Quistis or Rinoa?

Playing the game I would have thought Quistis would have been the one, since Squall and her had that *I hate but really love* relationship, but when they talked in the cut scene at the graduation, neh. Then again I didn't like Rinoa all the much either, she had been with Sifer before and seemed like a little child wanting to be the drama queen and the center of attention.

squall would have been better off with quistis as she was more mature than rinoa plus i always thought rinoa had a kind of bond with zell but hey thats just my opinion

I always thought Rinoa had a bond with Squall, however bad for Squall the relationship would be...

Honestly, I couldn't care less. If anyone, maybe Rinoa, but Squall would have rather dated an inanimate object than a human in this game. He showed no emotion to anyone in this game even up to the point where he had to save Rinoa out in space. He's meant to be alone or else Square would have hitched him up with someone. Like I said, maybe Rinoa, but definitely not Quistis.

Squall does start to show emotion to people the more he is around Rinoa.

But then again this problem goes back to his childhood. (you may know that if you paid attention in the cutscenes)

I liked Quistis worlds more than Rinoa. In fanfiction, I like Squall and Quistis, but in reality...Squall should remain alone.

Because mushy, lovey-dovey Squall is sickening. I liked him more when he was a surly douchebag.

Well as much as I'm a fan of Squinoa and Quall, strange ship names, I've to chose Squinoa all the way, I'm usually not much of a follower of canon couples, I tend to go for more alternative ones, but in this case I make an exception...

But really I prefer
Cloud/Leon(Squall) :cool: but that's something that can only be pictured in Kingdom hearts or FF7/FF8 crossovers

Last edited:
What?! ALL of y'all are wrong.. Squall/Selphie all the way. xD

No, but in all honesty, I've always shipped Rinoa and Squall. :D

There was like, no reason for Squall to be with Quistis. Quistis wasn't all fun-loving and bouncy and stuff, and was instead more mature like Squall. Squall needed someone like Rinoa to come out of his shell!

I prefered him to be with Rinoa, the idea of him being with Quistis just seems to weird.
i think if Quistis & Squall had gotten together they would of just ended up miserable and boring. Rinoa was just loads of fun... altho I doubt Quistis would need any kind of rescuing at all ^^

Haven't played the game, but yeah I'll go with Quistis. Watched a vid of her and Squall.

Uh, pardon me, but if you haven't played the game, it sort of makes your post invalid.

I voted Quistis. Reasons:

1. Rinoa was clingy and just annoying.
2. Quistis just screams "kinky librarian" with those glasses and whip :wacky:

I always felt that Quistis was just a deeper character. Putting two serious and slightly introverted characters together wouldn't work well.

As much as I adore Quistis, Squall and her just wouldn't work.

Though, I always found it odd that people use the claim of Rinoa having to be saved all the time, as the reason for their relationships success. If anything, it just annoyed Squall. He's the anti-hero, he's forced into everything. So, I think Squall would prefer it if she DIDN'T have to be saved all the time. xD

i think squall deserved to be with rinoa. she was the opposite of squall, and they whent toogether. when ever i played the game, it felt like squall was un-easy towards quistise, maybie we was shy about her, maybie he didnt like her, but i never thought they we good together. also, quistis didnt have much of a role near the end, where as rinoa seemed to be in it most of the game.i voted rinoa,she wrks with him, and you can tell he cares for her very much.

Well, I'm not a fan about a older girl getting together with a guy younger than her, so I prefer Rinoa.
Although I do like Quistis for her beauty and smartness and fighting technique, I just don't get her.
Squall and Rinoa, a great couple!!!!

Quistis. She has that whip which is damn kinky and Squall is blatantly into that bondage shizzle :wacky:(The quiet ones always are).

Back