Votes: 37 8.3%
  • It's alright

Votes: 26 5.8%
  • I hate it

Votes: 10 2.2%
  • I've never even played it

Votes: 9 2.0%

• Total voters
I LOVE it. Really, you have no idea how happy I was when I saw FF had a medieval setting again, and had Black Mages :D

FFIX was great, but next to FFVII and FFVIII, I felt it lacked something. I think that the battle system might have been a little too simple.

Otherwise, it did have some great moments, and it is a great game, it's just not as good as some of it's big brothers :p

alright i know alot of people are gonna get mad at me for saying this but i think FF 7 is kinda overrated. its like yeah we've seen it a million times now settle down not a big deal.

Lol, don't worry about saying that!

FFIX is pretty awesome - it's cute, has very interesting and addictive sidequests, plus a rather good cast of characters that don't seem to get on my nerves at all!

Argh I voted Like It a while back but now I love it damn!!!

It's been a real grower on me this one. I was indifferent to it the first time I saw it, but playing through the story endeared me to it, and the cute characters too. It's one of my favourite love stories, and the comedy parts were just spot-on.

I have a couple of niggles with the battle system, but it still doesn't do much to tarnish this game, really enjoyable :)

Hmm...since it's the whole reason I got into Final Fantasy, and RPGs to begin with, I'd have to say I love it.

I guess I'd say "I love it"...The most character development of the PSX-gen FFs, easy (no big contest there though, really). The ability & battle systems weren't anything flashy, but I don't think either really needs to be. The story itself was kind of meh and the main character was a complete blank slate until the final 15 minutes of the game...otherwise he was just a Locke wannabe. :P

But I never really felt like it was about Zidane (again, until the final 15)...Vivi is the one character that, to me, stands out above the rest. Whether it was the confrontation w/the final Waltz aboard the airship where he finally just looses all of his anger or the off-the-wall wakky scene where he marries Quina! He was easily the best thing FFIX contributed to the series as a whole.

The main thing I HATED about FFIX, though, was the GD aesthetics!! It may be because it's been a while, but I don't recall many, or any, songs that stood out...aside from that, which is fairly forgivable...there's teh damnedable use of the chibi, big-head-mode, sprite-tribute 3D models...I mean, I for one have always been a big fan of Yoshitaka Amano and here, we finally get a cast of characters all designed by him again after Nomura did VII & VIII...and they absolutely BUTCHER them all into cutesy little freaks!!! After they managed to make good interpretations of Nomura's stuff for VIII, I must say, I was more than a bit disappointed.

I like this game. The characters, the artistic design, the plot...they were all awesome. It was like a tribute to the old FFs. And even though Kuja seemed a bit one-dimensional to me, I still loved him as a villain. However, one of the things that really hurt my opinion of IX was trance. Ugh! I hated that! Damn trance, blemishing a perfectly awesome game! Well...other than trance, it was really great game.

^^ Pretty much sums it up for me too.

It was my first FF ever. I loved it and it took me so many "do-overs" to finally beat it a couple years ago. It is probably my favorite, even though it's not the best. If that makes any sense. :)

I hate it, the characters, the storyline and the Villain, I didn't like Kuja he wasn't much of a villain I think they were trying to make another Sephiroth but it seems it didn't work out with them, also having 2 summoners in the game is stupid because the other summoner was completely useless.

I really do love it.Zidane made me love it with his flirtly personality.There were some very funny parts between him and Garnet.The story was nice too,but cannot call it a masterpiece.Just wish it lasted longer.

Love it.It was my first FF game what i played and i couldnt get my hands off from it for long time.The story and atmosphere is just super :)

I really like this game, because when I play this games I feel that I play Final Fantasy origin.

Although I got bored halfway through disk 2, I have really enjoyed this game so far! The story is great, and the characters - especially Zidane - are entertaining at times, touching at others. They truly feel realistic. The overall feel of the game is closer to fantasy than VII and VIII, although possibly less so than X too, which means it fits nicely into the series. :)

There are many good things to say about it, tbh, and I fear my thoughts will all get muddled since many ideas are coming to me at once! So I'll list the pros and cons. :P

+ Story - As with all the FFs, the story is incredible (it's the main reason I love the series).
+ Characters
+ Music - I said more about this in another thread... In summary, it fits each character, scene and area perfectly, making you feel more involved, and making everything feel more realistic.
+ Gameplay - Back to 4 on a team, in traditional FF style!
+ World - Simply beautiful, and well thought out. It's vast, and has so much variey too. :)
+ FMVs - They were possibly less impressive than those in VIII, but they were still wonderful! I miss the old days when they had long FMVs. :(
+ Designs - Ok, so the characters look a bit kiddy, but I loved that!

- Some of it is a bit slow paced...
-

I think ff9 was a good game, it took me a while to get into it though but when i did get into it it had very good game play, lots of good mini games and one of my favourite characters (vivi). But the thing that really turned me off this game was the setting, it lost the futuristic setting of ff7/8 and as these were the games i really grew up playing it to me didn't seem to be a final fantasy.

Last edited:
I just started this game like 2 hours ago so I really cant say.But it's alright so far. =/ Seems a game I'll love to death.

I love it! I love the characters, with the way Garnet/Dagger develops over the game and I love the twists in the story too, and Kuja is a good villian in my opinion.

And Vivi, awww you just gotta love him ^^

Back