Anime Favorite Characters

Archer from Fate/Stay Night he was a pretty cool character with a mysterious background also he stood up against Berserker, which I though was really cool.

I must say that both Ed & Al from Fullmetal Alchemist are great characters. Funny as hell and their brotherly love is beyond comprehension.

Other characters that come in mind is Yagami Light and L from Death Note, highly intelligent freaks battling out mental battles instead of psysichal fights like every other anime existing is really nice and refreshing.

The characters that truly caught my attention wern't from anime,but from mangas.
One of the character who's personality,and story kept me reading the manga was the protagonist of 20th Century Boys ,Kenji.This was a bit strange cause I don't tend to like the protagonist as much as I did Kenji. He keeps going back reflecting on his life. Despite everything he's just an ordinary guy who ends up saving the world. Coming to think of it this is pretty much what a lot of protagonist are like. Maybe it was the master storytelling of the author Naoki Urasawa.

Last edited:
I would say that Orochimaru from naruto is a pretty cool character. He is evil, but not like other evil characters. He doesn't have any goals. He doesn't want to destroy the world nor does he want to rule the world. He just wants war cause he likes to see the countries in action. As he says: A moving windmill is an interesting thing to look at but if it's not moving it is not interessting. And he has all the typical things that a villian should have. He really doesn't care if things are unfair or not. Sometimes he can be a bit disgusting. He really is an interresting character to me since hes not like other villians.

"Tomoyo Daidouji" with sentence" I want to make you happy because seeing you smilling make me happy"

Tomoyo is the daughter of the president of Daidōji Toy Company, Sonomi Daidōji (Samantha Taylor). Sonomi and Sakura's mother Nadeshiko Kinomoto (Natasha Avalon) are first cousins, which makes Sakura, Toya and Tomoyo second cousins. Tomoyo's father is never shown in the series and is only alluded to once, but it is apparent that he does not live in the Daidōji household. Her western-style house in Tomoeda is quite grand, with several maids serving the household. She is sometimes attended by the Daidōji family's team of female bodyguards, and has access to prototype technology from her mother's company (including the cell phones she supplies to Sakura and her circle).
Tomoyo is very mature for her age. One of her major character traits is her selflessness towards Sakura. Tomoyo is kind, caring, highly intelligent, beautiful, meticulous, and very melodic (she has a superb singing voice and often has solos in choir recitals). She always speaks using formal verb conjugations and expressions, giving her a unique air of refinement amongst the cast. When needed, Tomoyo can exhibit considerable cunning and resourcefulness, which was most prominently displayed in the final movie (much of which revolved around a complicated scheme she had devised to give Sakura as many opportunities as possible to confess her feelings to Syaoran).
Tomoyo aids Sakura's efforts to be in the company of Yukito TsukishiroSyaoran Li (Li Showron) when he finds himself falling in love with Sakura. (Julian Star) on many occasions, and, in the second half of the series, becomes the confidante of

I think Kyoko Mogami from Skip Beat is an interesting character too. Her reaction and expression to thinks are always uber funny. (Or should i say, the artist's depiction of her reactions is funny.)

Eitherway, as a character, she's also funny, and can be mature at times. Quite okay.

Ringo Noyamano(air gear)-A female character who's not afraid to take care of others and kick their butt.She's complicated and hard to understand but in my opinion.
Rider(fate/stay night)-A stealth assassin.Her looks really attracted me(because she was mysterious) and loved the way she moved,like a spider.It's disappointing that she doesn't talk a lot but it seems like she cares about her Master.
Hitachiin Brothers(OHSHC)-Love this pair,maybe because they're so evil and cute but they make me laugh.

I'll post more later cause I can't remember any other characters,even though I have many.

I really like Sosuke Aizen from bleach he is so badass. Oh and another thing is when he is all nice to Momo and than he stabs her with his zanpakuto. I also love Retsu Unohana and Rukia Kuchiki. Retsu I just fell in love with her and Rukia is just pure Sick!!! Anyways about Retsu she is just a healer but I think when she finnaly draws her sword we will find out that she is the strongest captain.

Ed Elrich and Roy Mustang from Full Metal Alchemist were my favorite two. Was always funny how they constantly argued and talked trash about each other and fought almost like brothers do. Especially how Mustang always belittled him about his height in his face but behind the scenes he had the utmost confidence in him. Thought was quite hilarious how he'd put on the show to get Ed all riled up for no reason.

Adding...

