major complaint with the game is that it's way too short, by JRPG standards. Also, the special moves that the characters use get really repetitive quickly, since there's only about 4 moves per character worth using.

This game does look awesome, and it's coming out on PS3 too! I'm so glad about that ^^ Although, I'll have to wait till February 2009 to get it for PS3...luckily my birthday's in the first week of February :monster:

I borrowed this game and beat it ;). The story really picks up through the game but in my opinion the game ended too quick. The fighting really started awesome but soon got repetitive. The party levels changed that though because it really picked up the pace. All in all it was a pretty good game with a good story:busta:

I agree with you on that its one of the best next gen rpgs I played on 360 xD and yes it has beautfiul music and characters that are also unique. Claves and Falsetto are my faves in this one, I even diodnt mind doing the side quest espeically in the side dungeon (I dont how to do the spoiler thing so ill stop) I wouldnt mind their being a part 2 for this game.

I didn't like this game at all. I am a classical music fan (chopin ftw), however the characters were too annoying for me to continue personally. And the art is not my favourite. Interesting battle system though.

I thought the story was simple but good; I would have liked to see a few more surprises as there was a severe lack of twists and turns. Aesthetically, it was beautiful. The music was fantastic, especially the pieces my Chopin. ;) The characters were decent. They didn't develop a lot, but they served their purpose in the story.

Back