Auron

Darkstar

The forums resident Hippie
Veteran
Gil
Why did they have to take away his sunnies, I mean, that pair of sunglasses gave him his aura of mystique, his shroud of mystery, thats what made auron auron. Who here also agrees with me?

I wouldn't go as far as to say the shades were his key characteristic, so I wasn't all that phased by it. He seemed to resemble his younger self more during the time we see him, and he didn't wear sunglasses then... so...

Eh, who cares. xD

i didn't really care that he was without his shades and in all honesty i hadn't really noticed that he had lost them untill u mentioned it

I did notice it but I just though they had him in his younger self (broken arm included) the shades were not much of his trademark because it does not stick out of everything else involving him

His arm has been like that. I think it was kinda injured due to Yunalesca but it was never broken.

Anywho, I didn't notice his sunglasses missing until you just mention it. It didn't phase me much, really. =/. He was resembling his younger self, so therefore he didn't need them.

i agree it probably occured during his confrontation with yunalesca. it probably would have been a bigger deal if his sunglasses had covered his eyes up completely, but it just didnt phase me much since we already knew what his eyes looked like.

To be honest, I didn't really notice they were missing. Auron went through a lot of changes in this game so he could fit the "Disney style" if you will. His changes are too numerable for me to notice every single one.

it is in a makeshift sling or is he faking for attention?

Allow me to clarify. :wacky:

Auron's character design calls to mind the quintessential "wandering ronin"; he bears more than a passing resemblance to the "Sanjuro" character played by actor Toshiro Mifune in the film Yojimbo. Both allow one sleeve to dangle empty while concealing the arm inside their robe, a ronin characteristic referring to the loss of a master (the symbolic loss of the sword arm).

Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auron#References

Last edited:
True. Still, the character comes from FFX which had Yunalesca. I just assume he has somewhat of a same back story.

Yeah, the way he looked in KH2 was about the same as when he was younger, along side Braska.

He seemed to resemble his younger self more during the time we see him, and he didn't wear sunglasses then... so...
Perfect. KHII wanted to get Auron in the game at a point where he was still dead, but it wasn't too long after that. Going back through FFX flashbacks to his journey with Braska and Jecht, he didn't have them either.

The shades were more of a "hide the eyes of the dead" while playing through FFX.

Yes, I did notice his shades were missing, but I really didn’t care. It was suiting to his design in the game.

I just now noticed that he wears them in FFX. Wow.... Uh... I don't mind him not wearing them. I just don't like Auron really. So I don't care what they did/do with his character. He wasn't even that good in battle in KH2 :hmph:

Auron is a beast :P. im sure SE made him look like his younger self, therefore removing the glasses and making him look like he did when he fight fought with Braska and Jecht.

Back