Natsume Aya-She's misunderstood and most of the she's known because of her sister.She could be a great character if she wasn't from a shounen manga.A really strong one physically and that's why I'd like to see her win more battles rather than get beat up.

I also really like Jushiro Ukitake from Bleach he is a pretty cool character. I find his Zanpaketo really cool I can not imagine what his bankai will be. Hahah A mega tsunami maybe!!

I find Lelouch an interesting character, I liked his way of thinking, power of Geass, and what he did in the end of R2 (I cba using spoilers so I can't bother writing it), the only thing that irritates me is that he did let almost everybody around him to die or to a major danger without protecting them. :\

there are alot interesting characters in code geass i find.

lelouch was a great character. his sense of leadership, determination is what made him a great character. to make the world a better place worthy of nunnally's sight. and at even at times it seemed he was going in the opposite direction and had lost sight of everything. he could lived his life as a normal person as lelouch lamperouge with his friends and nunnally beside him, but he couldn't just ignore the injustice in the world.
and his self sacrfice at the end, is what really won me over. there were times i hated him and favored suzaku over him, but in the end he won.

speaking of suzaku. suzaku is also an interesting character. his sense of justice. and his battle with his friendship with lelouch. and his battle with himself. man i really want to say something, but i im going to spoil the ending. what he did in the end was also epic. and i can't believe he did that.

Last edited:
Yuki Nagato from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (Haruhi Suzumiya no Yuutsu).

She never changes the tone of her voice or the emotion on her face. She is always emotionless, and never talks for more than 5 seconds except when explaining something extremely complicated that nobody understands. She is always seen reading books and rarely does anything else. She is also an alien. ("Artificial human created by the Data Overmind") >.> So she can manipulate the "data" around her, which gives her some supernatural abilities.
For example, she has never played the guitar before a certain episode, and practiced on it for less than one hour before playing this song along with Haruhi and 2 other girls:
Or when she rewrites the code of a space-simulation game in ~10 minutes using only CMD =P

And she NEVER changes the look on her face nor the tone of her voice - not even when impaled by spikes.
(see ~5:30)

One of my favourite anime characters. She's just awesome.
(Disclaimer: The text you just read contained spoilers.)

Gotta agree on the Yuki Nagato post. She's one of my fav characters from the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Anyway, the character that comes into mind is Ranma Saotome from Ranma 1/2. Even though he's brash and cocky (and sometimes so full of himself), he does have some standards. He'd sometimes save his enemies from certain doom no matter how much he hated them. Come to think of it, I never actually saw anyone die in the anime.

Another is Zeon/Zeno from Konjiki no Gash Bell. He's just cold-hearted. Nothing moves him. He'd destroy anything he finds as a threat. Um, I guess that's it for him, actually. :)

Last edited:
Nico Robin from One Piece. Despite not becoming a major player until some time in the 20th volume or so, and despite the fact that One Piece is generally more campy than anything else, Robin ends up with quite the backstory to her that ends up being one of the saddest parts of the entire series. Her character undergoes so many changes from the time she first appears (volume 13) to the point that she truly becomes one of the crew (volume 44) that looking between each end of the spectrum is a little dizzying, especially considering that a lot of main characters in SJ series develop from "I'm gonna be #1!" to "DAMMIT I'M STILL GONNA BE #1!"

sasuke from naruto because he is determined to get revenge an he doesn't like to show his emotions.

monkey d' luffy from one piece because he is so determined to be king of the pirates like his father gold roger.

Reactions: Kei
Lelouch Lamperouge from Code Geass. You gotta love him and you gotta hate him. But for me, he's a really cool character. He's living two lives, as Zero, the great leader of the Black Knights and as an ordinary student, a brother who cares for his sister. Though he ended up turning his back to everyone even to his sister (except for CC) and became the enemy of the world. But after all the bad things he did, he atoned for it. That's what makes him great for me.
Kenshin Himura of Rurouni Kenshin is interesting too. Especially his dark past. A former killer turned wanderer. And the story behind the cross scar on his cheek. Watch the OVA 'Samurai X: Trust and Betrayal' for that.
Johan Liebert from Monster. What makes this guy interesting is his psychological problems. He's obsessed with murdering people just because he made himself believe that the horrible memories and experiences of his twin sister was his own. He's a genius murderer, not to mention he's just about 20 years old and already killed many people.

Rurouni Kenshin is an interesting character. An assassin turned into a wanderer. He killed so many people in the past and now he want to use his sword to help people and not to kill them. He also fight with his old self.

Back