Build-A-Member
Mogrinch
FFXIV
Mitsuki Calei
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Free Company
Gaia
Many of us have watched different kind of animes. Rather than focusing on the anime itself, let's focus on the characters instead. So, out of all the animes you have seen, which character(s) really stood out? What makes the character a distinctive individual...? Please state which anime those characters are from.

I would like to say that Sousuke from the Full Metal Panic series really captured my attention. He was one of the reason why I kept watching the series and not get bored throughout the story. Normally, male anime characters do not interest me as much, but Sousuke really won my heart. I love how he's so reserved, but funny. What's so good is that he doesn't try to act funny either...he's always serious, but his actions are hilarious. One of a kind character.

Then there's Mitsuki. xD I got the name "Mitsuki" from Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien. The heroine there was just extremely unique and refreshing. I suppose she was realistic enough in a sense that many girls can actually relate to her - personal love life, friendship, problems, jealousy, etc. It wasn't like any other character. Not at all. She really stands out, and I know I can say that she's my favorite character of all time...

Her character is a symbol of many trials and relationship problems that girls go through in their life. That's why I think her character is unique. None of those "I'm just a happy-go-lucky girl and all giggly everytime someone says something funny"...No, her character is actually realistic, and I really appreciate that.

The first character that immediately springs to mind is Osaka in Azumanga Daioh. Her spaced-out way of thinking and her total cluelessness at times is hugely endearing and some of the stuff she comes out with is hilarious. Although I love all the characters in Azumanga Daioh, there's something about Osaka that sets her apart. There's not many characters out there like her.

Sesshomaru from the show Inuyasha always seemed to be a cool character to me.The way he walked around and almost never raises his voice, so calm and cool even when facing death. So cool

Interesting Characters: Kei Kurono from Gantz, Haruhi Suzmiya from Haruhi, and Major from GITS

I'd say for one, Rurouni Kenshin. He is easily one of the most interesting character ever created in the world of anime. His backstory and history are pretty awesome and provide an actually sensible reason as to why he acts the way he does in the present. Apart from that, he's a samurai who fights for justice and for the ones he loves. Cheesy but effective.

Sakura from Naruto. She became my favorite character instantly. In the beginning she wasn't very strong, but she kept getting tougher. Now in Naruto Shippuuuden she is super strong and powerful.

Well it wouldn't be fair to say, this one is interesting and this one is not, however a few do stand out.

In the Anime Naruto for example, Kakashi is a very interesting character. Not only because of his general behavior and abilities. But because he has a story behind him, which has (clearly) influenced him a lot. Also his relatioship with the other characters and the way he sees things (unlike Naruto himself =P) makes him very interesting. Plus he also has been the student of Yondaime - the 4th Hokage (won't reveal the real name cuz that is one HEAVY spoiler). Well this is a very sumarised view, but I have to say Kakashi. [[Also his excuse for being late is awesome]]

Well then who else? Hmmm I find Grimmjow from Bleach a very interesting character. A very bad ass Espada, who is quite similar to Kenpachi, who is also bad ass. Two men who also are interesting would have to be Raito/Light and L from Death Note, the duels in which both of them participated were awesome (Manga-wise), not sure about Anime since I didn't see much of it.

There are of course many more, both female as well as male, but a single post is not enough. =P

Hmmm, I'd have to say Ion, Esther and Seth from Trinity Blood. Ion is awesome because while the kid's a vampire, he's able to have complete control over himself. Not to mention I also loved the interaction and romantic hints between himself and Esther. Seth is awesome because I never once in a million years expected her to be empress! She just seemed like your typical little girl <3 I adore Seth
Edward Elric from FMA. Now that's one seriously awesome guy. I love his unique mechanical limbs and the way he performs alchemy. I also love how he transmutes his right arm into a handblade, can transmute a lance from the ground and creates a circle just by clapping his hands (which also boils down to the seeing the "True Knowledge", but I won't go into that) Another thing that drew me in to Ed was of how complex and deep his character is. Trying to bring their mother back, sacrificing himself for his younger brother no matter what the situation is, Ed is definitely a one of a kind.

LT-YO, I know this isn't my section, but can you please add more to your post? Like explain why you find Kaoru to be interesting. Thank you.

Ok, on to the characters.

Ayame from Fruits Basket. The guy is so over the top and never fails to crack me up. Even when he is being super serious he always ends up doing something in the end that has me laughing my ass off.

Rin Kobayashi from Please Save my Earth. He is a seven year old kid with the memories of an adult from his past life. Unfortunantly, he was reborn 9 years after his lover in his previous life and his longing for her is heartbreaking.

