Revenant Wings FFXII: Revenant Wings - Worth getting it?

I am not completely sure of whether or not to get it, but considering that I got Final Fantasy X-2, may as well get Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings, I guess.

Is there much in the way of changes in the game? Are there more/new Espers, or are there less? Is the story any good? And, this is an important one, is the gameplay itself good (battling in particular)?

I recomend this game for many reasons.it has alot to do!Long long game!alot of summons!The best weapon Crafting system:D!

Hrm, I do want to try this game out, but I played it for a VERY VERY short while on me cousin's D.S. Okay, I just had to try the controls once and it turned me off buying it! You have to keep tapping the screen to move anywhere - slowly. Didn't seem like much fun. :/

Personally, I think yes, buy it. Definitely. It seems a bit short, and the plot's pretty minimal, but the graphics are beautiful, it's strangely addictive, and... well, buy it and see for yourself. It rules. ;3

I like the weapon crafting and the slight ship interior customization, but this is not something you would get this for. I think that if you like RTS games, and would like it in a final fantasy universe, this is probably a good investment. (Be prepared to micro-manage if you want to minimize your losses in combat, in order to get the RPS system right (flying, melee, ranged)) Otherwise, I think it's best left.

I'm not a major fan of Revenant Wings as it can be quite tedious to play and the battles are veeeeeeeeeeery repetitive.
Although I would recommend getting it if you are an FF fan just for the story and novelty of having added another Final Fantasy to the collection. :P :randompoke:

Yeah, I got it expecting something like FFIII (proper RPG) but it's alright, im around 70% complete and there is one part with some uber powerful guy that i can't nail down. OH! btw THEY MADE CHOCOBO'S BAD!!!! HOW DARE THEY!

Yeah, something you gotta realise. We have domesticated animals in the real world, so does FFXII. We have wild versions of these animals in the real world, so do they in FFXII. ;)

I'd get it, it's a brilliant game, and considering it's for the DS the background of the characters and the way they put emotions across is done fantastically well. The chapters and side missions are amazing and the battle system is quite epic! :gasp: Plus, flying round in an airship is awesome. :awesome:
Buy it. :monster:

It depends. If you like strategy games like AOE, get it. The thing that I found with it is that I didn't want to play it after I completed it (which didn't take long). It was a Godsend when I was on holiday.

I would have wish they'd done this on the PS2 I don't know if it's because it's on DS or they did it on purpose but the game is slow. The fighting is slow. It feels like a drag. I rather level all day long on ff12 than play this. It just feels blah.

I think I liked this game because I liked FFXII.
So I'll recommend it to anyone who liked FFXII.
Though, the games are very different (even the characters were changed a bit IMO), so even FFXII haters may still like the game.

I actually quite hate strategy games, but this one was really great.
So even those who hate strategy games, can give it a try.

The game was far too short. Far too few missions. Far too easy. It would be fun if it lasted longer.

Back