From strongest to weakest...

Jimmy

PIE lover!
Veteran
Gil
I got this idea from a thread in FFVII basically, if you have the time, i want to know which are the characters from FFVI that are the strongest (in your game) and who are the weakest.

My characters from strongest to weakest are:

1st) Gogo: I don't know why so many people dislike Gogo, she/he might not have much of a history, but the ability to copy all of the other characters best attacks make him/her number one in my book. Plus you can give him/her the same skills the other characters have. Honestly Gogo is the strongest and deserves respect:P (and it's not my favourite character)

2nd) Sabin: I think his Blitz techniques make him the strongest character in the game if you can master them well enough.

3rd) Shadow: Great speed and a shuriken can deal maximum damage it's great.

4th) Celes: Good fighter and a great magic user, she is overall a great character.

5th) Locke: I think i used him too much so that's why he is so highly ranked but like Celes he does good damage with both attack and magic, plus he is the second fastest after Shadow, and Thief Gloves own all.

6th) Edgar: His tools are quite useful, plus he is a pretty strong character on his own and can also deal a good amount of magic damage.

7th) Terra: The best magic user. Especially on her Esper form it's only a pity it drains so fast.

(The rest of the characters i don't use much)

8th) Mog: The dances are effective and everything but ever since he failed to perform them three times in a row i kind of put Mog aside, he is a good substitute magic user.

9th) Strago: Some Lore skills are powerfull and they come in handy when you first encounter him, but i believe they aren't that useful further in the game especially if Celes and Terra already deal great damage with their magic, honestly i think Strago is not really useful.

10th) Cyan: His attacks take too long to charge and they aren't that much powerfull especially if you have guys like Sabin and Shadow in your party.

11th) Relm: Her sketch skill is not useful at all, her magic is good but weaker when compared to Terra or Celes making her not useful like her grandpa.

12th) Umaro: He can deal a lot of damage...and that's about it you can't control him so you can't count on him to assist other party members.

13th) Gau:.....he can use attacks from the monsters but he also gets berserk and his attacks are even weaker then Umaro so to me he is the worst character of the bunch.

What do you guys think?

Honestly, it would really depend upon which FFVI we are talking about now, because FFVI/Anthology are the same while containing all of the glitches and powerful affects, while in Advance, they removed alot of things.

Gau would actually be ranked either #1 or #2, because with the right equips, he will be nearly invincible to everysingle form of pyshical and magical attack.

Locke can be argued as one of the best as well, because at the end of the game, he's the single best character to utilize the Genji-Glove + Offering Combo because he is the fastest within the entire game and can equip a vast variety of equipment but most importantly weaponry, which will allow him to unleash 9999 for 8 times on any opponent, which would put him as the strongest offensive character in the game.

Sabin is only good at the beginning to about the middle, at their full potential, he get completely outshined due to the fact that his Blitzes are no longer great, because everyone will have Ultima, etc, etc, which will make his Blitzes completely useless.

Edgar is one of the best characters as well, because his Tools are useful throughout the entire game of FFVI, and he's got great stats along with the ability to equip some of the best equipments in the game, he's w/out a doubt Top 5.

I would post more, but next time I'll compile a complete tier listing for this, but it'll have to wait until next time though.

meh i didnt like lock he was only good in the end game or me as edgar helped throught the entire game ( loved the chainsaw)

for any random non story battle, Relm is the best character to have with her mind control ability.
Mogs Dances have the best effects to them, if you use the right ones. I guess I may have gotten lucky when it came to success rate.
For Shadow I have one word: Throw. Very poerful and good in a bind.
Edgar was great in the begining, but in the end he just becomes a regular attacker when his attacks start to do more than his tools.
Celes was good for magic, and regular attacking. I never understoo her specialability too well.
Sabin. with his fist weapons you didn't really need to use Blitz
Locke had mug
Umaru was a ood group filler when you needed one.

I never really used the rest so

What about Gogo? Don't you guys think it is the most useful character, it can literally copy everything and equip the other characters skills.

