• It's alright

Votes: 26 5.8%
  • I hate it

Votes: 10 2.2%
  • I've never even played it

Votes: 9 2.0%

• Total voters
I loved it!!

The characters, the story, the music, the settings, the sidequests and all the charm. This game packed a lot of beauty into it and I feel it is definately among my top experiences of any game. I began Final Fantasy with VII so I never got to experience all those castles, kings, knights and kingdoms so when I got IX I thought this is how Final Fantasy always should have been. To me when I thought Final Fantasy I thought of everything that IX had, so when IX came I loved it. The game was everything I hoped for and more. Beautiful game.

I love it. I'm so glad Square brought old school Final Fantasy back. This is one of my favorite Final Fantasy games. Zidane was one of the best main characters in any game i've played.

FFIX had the best side quests out of all the FF games. :monster:

I love FF IX it is amazing and is one of my favorite games along with FF VII. It has amazing side quests even though i'm not real far into the game. It is a must-have for any FF fan

I loved the characters. I love the idea of princesses and castles. But for some reason I was like blahh. The game wasn't like "Wooow" It's like I want to play it but at the same time don't. I liked the battle system better than FFVIII though. Zidane was better than Squall. I liked his flirty attitude. Garnet was someone I could relate to and also Vivi so it helped made the game more interesting for me.

FFIX is still the only game where (after beating it) I continued to play it until I had done every last thing. I usually beat it, get bored and then get everything. It also has the best battle system. All the characters were great ecept Amarant and lani. But Amarant made up for it by being a good fighter so he was in my team.
The only bad point about the plot is that they copied one major thing from FFIV, which at the time was the only other FF I'd played.

I love it eventough I didn't finish it....I'm currently busy with Clive Barker's Jericho.....but after I finish this one I'll go for it and finish the game.
I just love the story so far, the characters are cool except for Quina(duh) and I even like Amarant:D. The battle system is a bit hard but it's okay and the FMVs rule....but not as much as the ones in FFVIII. Music....excelent...not one of my favourites but excelent.

It was the first FF that I played through well. After finishing FFIX, I played the others a lot better. I don't know why. Probably because it gave me GAMER EXPERIENCE!

it's probably my second favorite of the series, right after FFVII, and honestly it doesn't fall to far behind. It's a great game, I've played it in the past until the end of CD1 and now I'm playing it again emulated on my PSP (so I can play outside, in college and stuff), I'm probably at the middle of the 2nd cd and loving every single bit of it. I love the childish design, this is one game when you start playing it and right from the beginning you can say "this actually feels like Final Fantasy"

unlike FFXII :\

Haha, yes i got the first "i hate it" vote, i played it for an hour but couldnt get intrigued by it, BUT if i find a cheap PAL version i will TRY to complete it

This game is my absolute favorite of all of them.:woot: I've played it so much, I've got the soundtrack(which I love), and I've even tried to get it to run on my psp. Too bad I had the wrong motherboard. :sad2:

Anyway, I love the whole game. Even the trance system, I'm willing to put up with ultimate power at the wrong moments just to keep on lovin' this game.

I personally love this game its my second fave game in the series after VII. I love the characters and the story.

Also imo its the funniest FF game - I just loved the humour in this game. Plus this game has the best sidequests/minigames in the series - Chocobo Hot and Cold, which I really love.

So yeah FFIX is defintely one of fave overall FF games. XD

This game is my absolute favorite of all of them.:woot: I've played it so much, I've got the soundtrack(which I love), and I've even tried to get it to run on my psp. Too bad I had the wrong motherboard. :sad2:

Anyway, I love the whole game. Even the trance system, I'm willing to put up with ultimate power at the wrong moments just to keep on lovin' this game.
what's the problem with your motherboard? unless you have a PSP Slim version, you can run psx iso's just fine if you downgrade. All fat PSPs can be downgradable and if you use the latest firmware 3.71-m33 you can use the built-in psx emulator to run ff9 and every other psx games.

btw i'm now at the third cd,
after alexandria got destroyed by the old man when being attacked by kuja and now dagger lost her voice and i'm finding the cure for the oglop form of regent cid.

I liked this game because of the story. But I hated how you learned your magic because it forced me to keep weapons I didnt need when I had something stronger in my inventory.

That and it all seemed really Childish. FFVII and VIII was darker and thats how I like it. I love the darker story lines. Plus as I said it seemed a little childish. Everyone looked to be in their Teens or something.

So yea I liked this game but I know someone who down right loves this game.

everybody was in their teens in FFVIII, and i don't think some of the charecters in VII were that old either. but i agree that it wasn't as mature as the previous FF's. I liked learning spell and techniques it made things a bit more interesting. It was a good game deffinatly.

Really good game. It doesn't pull at me like FFVII and X did, but it has a place in my heart because of its charm. I loved the characters, and it was just much more light-hearted after VII and VIII.:)

Not my favourite FF but still a good game for the series, there were parts I didn`t like, such as if you didn`t use trance in straight away then you lost it.........it doesn`t carry over to the next battle. But there were also things that I thought were great, for me IX had the best FMV`s.
That said I have to confess my inherent dislike for a final enemy who only pops up just before you fight him................whats the point!!!

That said I have to confess my inherent dislike for a final enemy who only pops up just before you fight him................whats the point!!!

Psh, there's plenty a point as to why that is the case. You just have to pay attention to the story line a little more ^_-

Back