Did You Find Gilgamesh?

• Yes

Votes: 36 80.0%
  • No

Votes: 10 22.2%
  • Who's Gilgamesh?

Votes: 6 13.3%

• Total voters
When I found out that he was gilgamesh, I couldn't decide if he was as bad as the one in XII or not. both seemed pretty lame.

I got S-Rank first and second time playing it, if i remember correctly i brought ALL the weapons in all stores, steal a lot of items, brought all the storehouse items (including the ones you can sell for money) complete the Chocobo Hot & Cold, and open every chest. I only checked him after that, He gave me Rank said...and finally admited his true Treasure Rank >_< Also got a diplome as a proof of Treasure Hunter Rank-S.

I think all that is counted towards your treasure hunter rank is the amount of treasure chests you have found and opened, including the chocobo treasure chests. If you explore even decently to find the hidden areas treasure chests and persevere through the grueling chocobo hot cold treasure hunt for choco paradise, then you'll have S before you know it, but all you're rewarded with is clowning Gilgamesh, him giving you a rank S medal that as far as I can tell, only impresses the waitress in Trenos inn.

Yeah, also, you don't have to go to Daguerro(sp?) to find out your rank, the chick in the Treno inn also tells you. I think I might have even found a third person that does it, but I don't remember who or where.

I've heard of him and now can't remember whether I met him or not. ¬_¬
*looks up an image on google*
Nope. I don't think I met him. Now where did I hear the name?...
You probably saw him in FFXII, one of your harder marks you have to fight a few times, I think he has two more extra arms now lol, and six swords on his back, all the legendary swords from the previous FFs he's got the masamune and buster sword and other ish of that nature.

Do not double post please ^^

Last edited by a moderator:
You probably saw him in FFXII, one of your harder marks you have to fight a few times, I think he has two more extra arms now lol, and six swords on his back, all the legendary swords from the previous FFs he's got the masamune and buster sword and other ish of that nature.

Do you forget where Gilgamesh started? It was in FFV. This is where he was most memorable. He was one of the main villains. Besides, if he was referenced in IX, why do you believe people remember him from XII? That's not even chronologically possible!

Gilgamesh started in V, cameo'd in DoS, VIII, IX, and then XII (I'm not sure if he is in XI, I refuse to play it).

And to stay on topic, yes, I found out who he was. I was really happy, because, surprisingly, a Gilgamesh appearance never crossed my mind when playing the game, and then when I found out, I was just amazed. I just love how they put him in there like that. Not alot of people would find him in the game like that, and being such a series favourite as he is, it just worked perfectly.

Besides, if he was referenced in IX, why do you believe people remember him from XII? That's not even chronologically possible!
I don't think chronology is too much of a factor when the game is as old as me and FFXII is severely more popular these days. It's not like this thread was started Pre-FFXII, but yeah, thanks for the feedback though

Yes i found him and beat him easily FF9 to me is the most easy game in the series.

I had no idea he was Gilgamesh until I found out after I finished the game, he doesn't really look like Gilgamesh. I never even bothered trying to get to S rank. I rarely bother with things like that in Final Fantasy games.

confused

I found him but I don't know if I ever got rank S. I did most of the side quests for FF9 so I probally did. If he moves to the top right of the screen I did.

Like SaShman, I didn't bother enough about the side quests (Other than the Chocobo's Treasures, which i knew would yield me something great- which came to be some character's ultimate weapons) enough to try at getting Rank S

My gosh, I feel like I saw him everywhere in the game. I found out in a walkthrough that you had to do certain stuff so that you'd get top treasure hunter ranking and he reveals his name to you. I tried to do it but got bored eventually and left it. I knew who he was anyway after reading the Gilgamesh page on Wikia. It was pretty cool to run into him though.

Yes but this was the first FF game I ever played, so when the chance to find him came up, I completed the side-quest and he revealed himself to me, I had no idea the significance in the franchise. So then of course as I continued on and played more games in the series, I went back to FFIX sometime later and it all hit me. Even just an appearance to keep tradition going in the FF legacy.

Yes I did, but when I found out that it was Alley Way Jack (or whatever he goes by in the other towns) I was immediately disappointing! I mean couldn't he be an awesome villain (like in V) or a summon (like in VI and VIII) why did he have to be some crappy card playing guy? sure if you get Excalibur II you get a little more story, but it was still highly disappointing in the end!

I found him and do every time I replay the game. I remember once when I was going for a complete card grid with the highest rank,I had all the cards but I needed to re-get the Red Rose card because it had the same arrow arrangement as another card I had...anyway I went to challenge Gilgamesh only to realized I had already talked to him and revealed his identity so he was no longer there. I couldn't get the other card any where else,so yeah. :(

I didn't find him when I play the game for the first time. I didn't even know that Gilgamesh appears in Final Fantasy IX. How can you find him? Where is he located at?

I didn't find him when I play the game for the first time. I didn't even know that Gilgamesh appears in Final Fantasy IX. How can you find him? Where is he located at?

Next time you play the game, collect as many treasures in the world as you can. This doesn't include any loot from battles, just things from treasure chests, or hidden in corners, etc. You need to find most of the treasure in the game in order to learn about Gilgamesh. It's not near as difficult as it sounds.

Next time you play the game, collect as many treasures in the world as you can. This doesn't include any loot from battles, just things from treasure chests, or hidden in corners, etc. You need to find most of the treasure in the game in order to learn about Gilgamesh. It's not near as difficult as it sounds.

Do he appears in a specific area or do you have to find him around the world map? How many treasure chest are required to unlock him?

He'll appear in Daguerreo. Apparently most all treasures are worth a certain amount of points. You get 1 point for every chest opened, 1 point for every item found behind the (!) icons, 1 point for every item gained in story/side events, and 1 point for every key item bought in the Treno auction house. You get 2 points for every hidden chest or Chocograph treasures you find on the world map while riding Choco. So this would include stuff like the bubbles you use Dead Peppers to reach. From what I understand, you need at least at least 340 points to meet him, and (not including any Chocographs or Choco related treasures) there are supposedly 406 total treasures in the game that give you points. So if you do the math, you can supposedly miss up to 130 normal treasures, and still make it up through Chocographs and Choco related treasures.

Honestly, as long as you're exploring thoroughly, and you do most of the side content, you'll end up with enough points to meet him. I don't think I've ever not done it, but maybe I tend to linger and explore more than most. I know that game back to front because I've played through it so many times, so I don't even have to think to do most of the side content.

You can also find a note addressed to him from Enkidu if you can get to Memoria in under 12 hours and grab the Excalibur II. But that's a major pain, particularly if you aren't playing on a PS1.

I've meet him just never learned his name I think, been to long since I last played that part. More then likely was short of a few items from the auction house since he kept saying my treasure rank was A.

Back