Yoko from 12 Kingdoms. One of the best developed characters ever in an anime. She starts out as a spoiled crybaby who is sent to another world where she finds out that she is the new queen. Over the first arc she matures greatly until you can barely recognize her as she becomes a competent ruler. In the third arc she's quite the badass as she handles a rebellion in her Kingdom, one she is infact apart of.

Dilandau from Escaflowne. This guy is just psychotic. He's a pyromaniac and causes much trouble for the main characters. He has a bizaar relationship with his subordinates as he is often very abusive towards but later in the series it's obvious that he cares deeply for them. And he has one of the most WTF! plot twists ever in an anime.

Drat, somebody already mentioned Light and L...

Ryuk got my attention pretty quickly (Deathnote). Just thinking that all this death and chaos was caused just because a Shimigami (sp?) got bored. Now THAT's funny.

Heiei (er...don't know how tp spell his name lol) from Yu Yu Hakusho was pretty cool. He is always so dark and brooding, yet he makes funny remarks at the expense of his "friends".

Alucard from Hellsing was awesome. He's always looking for a good fight, and loves to "die" early on in a fight, in order to get his opponets' hopes up. Just as they celebrate, he gets back up and tells them how weak they really are. Then, he slaughters them. If he gets a real challenge, he goes crazy and gets really excited (Alucard vs. Luke Valentine showed that side of Alucard lol)

Ok, on to the characters.

Ayame from Fruits Basket. The guy is so over the top and never fails to crack me up. Even when he is being super serious he always ends up doing something in the end that has me laughing my ass off.

I definitely agree with this.

I'd also say Osaka and Sakaki from Azumanga Daioh, both have very strange inner workings that don't reflect how they look at all. Osaka, when you first see her, you expect quite a bookish, intelligent person, but she's as slow as a snail. Sakaki is first presented as looking quite intimidating, and perhaps cruel, but inwardly she's extremely sweet. :monster:

Inoue Orihime from Bleach is my favourite Anime character ever, she's perfect in every way. She's intelligent, but not obnoxious, beautiful, but not vain, and just absolutely awesome in every way imho :monster:

if any one knows laharl from disgaea he stood out alot cause he is not scared to speak his mind and laugh at the most devious things. every time he comes out you remember the distinct laugh that gets stuck in your head.

Chiaotzu from Dragonball Z is interesting...

But not in a good way. He's like a...mime or something. With his creepy little hat removed, he only has one hair stickin' outta his head.

Yup, that character gets me asking questions.

"What is it? A mime?"

"Why doesn't its appearance seem to change?"

"If it rubs its own face, will its make-up come off? Is that even make-up at all!?"

I thought that Scar from Fullmetal Alchemist was an interesting character, with a mysterious background which made me have divided feelings towards him as a character.
As others have said, Edward was another great character. He stood out, but I wouldn't say he stood out to me as much as Scar did.
Reki from Haibane Renmei was interesting. She developed, it seemed, rather slowly, but in the last couple of episodes the truth came out and her character really shined.

Scar defitnitly stood out, almost through the entire anime was always flashing back to him. he was the second main character. Toshiro stands out on bleach cause he was a prodigy and a kid. When your a kid fighting a adult tell me that isn't hard. His fighting style really made him look like he had a dragon inside. Unstoppable Relentless and Furious!

Last edited:
Ryo Narushima from Shamo, a completely deranged psychopath that killed his parents. Yet threw out the series he is able to justify every horrible deed he does. And you end up cheering for him when doing unspeakable atrocities to innocent people.

*howdy ho weve got a lot of anime lovers all around the world :D and im one of em! :) by the way this is a great thread, this will determine the favorites from the interesting characters, cause some stand out for their coolness, aura and simply because theyre the lead character of the story :D well enough chit chat heres my interesting pics :D

*Luffy from one piece! hes a very interesting character, kinda like those carefree mindless anime leads but possess super powers and become cool when theyre mad or get serious :D he stands out the most because hes wacky and act like a goof ball but hes the strongest one of em all! :D

*Kabuto from naruto, actually hes one of the fav characters of all anime, hes an intelligent deadly dude and hes neither good or evil, he only supports orochimarus ideals, means hes only fighting for what he believes in! that doesnt make him evil, it makes him human errr anime character :D

*Sunako of yamato nadeshiko well this is a new anime and shes a weird character at best. shes sure stands out and shes definately interesting with all the gothic and dark attributes she emmits but shes a beautiful person inside and thats what counts :)

*thats all for now fols :D weeeeeeeee partyyyyy! :D :D

Back