FFVIII : Love It Or Hate It?

Love it or Hate it?

• Total voters
I put hate it, since I disliked most of what VIII offered in terms of gameplay. Though I did enjoy the game story wise and a great amount of sidequests.

I absolutely love the game. There seems to be a common theme though with those who liked ffVIII, and that applies to me as well. That theme being most people didn't like it when they first played it, then later after returning to it, loved it.

It ranks right near the top as one of my favorite RPG's.

I disliked the game at first, however after I played it for a while I really got into it, and now I like almost every aspect of it. It's not as good as my personal favourite, Final Fantasy VII, but still.

Being it was the first game I had purchased out of the series I beat it in a matter of days. Despite the "emo" main character I still enjoyed it.

I did, however, dislike the fact that the monsters leveled up with you. I got Squall to 99 in the Training Grounds and everyone else suffered. :(

"emo" main character? how so?

Anyways i didnt realy like the game because i didnt like some of the systems such as the GF. I thought it was the worst system in the series accept for the liscence board. I also hated the Draw system WITH A PASSION. It was the absolute worst thing ever.

The thing i did like tho was the card game. I enjoyed collecting the cards and battling other players

Personally I loved the game. I couldnt find any fault with it except for a few annoyances. I hated the junctioning system because it got ridiculous after the beginning. I also hated the card Rules as it made so friggin hard to win player cards most of the time. I like the fact you could see the weapon you bought. the weapon graphics themselves.

LOVE IT!

Seriously loved this game, and it is my 3rd fave in the series. I just loved the Characters in VII, especially Edea....

I personally loved this game alot. The characters were well done and the story line was done very nicely.

The junctioning system took a moment to grasp and get use too but, once you got it, it's pretty easy. lol. I loved it.

It had the best GF level system of the FF games. Cuztomization was done very good.

Only thing I hate about this game is how long it takes for the game to actually start. All that stuff you go through in the beginning is so pointless. -___-;; lol.

It was my first Final Fantasy, so it has a special place in my heart.

My Loves: Quistis, Laguna, Irvine, Selphie, and the ability to boost GFs. Plus, running around and making money was pretty cool, haha.

My Hates: Rinoa, the love story, the junctioning system, the ease of the battle system in general.

I mostly loved the game though. It had the best intro, the best FMV sequences [still, I think], and the best ending.

well. i can't hate, but i can't love it. but i gotta pick one. since teh gam eit self was not so good, yet the story line was pretty damn good.

iam gonna have to say loved it.

i am a sucker for great story lines

I thought it has/had the best GF's/GF level system of them all too...
Favourite GF ever: Diablos...
so cool...
The one thing that annoyed me was the beginning. With the whole cavern, Galbadia bit...
otherwise, it was totally awesome!

I love this game... however this game I really hated sometimes since it has like a bajillion quests... did you know there is a random rock finding quest I mean wtf? It is the best at random little quests in my opinion. Every time I play it I find something else I didn't do.

FF VIII was quite alright just didn't like the romantic part that much and Squall is so.... suppish.

Last edited:
FFVIII was my very first Final Fantasy game. I got both the game, and my PS1 for Christmas the year of it's American release, and so it still holds a very special place in my heart.. I think the music was it's biggest downside, honestly, as well as it's character designs.. The storyline is phenomenal, however, and I love the battle system in 8. <3

I actually really enjoyed VIII, maybe even more so than VII. It's really hard to pick a favourite when it comes to Final Fantasy.

I suppose you love each game for a different reason and it's useless to find a comparison.

Personally, I loved VII due to the eco-warrior theme but VIII was fantastic for a whole range of other reasons.

The story was fantastic and I found the characters had a lot more depth to them than those of VII.

The junction system has been my favourite system to date due to it's flexibility.

The GF ability didn't do the battle system a lot of good, that I can agree with. It definitely made a lot of the boss battles rather easy.

I can't really pick too many faults with VIII, even though not popular with some, I still love it!

I love it. I love the story and the way it is portayed. I also like the charachters.

Whenever I play this game I just get sucked into it and thats what makes the game unique for me. I also love the way how it portays the love relation between Squall and Rinoa and to watch how it evolves is just great.

There were only 2 hates to this game from me: Zell and Selphie >.< Although Selphie was still okay compared to Zell.

I also liked how they implemented the laguna scenes and how they slowly finished them in Esthar.

Back