Oh and for reference i'm talking about FFVI for the Playstation not the version for GBA.

i think that thats a good list and i agree with that... couldnt have wrote it better myself... lol...

I only remember half of the caracters since it was a freakin long time since I've played FFVI.

1) Gogo: Mimics even the strongest attacks. What else to say?
2) Terra: Esper mode. Nuff said.
3) Sabin: Blitz mode. Espacially Fire dance.
4) Locke: Steal everything you see.
5) Mog: dances are fun!

What about Gogo? Don't you guys think it is the most useful character, it can literally copy everything and equip the other characters skills.

Oh and for reference i'm talking about FFVI for the Playstation not the version for GBA.

His status where Nothing to talk about, because they were not good at all, being able to mimic means nothing if you can't even outclass what the other characters can do in potential.

Even in the PSX version, Locke would still be a freak of nature, simply because Offering+Genji-Glove makes him so powerful. This combination is excellent for only a few characters, which are Terra, Celes and Edgar are the only other three characters who can effectively utilize this combination.

The reason Locke works best with it, is because he can equip the infamous Valiant Knife, this comboed with Atma Weapon, makes Locke the single strongest offensive character within FFVI.

Him having the highest natural speed, means he'll almost always attack first, allowing him to unleash the 8x 9999 combo on any opponent. In the PSX version, this will destroy everysingle character within the game, including Kefka whom in the Snes/PSX version has only 64k hp, and while the 8x hit would deal over 72k+ damage, taking out Kefka in 1 single turn.

In the GBA version, this is even more important, because their are enemies who have well over 100k+ hp, so Locke with the Genjiglove+Offering combo becomes even more important and effective.

If we go by WoB, Gau has absolutely no equal, since he can learn magic skills like Bolt 3, etc, etc during the beginning of the game, making him infinitely stronger then any other character until after the WoR.

I was under the impression that Shadow was the fastest no Locke...i have to check that out on my game.

Gogo to me is still the most useful, i did explain about the Thief Gloves but, that implies character equipment and i based my ranking on stats and "natural skills".

I was under the impression that Shadow was the fastest no Locke...i have to check that out on my game.

Gogo to me is still the most useful, i did explain about the Thief Gloves but, that implies character equipment and i based my ranking on stats and "natural skills".

Locke is the fastest within the game, he has the best natural speed. However, for Shadows character what really makes him lose out is that Throw is not entirely that great, and Interceptor is good when he comes out to block or attack..however that's random. The biggest draw back for Shadow is that he cannot multi-equip like Locke, Terra, Celes or Edgar can. The most powerful of weapons in which Shadow cannot equip, without the use of Merit-Award.

However, overall, throw isn't that great, and at the end, it becomes nearly impossible to tier anyone, because "unique skills" is completely useless, as everyone will be dealing out 9999.

Hence my reason why FFVI is one of the hardest FF games to tier due to this very reason.

Well it really depends, i think that throwing Shurikens is a cheap way to cause a lot of good damage, and Shadow alone is a pretty good attacker, i really believed it was him that was the fastest but perhaps i'm confusing it with another stat, i remember he had the highest stat at something but i can't remember right about now:P

Strongest
Gau
Edgar
Terra
Sabin
Mog

[Mod Edit]: Let's try and add a bit more content to the post in the future, please. Thank you. =]

For me the list would be as follows: (endgame prospective)

1: Sabin, although i tend not to use him because he is perhaps a bit too good, quick, powerful and decent base defence.

2: Terra, although she usually sits somewhere round the middle, endgame with illuminati she easily outdamages everyone save sabin, not to mention esper mode just makes her insane.

3: Celes, equally as powerful as Terra endgame, however her fall down is Runic is not as useful as esper mode and is far too reliant on fighting magic users.

4: Gogo, Slightly slower than the others, but he can use any tech (save for runic and esper form) and is easily equal to sabin on terms of power, his speed lets him down greatly however.

5: Seltzer, now most people would disagree with me, as the character is mostly based off luck, however Seltzer can easily sweep an entire field of enemies in one shot if the reels are in his favor no matter what hp they have.

Back