FFXI - Worth Getting?

i always wanted to play

...but i don't think my husband would let me upload it to our computer, LOL

is it a really good game, or no? i don't even know that much about it, haha

I myself think it's quite good (though I lost my account because of my forgetfulness :( ) There's way too much to be explained right now but I have to admit it is quite good. Though it shouldn't be called FFXI :D

Ok, so I saw this at Best Buy the other day, and it was at about $10 the game itself. And then I saw one little detail that repulsed me. "ONLINE" "MMORPG" were the real things that made me want to throw the game out the window in anger. If this has a separate storyline that can be played offline, I'd love to know. If not, I'll just skip this game and go "Meh." because I don't really want to pay to play an MMORPG on a freaking 360.

Ok, so I saw this at Best Buy the other day, and it was at about $10 the game itself. And then I saw one little detail that repulsed me. "ONLINE" "MMORPG" were the real things that made me want to throw the game out the window in anger. If this has a separate storyline that can be played offline, I'd love to know. If not, I'll just skip this game and go "Meh." because I don't really want to pay to play an MMORPG on a freaking 360.

Online play only, and it does extremly well with a USB keyboard on Xbox360. Also the game has been out on PC since 2003 and now is multi platform. So just a heads up

Since this topic crops up so much, I figured I'd make a topic and sticky it.

Is this game worth getting? Please post your replies so that people who cannot decide can read this to make their decisions.

I have it for the 360 and also have the expansion pack. The graphics are crisper and more colorful than the ps2 version.

One quick question: What does this Online version of FF has of that greatness? Surely is not the graphics. Is it?

Anywho, i thought of buying it myself but, like i said i don't see any diference between this and WoW...

There are far to many differences between this and WoW for me to go into atm, but I'm sure somebody will explain. They are two totally different kinds of games, and the graphics are rather amazing. Much better then WoW and if you consider how many years ago it came out, it's mind blowing.

What makes it greatness? That question varies, to me it was the community. You have to group with people and make friends. Also, it is the feeling of accomplishment, it takes a while to do things and when you finally do you really feel like you've done something.

~I thik its worth getin after playin it for a month on free trials and stuff like that but yu better be ready to grind but once yu get your character to a high level it should gett funner as yu go through the game i suuggest yu use one job max that lvl out then go to a different job unless yu really want to be the job that yu have to do a quest for~

I don't think the game should have fees.... I played it for a while but could never commit enough time to it, as as such had to quit as I just couldn't pay every month for something I wasn't using as often as other people on there.

I'd say its a very good game for people with a lot of time (and money) on their hands.

~I think after a while a while they will make it free like how Codemasters did RF Online but i thik its a good cheap price seeing as one person only needs one character~

I highly doubt they will ever make it free. It has already been out for several years and is the same price. The game will stop all together before it drops in price.

They are making a new MMORPG atm, so I'm sure when that comes out they will just slowly stop paying attention to FFXI.

In my opinion from when i played, no it isn't worth getting.
Wherever i want it was dead and the combat was rather slow for my liking.

Let me just say, this game is not for people who are not willing to commit time to it. Just like WoW except slower in the exp department early on. This is a lot more of a "group" oriented game. Each member of the party has equal contribution and there is TONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNS of game-play. So if you are committed trust me, it's the best rpg made. I would honestly say if you like Final Fantasy Lore, I would stay away from this game.

If you do like FF lore, there are tons of story lines (promithia, Zilart, Nation, Missions (windust San D'oria Bastok), Wings of the Goddess)

Also this is one of the most complicated RPGS out there past lvl 20. Once you get passed this point.. well you have to learn, I mean REALLY learn your Job.

It's definatly worth it for me.
I enjoy it because not only can you level up...
you can do the amazing storylines within the game =D
I havn't done many atm but I've started Treasures of Aht Urhgan and I'm enjoying it already. ^^;

I know it can be abit boring at times, like when you die or your waiting for a party invite...
but most of the times it's fun and you make many friends to help you etc. =]

I've never seen bad reviews for it and on a personal level it is one of the greatest games I've ever played.

With that said though, I think if you have to ask then it may be best to pass up on. The game is several years in and the fan base is falling because of its age. It should be something you should only play if you are excited and plan on it.

Worths for me, and i love the game, just need to have some breaks so i don't get to tired of it, cause after playing some months i always find myself just farming over and over, just to make some gd gil, the most thing i saw people complaining about the game was the slow combats, slow exp and the endless things we can do ingame, cause doesn't matter how many quests, they just don't have an end.

Well, this game is a MMORPG that is very unique, on how the battle system is putted up, how the menu is, and more, compared to most of the other MMORPGs like WoW, Guildwars etc... So, its like, you will love it, or you will hate it.
This game is a well old game now but still got lots of players. I wouldn't start playing it now because I feel its too late... There isn't so many people that starts to play this game anymore, and if you start, there would not be many newbies in the game and most of them are level 75 (level limit of the game). That leads to a hard time for newbies to level up and explore low level things because there will barely be people that are interested to do that, because they are all high leveled XD. The game is also huge, and the areas that are used for EXP parties to level at, are like deserts now. You'll hard find people at those areas more because the game is too huge that most the people are exploring new areas, or are at high level areas.
I've played this game since 2004, and quitted almost a year ago. I really recommend it, but I feel that it ain't so good to start playing this game now... I feel it is too late :P This game came out in 2001 xD
But it is the greatest MMORPG game I've played so far... And to me and many people, it is more than just a game when you get to make friends and get to know different people around the world.

Last edited:
I really wasn't too big into this game. It was a good try though
1EnjoiPanda7, just hoping you could put some more into your post than that.

Any reason why you didn't like it? Certain aspects you would have liked to have seen changed? How far did you get into the game? Stuff like that. Share your experiences with us or what you would have liked to have been different about this game.

Back