Annoying Moments

Gabe

Your friend.
Veteran
Gil
The discription says it all... Just post your most annoying moments in FF2. Here are mine:

Dreadnought: OMG!!! I hate the Dreadnaught part where you go in and try to blow it up. It is designed as a dungeon? WTC? It is a floting dungeon? 0.o Umm...It's an airship right? And it is basicly a dungeon. If Square Enix thought about it for a little bit they would probably say: "Why is the Dreadnought Airship a Dungeon? We should change that." And I just hate that the random encounters are like 7 evil monsters that can poison you, parilyze you, or blind you. And right now all 4 of my characters are blinded while 1 is also poisoned. =( Speaking of Dreadnought random encounters...How do the Imperial Soldiers survive?...another story...

Too many condition-giving monsters: There is too many monsters that give you conditions like: Poison, Darkness, Parilysis, etc. and it is too annoying! FF7 was made in 1997, and their condition-giving monsters where about 20% of the monsters in the whole game. but in FF2DOS, The condition giving monsters are about 58% of the monsters! OMG!

Same thing...over...and over...: Ok so now after the first 2 hours of playing this game. omg...Basicly this is the system of the game locations:
Talk to NPC...go to world map...go somewhere very far away...arrive there when you are half KOed...place turns out to be dungeon (NO MATTER WHAT IT IS!)...go to the bottom of the dungeon...fight evil boss thing...get an item it is is guarding...walk ALL THE WAY BACK TO THE NPC YOU TALKED To...give them item...NPC says: "Thank you for returning this! But there is also another thing I need you to do!" NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
(repeat process)

Let's here your annoying storys!

Pretty much all of the places, but the end, man, I never want to play again. This game is the hardest FF, and it may start out fun, but it ends up being a chore, and no game should ever be a chore to play.

I pretty much detested all the dungeons, and going everywhere on the world map annoyed the hell out of me too.

It was also annoying to realise that my characters magic, or strength or whatever was too low ><

This game annoyed me so much that I didn't get even an hour intoit when I vowed never to play it again >_<

Am I the only guy that likes this game?

Well I won't go into all the things I love, too off topic but I did find the whole go to places bring stuff back repeat bit at the start a little annoying but you have to admit considering the circumstances it is realistic. Altair is the base of operations for the whole rebellion.

I hated walking into a room in a dungeon and it turns out that it's empty! And when you try to leave the room, you always end up getting into a fight D:

Dreadnought: OMG!!! I hate the Dreadnaught part where you go in and try to blow it up. It is designed as a dungeon? WTC? It is a floting dungeon? 0.o Umm...It's an airship right? And it is basicly a dungeon. If Square Enix thought about it for a little bit they would probably say: "Why is the Dreadnought Airship a Dungeon? We should change that." And I just hate that the random encounters are like 7 evil monsters that can poison you, parilyze you, or blind you. And right now all 4 of my characters are blinded while 1 is also poisoned. =( Speaking of Dreadnought random encounters...How do the Imperial Soldiers survive?...another story...

Having troubles in the Dreadnought Airship as well, not only is it a hard annoying dungeon. But it doesn't make any sense whatsoever, why would a high in techology advanced airship have ZOMBIES and LIONS in it ?
Not to mention zombies and lions that are hard to beat up and leave you desperate for Hi-potions and Cure 3's after one battle. And when you give the solider leader the pass to get through why does he let you pass, but every other solider on the ship KNOW that your a rebel but he doesn't ?. Been Level grinding for hours because of the Dreadnought Airship..
Can't wait till the annoying thing blows up...

I played the game on the NES so there maybe differences. Regardless, my least favorite parts were:

"Go get this so I can tell you what to get next" quests: At first, when told to get the Mithril, I was thrilled: It made it feel like I was really part of a rebel army. Then I was told to go get an ice sled, a bell, a flame, etc. I realized that I was nothing more than an over glorified errand boy. All of the map was accessible from virtually the moment that you got the ship: The airship only made it easier to get back to places. There were no "wow" moments, only total drudgery.

Empty Rooms: No explanation needed

The Mysidia Tower: I generally hate split level dungeons on principle alone; you know the kind where you have to fo up or down to another level in order to get stuff on the original level. It makes it terrible hard to keep track of what you have or have not gotten. This was another beast entirely, especially as it had monsters that could petrify you. And then, I get up to the top and make a beeline for the center orb, get ultima (which sucked) and only thereafter realized that the other ones gave me stat increases. So then I trudged all the way back up to the top only to find...they had vanished. UGH!

I could go on, but my hands are tired, and Con Law is calling,

D4D

Back