• No

Votes: 10 22.2%
  • Who's Gilgamesh?

Votes: 6 13.3%

• Total voters

Raiku

Dragon Lord Eternal
Gil
Well, I did, but didn't find him that hard shocker--I mean, what other Final Fantasy Characters are there with 4 arms... but I just want to know if he amounted to anything in IX...

I knew all along who it actually was but I never actually found out through the game that it was him. I think I read it on t'internet somewhere. Or it might just have been really obvious to me, I can't remember now.
I think if you find out his real name, he gives you the S-Class hunters medal or some shit like that.

His name is also "Alleyway Jack" and "The Four-Armed Man". He first appears in Alexandria, he teaches Vivi how to play Tetra master. Second appearance is in Treno. If you walk by him he steals 1000 from you and buys a power belt which he gives to Steiner. Third appearance is Daguerreo. He ranks your treasure hutting status. You get S-class when you completed all side quest and got auction house items I think.... (Don't remember if you have to defeat Ozma or not to get it.) I do believe he does tell you his name afterwards.

I've heard of him and now can't remember whether I met him or not. ¬_¬
*looks up an image on google*
Nope. I don't think I met him. Now where did I hear the name?...

@Cerridwen: Nah, you don't have to beat Ozma. But you don't have to do all the side quests either, you just have to do so many.

@Lirael: You probably heard the name from one of the many other FF games that include him-the most memorable, FF8 where he replaces Odin.

To get an S-rank treasure hunter award in FF9, you have to find alot of treasures. It depends on how many you have found. Doing the chocobo hot and cold game and finding the chocograph treasures really helps out a lot. Once you get the S-rank award, then the 4-armed man tells you his real name.

His name is also "Alleyway Jack" and "The Four-Armed Man". He first appears in Alexandria, he teaches Vivi how to play Tetra master. Second appearance is in Treno. If you walk by him he steals 1000 from you and buys a power belt which he gives to Steiner. Third appearance is Daguerreo. He ranks your treasure hutting status. You get S-class when you completed all side quest and got auction house items I think.... (Don't remember if you have to defeat Ozma or not to get it.) I do believe he does tell you his name afterwards.

All the bits that are bolded are correct, I believe. If my memory serves me correctly, he does indeed divulge his real name, which is Gilgamesh. He does so in that locale above the waterfall in which you have to use the airship to land on the higher plane. On the same island you face Giga Dragons (I think that's what they're called). Anyways, the city who's people worship Leviathan (or something like that). Haven't played it for a long while now, but what I do now is that he definately confirms his name as Gigamesh, and that he does that in said city in the weapons shop when he notices your rank.

hmm well this is news to me. very interesting actually, interesting enough to give the game another play through. and i claim that this is my favorite final fantasy... shame on me.

Ah so that's Gilgamesh. I do remember all those information now, and if he did tell me his name, then I've completely forgotten...which is only natural since it's been over five years last I played...

So my answer is yes...I did find the great Gilgamesh. xD

To get him totell you his name and acquire the Rank-S medal you need to find almost all treasures in the game, chests, hidden items, chocographs dead pepper locations etc. So if your goin for it your best starting at the beginning of the game and getting every treasure you can find. Its easy enough really..he was better in FFVIII though :D!

I think he was too... but I was always pissed when I got Excalipoor... really annoying. But I missed Carbuncle in 8, so I had to try to get him off the other guy you can draw him from-every time I fought him, I used the Zansetsuken!

It’s been a while, so I can’t honestly remember whether or not I found him. However, I’m pretty sure I did, since I do remember encountering a character several times named... Alleyway Jack who is supposed to later on reveal that he is Gilgamesh (I think as well as it's already been said)...... Like I said, it’s been a while.

Yeah I found him when I got an S-rank for treasure hunting in my last game.

Gilgy doesn't appear in FFX but he has appeared in V, VIII and XII - all as boss battles. Dunno about what other games he has appeared in besides those.

Back