Calling all Atheists

OK, I don't see how you meant that but fair enough.

Actually, I just noticed something:
For me personally I do not believe as such I find it difficult to believe in a religious following that condoned murder, I refer to the crusades in this case of christianity.

I am not a believer. But you should be careful when you say that. That's not an argument against the existence of a god, only against the morality of a said religion.

OK, I don't see how you meant that but fair enough..

I guess I should think a bit more before I type sorry about that. I keep forgetting that it might not make sense to other people reading lol

I am not a believer. But you should be careful when you say that. That's not an argument against the existence of a god, only against the morality of a said religion.

Again I guess so but morality of the people reflects on their god surely?

No, don't worry. :monster:

It may do. But it's not a reason to not believe in god because a god could exist and just be an evil one.

No, don't worry. :monster:

It may do. But it's not a reason to not believe in god because a god could exist and just be an evil one.

I don't want to come across like an ass I guess

If thats the case then its a compleatly differant god because christaians say theirs is a kind and loving god in which case they're faith is redundent because in fact its a new religion.

I hope kind and loving doesn't have anything to do with punishing people eternally for things they personally choose not to believe in or aren't aware of, even if they are otherwise good people, condemning homosexuals, supporting slavery, or abusing omnipotence/omniscience.

God does exist.

Prove me wrong, without the use of science and circular logic.

You've got to be kidding. And this is to spur intelligent conversation?

Anyway, the difference between the believer and non-believer is faith. There isn't really anything you can do to switch sides using logical arguments or what not because faith isn't really a logical idea. Faith is pretty much the wholehearted belief of something without actual proof. You can't really argue against that. Plus God doesn't necessarily exist in our world (as I'm told). The most atheists can do is show inconsistencies in the Bible, but the reply is simply that it was written by man. We can show inconsistencies in religion and teachings, but those again are interpretations of man. I gave up in "spurring intelligent conversation" regarding this topic long ago.

God does exist.

Prove me wrong, without the use of science and circular logic.

God created a man and a woman, those two people created world population. Two people who have sex, then have sex with each other and their children are considered inbred and come out with birth defects. Nice try.

"God has given everyone a purpose in life." What purpose in life does a 3rd world child have who has to eat dirt to survive because of a corrupt govt.? The only purpose a human has in life is to be born, reproduce, and die. Other than that, we have no purpose, but that doesn't mean life isn't worth living.

All these people who have holy wars, fighting over religion. You'd think an actual God would show himself to stop some of this fighting. But knowing how stupid some people can be, if a God actually did come and show himself, someone of another religion would try and kill him.

Tower of Babel. Supposedly man was trying to build a tower to Heaven. God then spread everyone out and gave them different languages so they couldn't understand each other and so they couldn't finish the tower. So how come God lets man go into Space now?

And why are there other people claiming that their religion is right? You say God is real. But if you had been born over in Iraq somewhere, you'd swear up and down that your God was the only God.

Religion was only created to keep the common man quiet and in line so the higher ups could further their own gains in the name of some fake higher being. If you think you're doing something special with your life because you got religion in it, fine go ahead. But so did the Ancient Egyptians when they though the sun and moon were fighting each other everyday.

Here I am!

An amazing atheist. Adding to the atheist count on this website, proudly.

It's hard though -- you can't say you're atheist without someone saying "Prove to me God doesn't exist" or whatnot. Whatever! They're the ones who need to do the proving, not me. Anyway, I'm not asking. I'm sitting here, enjoying my atheist-dom! :D

Back