Quistis or Rinoa?

Wow, this thread is ancient. Haha. :lew:

Anyway, Quistis has the brains and attitude, and Rinoa is the pretty damsel in distress type.

The latter is integral to the main story, but Quistis is more well rounded as a character.

Far as who is a better person to be with Squall, I'd go with Rinoa. Quistis did have to let go of her status back in disc one and accept to go along with Squall as a comrade, and not an instructor anymore. I like that because some characters in some games are hard to let go of their status. I like Quistis a lot more than Rinoa. She kept people in line in multiple situations. Rinoa is just more kind hearted and open. I think because of her and Squall being opposites when it came to expressing themselves, Rinoa rubbed off on him. I can't say that Quistis would have been able to do the same thing, since she can be fairly stern. I'll never forget that time Quistis got up on the machine gun and finished off the robot spider at the end of the mission toward the beginning of the game. Too much epicness there imo.

Wow, this thread is ancient. Haha. :lew:

Anyway, Quistis has the brains and attitude, and Rinoa is the pretty damsel in distress type.

The latter is integral to the main story, but Quistis is more well rounded as a character.

Huh, interesting. I'd argue that the alternative is also true. Quistis has a tough shell at the beginning but she's very insecure at her failures and such and seeks comfort in Squall very early on in the game.

Rinoa on the other hand is a resistance leader - Hardly a damsel in distress. If you look at where she becomes really vunerable it's only really when significant magic is involved rather than her weak personality.

I never really liked Quistis - I felt like she could've never been seen again after the Dollet mission and it wouldnt really have changed the game much.

Rinoa, today I find Quistis to be extremely creepy, crushing on a student and sometimes taking advantage of her status of a teacher to get close to said student and even takes student to a secret room where people go to make-out and have sex.

I also find Squall to be understandably upset, about the way Quistis treats him and refuses to listen to her. Squall even says it before they go to the secert room, that he's uncomfortable and awkward about how Quistis is trying to flirt with him.

Rinoa, understands Squall a little more, maybe not a first, but she quickly learns and understands that Squall is putting up walls, and needs help letting know that it's okay, to trust in others. She understands him, while Quistis fails to understand that what she's doing is not ok.

Rinoa is naive, and the player needs to save her life more than once, though she does try and make attempts, even though she's not a trained soldier like the rest. Rinoa keeps on failing, almost dies more than once, goes through traumatizing events, becomes scared of fighting- though she still keeps trying.

As a character, I always liked Quistis more. I just found her more interesting and kind of wished they had developed her character more. As to who makes a better pairing with Squall, I honestly couldn't have cared less because I hated Squall with every fiber of my being. But I also hated Rinoa so I guess that's a perfect pairing right there.

Back